Save files won't load since patch

echodrain

Question

When I launched the game after installing the latest patch, my continue/load buttons were greyed out. I verified the games local files via steam, and I was once again able to access my save files. When I tried to load one, the game crashed, and now the option to load/continue is back to being greyed out.

I no longer have the grinding gears telling me that the save files are loading, it just stays grey as if I've never played the game before.

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

They are local and cloud. Every time you made a save and close the game the local saves are uploaded to the cloud via steam.

I guess the game is creating an index when you open it. Weird thing however is that it takes like 20 seconds anyways from clicking on save or load until you get into the menu as it has to load everything in there anyways. But that one might be a unity problem as it took ages in MMX as well.

I also have the same issue for a while now already, even before the latest patch. Restarting the game a few times sometimes works, but what works every time is to restart my PC

OK correction, restarting my PC didn't fix the problem 

I checked my AV program and Pillars were marked as "low restricted", changed it to "trusted", problem solved :)

Edited by Descartian

It will. It happened to me not for a day and then appeared again at the next. Today it also happened the first time I started the game.

I also realized that this is also always coupled with a longer loading time. If you let the splash screens including the kickstarter screen fade through and the music is still playing it works. When it pauses in the kickstarter screen so long that the music is over when it reaches the main screen, it mostly means that it will not work.

Just to report back and confirm the changes I made to my AV, more than a week ago, definitely fixed the problem for me. Not one re-occurrence since then

It looks like it was specifically something under the exclusions tab for Pillars with my AV that fixed the problem