So in my very first game (1st chr ever made), I found these two special weapons with the property "of draining." One is a stiletto I think, the other a flail. I found the first very early in the game and the flail I either found or bought from a store, I can't remember now.  (edit - it leeches a bit o' endurance)

But I haven't seen any others and I'm in mid-Act3 maybe - anyone know if there any more with this property, eg a sword or spear etc? I like using them on dual-wielders - they're very handy/helpful/fun, at least on Normal difficulty. ;p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On a tentatively related note about modifiers/enchantments... is there a  master list that explains them all anywhere? I still have no idea what Second Chance does.

That said, there's the Mosquito Rapier (in Caed Nua, 2nd Floor, hidden by the bucket by the pit with the Xaurips.

There's also the Purgatory Sabre, but I don't remember where it's from.

No Sword or Spear that I know of, sadly, and none listed on the Wiki.

Edit: The Flail you found was probably Gaun's Share, from the Temple of Eothas, and the Stiletto was probably Oidhreacht, which I don't remember where it's from either, but I did pick it up somewhere. It was either found during the main story exploration of Caed Nua or gotten from Gilded Vale Blacksmith, but I could be completely wrong.

Edit 2: There's also a Club, Blesca's Labor, and a Battle Axe, Edge of Reason, but I have no idea where they are found, I just checked the Wiki.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Purgatory (saber), Tidefall (great sword), Edge of Reason (battle axe), Mosquito (rapier), Blesca's Labor (club), The Rose of Salthollow (morning star), and Borresaine (war bow).

• Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

A rapier would be nice, thanks, I'll take a peek at that. Hm. Doesn't list locations, if any are specific. It's always possible some are quest rewards. Or just the random-ish.

Edit: @Luckman - hm, I've cleared that floor already, I don't remember seeing it. I'll go back and double-check. I do have a bunch of "Fine" sabers in my stash, tho. haha.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Second Chance seems to be the same as the Fighter ability Unbroken, but maybe not quite as good?  Basically once per rest if you have Second Chance on a piece of gear and you reach 0 END, you revive with like 50% END or something.  I love it.

Tidefall is the best draining weapon I found.  Slap Burning or Corrosive Lash on it and its 12/12 and wrecks things.

A rapier would be nice, thanks, I'll take a peek at that. Hm. Doesn't list locations, if any are specific. It's always possible some are quest rewards. Or just the random-ish.

Edit: @Luckman - hm, I've cleared that floor already, I don't remember seeing it. I'll go back and double-check. I do have a bunch of "Fine" sabers in my stash, tho. haha.

It's hidden. Go all sneaky-sneaky and have your Mechanics expert lick the bucket next to the corpse on the left side of the bloody pit.

If it's not there, I don't know what to say. I could swear under oath that it was there, but there's always the chance that I've mixed it up.

Edit: I found a source saying that it's actually bought from Winfrith in Dyrford, so.. eh.. awkward.

Edit 2: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Unique_Weapons Booyah. Not a full list, but it does list where a lot of things are found.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Second Chance seems to be the same as the Fighter ability Unbroken, but maybe not quite as good?  Basically once per rest if you have Second Chance on a piece of gear and you reach 0 END, you revive with like 50% END or something.  I love it.

Tidefall is the best draining weapon I found.  Slap Burning or Corrosive Lash on it and its 12/12 and wrecks things.

Tidefall is pretty much the best weapon in the game if you have anyone who likes two handers. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

Edit: I found a source saying that it's actually bought from Winfrith in Dyrford, so.. eh.. awkward.

lol...that's like something I would do. But awesome, guess I didn't notice before (only looked at Dyrford shops a couple times I think). I'll super-speed my party over there now. Finally something to spend my 50k+ on. *rubs hands together*
  • Like 1

On a tentatively related note about modifiers/enchantments... is there a  master list that explains them all anywhere? I still have no idea what Second Chance does.

That said, there's the Mosquito Rapier (in Caed Nua, 2nd Floor, hidden by the bucket by the pit with the Xaurips.

There's also the Purgatory Sabre, but I don't remember where it's from.

No Sword or Spear that I know of, sadly, and none listed on the Wiki.

Edit: The Flail you found was probably Gaun's Share, from the Temple of Eothas, and the Stiletto was probably Oidhreacht, which I don't remember where it's from either, but I did pick it up somewhere. It was either found during the main story exploration of Caed Nua or gotten from Gilded Vale Blacksmith, but I could be completely wrong.

Edit 2: There's also a Club, Blesca's Labor, and a Battle Axe, Edge of Reason, but I have no idea where they are found, I just checked the Wiki.

Second Chance Allows a character to get back up after reaching 0 Endurance (1/per encounter) provided they are not also at 0 health. 

Oidreacht is obtained in Caed Nua by killing the Spider Queen in the lower left-room of the floor that Maerwald is on. 

• Like 1

Tidefall is pretty much the best weapon in the game if you have anyone who likes two handers. 

Another great two-hander is Tall Grass (pike), with +10% of Hits converted to Crits ("Predatory"), and Crits inflict Prone ("Overbearing"). That's devastating when used in combination with a Rogue standing nearby for sneak attacks. Or just give it to a Rogue as a primary weapon. It kinda breaks the mold of what I think a Rogue should be using for a weapon, but boy does it work. 

I must be on a lot of people's ignore lists. I posted a full listing of every weapon with this property in the 4th post of the thread. Last time I try to be helpful.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Wow, sensitive much. You mentioned their names and types, and those who have posted afterwards have been discussing their locations and quality.

Tidefall is in a cave in the Searing Falls, NW. It's hidden (need 10 Mechanics or so; you can buff the skill with some scrolls and inn bonuses) and well protected, though.

Edited by CriticalFailure
  • Like 4