Weapons all pink ingame since this update today !

LG58

Question

Anyone else have this issue, I played this am, no problem, but then went out with wife for breakfast and when got home went back to last load ( continue) but once loaded all my weapons on char's are Pink !!!!!!!

I tried to reload, reset graphics and even changed weapons then even moved to another map location but still the same thing PINK !!!!!

10 answers to this question

It also happened to me, but it was my own fault. I messed up the GOG update. The game was still running in the background, forgot that I minimized it... In the end the patch deleted some of the game files and I had to reinstall the game... ^.^

Hi LG58,

Can you verify the integrity of the game? Just incase some files got corrupted. On steam,  close down the game and then right click on Pillars > Properties >> Local Files Files >>> "Verify integrity of game cache..." Let it run and start Pillars up again. Hopefully this should fix your issue.

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

It also happened to me, but it was my own fault. I messed up the GOG update. The game was still running in the background, forgot that I minimized it... In the end the patch deleted some of the game files and I had to reinstall the game... ^.^

Yep, be sure to close the game first before patching. But I am glad to hear you were able to fix this issue  :thumbsup: .

Got a bug :cat:?? Help us squish it!

• In your report Include your *save file* (C:\Users\YourNameHere\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) and ...
  • PC: *output_log.txt* (In your PillarsOfEternity_Data folder)
  • Mac/Linux: *Player.log* (In your Unity folder)

• Thank you for your help!

Have the same problem. Installed the update and now the world is full of pink (T_T)

Will try re-installiing....

Tell me if it works, please :)

Though all of my screen (and the map) are pink, so be happy it's just the weapons :p

Edited by Reever

Have the same problem. Installed the update and now the world is full of pink (T_T)

Though all of my screen (and the map) are pink, so be happy it's just the weapons :p

In the end, I deleted, and re-installed everything except the latest patch, so it's back to normal...

I think I'm gonna skip this patch...

• Like 1

I had the same problem. I moved into a building, and some fo the arae was clear and but there were loads of pink dots. Going back outside was a wolrd of pink again.

Notably, I had started by installing the PoE 2.1.10 patch on GoG, which took a very long time to load up (I had to try about three times because it locked up; I thought it was just being awkward, since I was running some other maintenance taska at the time). I went back and deleted that off the harddrive completely and then ran the White March 2.1.10 patch from GoG.

I restarted the game after applying the White March patch and everything now looks normal.

Maybe there's something up with GoG's basic non-expansion PoE patch.

In the end, I deleted, and re-installed everything except the latest patch, so it's back to normal...

So you just skipped the latest patch? Hmmm...the thing is, I couldn't even get to Caed Nua before, because my game kept crashing. Will experiment with this a bit more when I have more time.

So you just skipped the latest patch? Hmmm...the thing is, I couldn't even get to Caed Nua before, because my game kept crashing. Will experiment with this a bit more when I have more time.

That's odd. Apart from minor bugs, I've had no serious problems with the expansion. Which is why I'm skipping the latest patch for the moment. I'm sure there will be another soon. 

GOG has two patches, and there's some weirdness about what order they need to be used in.

1.06 is still the most stable build, it's the one right before 2.0 and white march came out.

The saves will be compatible. You just can't access the new content.

If the GOG 2.01 patch was used but your in game still says 2.00.76 something, then it wasn't patched right and it's probably missing files or animation.

Edited by Ymarsakar