Accuracy is affected by many things.

- your class provides the initial value

- you gain +3 per level

- you gain +6 for "weapon focus" talents available to everyone

- you lose 4 for using a medium shield, 8 for a large shield

- you gain 5 for using a one-handed weapon without a shield

- some weapons get inherent +5 accuracy bonus, including spears and rapiers

- Eldritch Aim spell, potion of Eldritch Aim is cheap to craft

- many spells and class abilities temporarily or permanently increase it. For example Sagani should have a talent which gives her +15 accuracy against targets engaged by her animal companion.

• Like 2

On POTD have high accuracy is extremely important.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

No, no base stat increases it.

Accuracy is affected by many things.

- your class provides the initial value

- you gain +3 per level

- you gain +6 for "weapon focus" talents available to everyone

- you lose 4 for using a medium shield, 8 for a large shield

- you gain 5 for using a one-handed weapon without a shield

- some weapons get inherent +5 accuracy bonus, including spears and rapiers

- Eldritch Aim spell, potion of Eldritch Aim is cheap to craft

- many spells and class abilities temporarily or permanently increase it. For example Sagani should have a talent which gives her +15 accuracy against targets engaged by her animal companion.

This information is more-or-less accurate, except that the bonus for using a one-handed weapon without a shield is +12, not +5. (Unless that was changed recently. If it was, my apologies). 

Weapon enchantments also improve accuracy. (+4 for Fine, for example). 

• Like 1

+12 ? Sorry. This really makes me want to try a single weapon.

Also, because I'm a scrub, I forgot that a very common source of attack accuracy is weapon enchantment.

Fine: +4

Exceptional: +8

Superb: +12

"Accurate X" enchantment, except those on rapiers and spears, gives +4 Accuracy per level. It's generally worse than Fine/Exceptional/Superb, but it doesn't use as many anvil points. Unfortunately the highest I can craft is Accurate 2, while it's possible to find weapons with Accurate 3.

Right now I'm running a chanter and his big attack, the one after the 3rd verse, misses a lot. How do I increase that accuracy since talents only increase weapon accuracy and there isn't a skill I can put points into.

1. Make sure you are not wearing a medium/large shield, that will still affect spell accuracy.

2. You can use Potion of Eldritch Aim (cheap to craft), Inspiring Brilliance from a priest (talent), Zealous Focus aura (Paladin), one of early Priest spells, I believe Blessing.

3. You can lower monster stat which is used to defend against your invocation. If it's the stunning wave, you need to lower monster Fortitude. I think effects like Weakened and Sickened do that. One of the green cloud traps does that. Various druid plague spells can do that. If you have Interdiction talent on a priest, you can take one more talent to add Weakening effect to it.

Edited by b0rsuk

Right now I'm running a chanter and his big attack, the one after the 3rd verse, misses a lot. How do I increase that accuracy since talents only increase weapon accuracy and there isn't a skill I can put points into.

The list above was pretty comprehensive. In this case, only buffs (spells and abilities like Divine Radiance) will apply.

However, you can do something else: debuff whatever defense your Invocation is attacking. All the caster classes have spells/powers/chants etc. which can do this. That's in general pretty much required for effective use of magic.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Thanks a lot you 2! In most of these games that I've played, and I'm not a beginner here, you always had some stat you could raise that would help you acc. I never really had to use de buffs before and always thought then useless. That same mentality transfered to this game but I'll have to change that. It'll make an even more interesting gameplay than what I'm already enjoying.