Summoned creatures and personal stats

XxDarkonxX

Question

Currently I'm a little bit confused as to why summoned creatures to not contribute to specific combat stats.

Suppose my character, Darkon, has an entire village watching him as he steps into a monster-infested hovel. A few minutes pass. Darkon steps out unscathed. The villagers peer into the hovel and find a bloody mess of what used to be real and living threats.

Even in instances that directly are related to the lore and immersion in the game, Darkon has killed the enemies. The villagers know it and so does Darkon and songs will sung for years to follow of the deeds that took place that night. Darkon is responsible.

But Darkon's Most Powerful Enemy Killed statistic, as well as total enemies killed, has not been updated. Evidently he's not responsible for the kills because his minion killed it. Darkon also must not have gotten his hands dirty as his total damage dealt didn't appear to move up. I would assume then that the villagers believe that he walked in the room and sweet-talked the enemies into spontaneously exploding. So... hmm... Darkon isn't responsible for the damages brought upon by his creation then. Okay.

But.. wait. What? If that were true then Darkon would be able to kill villagers without negative consequences. Darkon loves this idea as he's already Cruel and Deceptive beyond measure so he decides to go on a rampage across the village fighting only with his minion. No negative fame, right? The guards should kill the minion and recognize Darkon to be neutral as he didn't do any damage or kill anyone, right? Sounds silly but that is how the game treats the situation from a statistical aspect.

Statistically? Darkon didn't do anything at all but watch. Realistically? Darkon summoned a little piece of hell, ravaged the village with his creations, and should be burnt at the stake for his crimes against humanity.

Arguing that the summoned creature is separate from the caster is as if saying that the fireball is apart from the wizard. The fireball killed the enemy, the wizard just watched. They are both spells and are both born of the caster and their intentions. So why then does the minion's offensive contribution not count toward any of the caster's statistics? How can someone summon a weapon to wield and have it count statistically but a summoned creature doesn't count? They're both dealing damage and they both are being used by the caster.

In countless games before it has been agreed that a summoner fights vicariously through his summons. The caster's HP pool typically remains separate of his summon's but it's the caster that gets the kills, the caster that gets the exp from the battle, and the caster that is recognized for the feats of daring.

Lore, immersion, quests, exp, everything is counted as the caster being the cause but, statistically as recorded, the caster has done nothing to contribute.

I'm Darkon. Entire cities have been bent to their knees at my approach and it is on those knees they die. I've spilled blood across the entire countryside until hardly a voice can be heard. It's been whispered from lands afar that my kills number in the thousands... (which of course cannot be accurate or true as my personal statistics show only that I've killed maybe a handful tops throughout my entire adventure and I have more pure a number than even those who consider themselves the righteous; I'd offer to contest this in front of any council were there anyone left alive locally to hear my defense)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet