I understand that the 1.05 patch is probably dropping tomorrow

Where did you see that?

Apparently, they're doing some rebuilding of the Steam Depots (whatever they are) right now, and patch 1.05 will be live very, very soon (i.e. within minutes or a couple hours, or even by the time you read this).

As for where I read this, in the announcements subforum....

The thing that irks me most about the paladin is the small aura and that it doesn't stack with things.  I made a shieldbearer paladin and took endurance aura and shielding flames.  The idea was to boost my party defenses on Potd, freeing up my priest from casting DR boosts and Circle of Protection.  Then I found out that shielding flames doesn't stack with Faith and Conviction...yay!!

So only the other party members inside my limited aura benefitted from shielding flames.

The thing that irks me most about the paladin is the small aura and that it doesn't stack with things.  I made a shieldbearer paladin and took endurance aura and shielding flames.  The idea was to boost my party defenses on Potd, freeing up my priest from casting DR boosts and Circle of Protection.  Then I found out that shielding flames doesn't stack with Faith and Conviction...yay!!

So only the other party members inside my limited aura benefitted from shielding flames.

I think the ability description mentioned that shielding flames is for allies only. So the paladin is excluded?

I think the ability description mentioned that shielding flames is for allies only. So the paladin is excluded?

Shieldbearer abilities seem to be more focused on helping allies than on themselves.

I almost wish this was on the Paradox Forum like most games they publish. No way a thread has 18 pages on one of their forums without a comment from a developer or publisher or scripter or tester or someone corporate.

And no excuses for small team. Do you see how oftern the City Skyline devs post on the forum over there.

Righteous soul would be pretty good if anyone targeted paladin with the effects it counters. It's decent solo, but it doesn't counter the most scary afflictions and it's not that it can't be replicated with some item use if needed.

Yes ? What item ? What items can be used to take care of Charmed, Dominated ? Charmed and Dominated count as the most scary afflictions.

If you want peace, prepare for war. No one likes to attack the strong guy. Using your logic, having a gun at home is only good when someone is attacking you. I'd rather have people in the neighborhood know I have a gun and not attack me. If they don't target the Paladin, it's because the ability is doing its job.

Righteous Soul is good to have on a paladin, because he can keep enemies from reaching you, and help party members. I'd rather have one of my ranged characters charmed than Eder. Paladin can heal, revive, use Liberating Exhortation. Because paladin is so hard to disable, it's a good idea to make him your party's Lore Guy. Then he can use scrolls to deal with emergencies when everyone else is disabled.

Charmed and dominated are mostly harmless.  Petrify is the most scary that I know of... you take extra damage while having almost no defenses etc ..  even my near immortal moongod pally tank can't survive the master below if he gets petrified by that caster that comes along for the fight.

Have gun will travel reads the card of a man
A knight without armor in a savage land
His fast gun for hire heeds the calling wind
A soldier of fortune is a man called Paladin

Paladin Paladin where do you roam Paladin Paladin far far from home

He travels on to wherever he must
A chess knight of silver is his badge of trust

There are campfire legends that the plainsmen sing

Of a man with the gun of the man called Paladin
Paladin Paladin where do you roam Paladin Paladin far far from home
Far far from home far far from home

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I just realised that Zealous Focus gets suppressed by the accuracy buffs casted by my priest. Lolwut

Yep Paladin Auras get supressed by spells. So paladin eh..provides action economy? Or maybe just an meatshield
Oh well, anyway I chose ZF aura in order to get the hits to crit talent so in a way that's still bearable. Edited by Evange

Pretty much. Solid tank with some good support abilities. Could be more Interactive and the auras could be bigger. Even with a lot of Int they aren't that big personally I still love them but I have a Paladin fetish.

Also balancing a leader type class can be tough especially as a dpser. Cause if their dps is too good there would be zero point to bring heavy hitters as they don't have the support abilities.

• Like 1

Have gun will travel.

I think no class has a stronger item than the outworn buckler...

Ok...I was thinking more along the lines of Holy Avenger...

So the paladin needs items from BG2, while everybody else has items from BG MINUS 1? :D

There is also a generic buckler with exactly the same ability but available to all classes ( I got it somwhere in Endless Paths). Furthermore those two stack so with a paladin(tank) and a chanter(tank) it was quite a nice duo.

EDIT: just checked the name of buckler: "Little Savior",

Edited by Vorad

There is also a generic buckler with exactly the same ability but available to all classes ( I got it somwhere in Endless Paths). Furthermore those two stack so with a paladin(tank) and a chanter(tank) it was quite a nice duo.

EDIT: just checked the name of buckler: "Little Savior",

You must be trolling "somewhere in the endless paths".

After you beat the adra dragon you already beat the toughest enemy in the game, what does it matter what item he drops? The outworn buckler can be bought in GILDED VALE.

• Like 1