What class do you play as?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. What class do you play as?

2. 2. Continued

I "play" as fighter - it's always full custom party so who's the Watcher isn't really about favorite class. But the fighter is the one I start with because, sadly, some RPG's will make the protagonist stand in front for certain conversations (like the Skaen high cultist). When these talks lead to battle, you don't want your mage to be standing face to face with danger.

This is a much, much smaller problem in PoE than it was in NWN for example, but I also find the Watcher powers are great for tanks, and I've always sided with the knights... and that was before I knew the bonus you got, now my agreement with them is just further incentive to make the Watcher the tank.

If it's about the most interesting class then I'd probably say wizard.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Rogue here. It's a good scouting class, and I like being at the head of the party when I'm moving through a dungeon. It's also a class that needs a fair amount of micro during combat (at least for a melee build) and I don't mind doing that on a main character. 

Finally, my character archetype for "choose your own class" CRPG's is usually something close to the lead Corwin character in Zelazny's Amber novels. That's a skilled fencer, basically, relying on his wits instead of banging around in heavy plate, or using many spells. A fighter class works for that too, but Rogue adds some useful party skills like scouting and lockpicking, so I usually go with that. 

Haven't tried them all (as the Watcher) and I'm not sure I ever will. I have a feeling I'd never be able to play without at least Eder and Aloth...and I like having two fighter types in a party.

So far that means I often pick Fighter, because then I'm the other Fighter, and I create/hire a Priest, leaving two slots to cycle people in and out as I choose (or not).

I've tried being a Cipher (works well with Eder as tank, seems like) and started one where I was a Rogue, but haven't gotten far in that save yet. I have zero interest in Paladins (for myself or the companion) and little interest in Rangers. Might try a Druid at some point, or maybe making myself the Priest and hiring a 2nd Fighter.

Solo...if I ever try this, I have no idea. Lots of ideas out there, but I don't know what might work for me/that I'd like, personally.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Fighter. Since Neverwinter Nights I have the tradition of starting each new rpg I play (and that allows it) with a sword dual wielding fighter. Also, it's one of my favourite classes. Hell, I'm doing a full fighter party playthrough right now (tank, melee dps, ranged dps).

Paladin/Ranger in 1 answer ? is this like racism? discrimination?

I've found Paladins dull as dishwater for my tastes in just about every game ever and haven't seen anything to change my mind in PoE. This isn't to say they aren't effective. Just not my style.

Rangers - maybe a melee one someday. Bow type combat always felt OP'd to me in BG1, but I think there could have been a better solution for that over what PoE did. I lost a lot of interest in ranged weapon combat when there was no ammo whatsoever to manage. It feels Diablo-ish. (edit) I give them to my backline for when they're not casting spells, which works well, but don't pay them much mind otherwise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Paladin/Ranger in 1 answer ? is this like racism? discrimination?

I've found Paladins dull as dishwater for my tastes in just about every game ever and haven't seen anything to change my mind in PoE. This isn't to say they aren't effective. Just not my style.

Rangers - maybe a melee one someday. Bow type combat always felt OP'd to me in BG1, but I think there could have been a better solution for that over what PoE did. I lost a lot of interest in ranged weapon combat when there was no ammo whatsoever to manage. It feels Diablo-ish. (edit) I give them to my backline for when they're not casting spells, which works well, but don't pay them much mind otherwise.

I am sorry ... but WHAT EXACTLY this has to do with there being only 1 vote for both of these classes ?

Sry lady but you dont seem to actually read ... 

So Paladins are dull w/e its somebody's opinion 

Rangers might not be the best Ranged Marksman atm , BUT

Why the f.... they are in 1 category to vote for your PC character? Afaik I cant Have PaladinRanger or RangerPaladin ... 

Edited by Exoduss

Thats exactly my point , and it seems these 2 classes gets the most bashing on the forums , what i really wanted to see is how many people play each of these classes and now 2 least played classes will win the poll because they are together and in this way making whole pole null 

I am sorry ... but WHAT EXACTLY this has to do with there being only 1 vote for both of these classes ?

Why the f.... they are in 1 category to vote for your PC character? Afaik I cant Have PaladinRanger or RangerPaladin ...

Heh, you're correct that I misread your comment. But there's no need to be overly snippity about it.

For some reason I read that as "why aren't people voting for Rangers/Paladins." I haven't actually voted and thus can't/didn't see the poll results by default.

As to the reason - maybe it's a poll creation limitation, number of options you can put in. I'm not sure what those are. Don't think I've ever made a poll. :)

Heh, you're correct that I misread your comment. But there's no need to be overly snippity about it.

For some reason I read that as "why aren't people voting for Rangers/Paladins." I haven't actually voted and thus can't/didn't see the poll results by default.

As to the reason - maybe it's a poll creation limitation, number of options you can put in. I'm not sure what those are. Don't think I've ever made a poll. :)

meant no offense at all , tho got 1 request : is there any way for you as moderator to maybe fix the poll ? if no then lets leave it as it is and forget it 

I took a gander and it does seem like 10 poll options is the setting for a single-part poll. Even if I could add a choice, I doubt I could alter the votes already cast, if you know what i mean.

Rogue is easily my favorite, since the class can be played as the centerpiece of the group in combat (with a reach weapon) and fits in very well with the regular companions, which are good enough to buff and stand in the way of things, but don't tend to be all that good at the murdering bit of combat.