Should Kotor2 be a little more Violent.

Should Kotor2 be more viloent Than the Original ?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kotor2 be more viloent Than the Original ?

• Violence is a Shame
    • Absolutely not
    • no
    • Yes
    • Absolutely
    • Let me Make all My oponnents vomit their guts before Dying!

Bloody hell, just look at those poor sods begging for violence and gore. What a f*cked-up world did I end up living in... <_<

It seems like the rating system's got it all backwards, since it's only the wee ones that watch a movie or play a game for sexuality, violence and gore...

I think that pretty much makes my point for the initial question of the topic. Now I'll go and shoot myself, thank you.

*in the name of humor, decides to totally ignore the second line*

Ha ha. Yes, how could I forget the daily massacres on the mean streets on Canada? They totally slipped my mind. Ha ha ha.

Like I said earlier: Violence is all well and good, so long as it isn't excessive. The more realistic the game is meant to/needs to be, the more realistic the violence is. Star Wars has always been less gorey in its violence (blasters rather than bullets, lightsabers rather than swords), so KOTOR should reflect that. Half-Life, on the other hand, is more of a survival-horrory FPS (like Resident Evil). They go more for a sci-fiish realism, and the gore gets turned up because of it.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

One quick thing I'd like to get out there...Why be restricted to the d20 rules? Aren't games and other things, much better when they're original, and not just a repeat of something done prior to them? Hell, I say, let the guy be a Kobold in NWN if he wants to. Let the player decide what's best for them, not a collection of rules.............I'm done.....Oh wait....one other thing...

The violence level of KOTOR...was a little lacking, even for a Star Wars game, but in TSL, you get to make people crush into a ball......I think that's a welcome addition for the violent types.......and those of us who appreciate the sound of cracking bones... *cough*

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

There is a small ammount of blood with a lightsaber wound. Go watch ANH again. When Obi-Wan hacks off the arm in the Mos Eisley cantina, there is a puddle of blood. The wound gets cauterized, but I'm sure a small ammount of blood seeps in the split second.

You have to remember that lightsabers instantly cauterize wounds, just like irons.

So, whenever something is hacked off by a lightsaber, there's no blood or gore.

Just keep on remembering that this was said earlier and and answered that that kind of Non gorry dismemberment was not even in Kotor. ;)

*in the name of humor, decides to totally ignore the second line*

Ha ha.  Yes, how could I forget the daily massacres on the mean streets on Canada?  They totally slipped my mind.  Ha ha ha.

I the name of humor i wont get mad But please dont say anything against Canada it just make me Angry :angry: cause its a fact that our country is Far better (at this very moment) at least....

Sirus, I want to play a character that is... wait for the whole point of what I am saying...  wait for it...  THAT ARE IN THE FREAKING d20 RULES WHICH OBSIDIAN AND BIOWARE HAVE CHOSEN TO IGNORE!

In the base rules of Dungeons and Dragons 2e kobold is not a playable race therefore it is unreasonable for you to want to play that, while in the Star Wars d20 RPG there are a 6 to 8 NON-FORCE USING classes to choose from that can easily fit within the framework of the Computer version of the rules of KotOR1 and KotOR2, so what I request is reasonable. 

As for those  saying that the Star Wars is meant to be for Jedi/Sith only I would like to show you the entire Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron book series as well as numerous of other books in the franchise that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FORCE USERS!

Thanks for playing.

I guess you still don't grasp that just because Bioware BORROWED items from the d20 ruleset, doesn't mean they have to follow it 100%.

When I play hockey with my friends, we don't use all the actual NHL rules. We don't have off-sides. We don't have penalties. We don't have line changes. We don't play 3, 20-minute periods. Does that mean that we're not actually playing hockey? No. It means we're just not adhering to EVERY rule that professional hockey has in place.

I also disagree that it would fit the current storyline to have a non-Jedi as the PC, mainly because the story happens to be about Jedi-Sith. If the story weren't so Sith-as-enemy oriented, then I'd agree with you. Heck, I've said numerous times that I'd enjoy playing a game and storyline as a non-Jedi. I think that'd be a fun game. But it just doesn't fit the KOTOR theme. That's not to say it doesn't fit a Star Wars game theme, just THIS specific Star Wars theme.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

For a game that doesnt really concern the jedi on as personal a level as KOTOR and its upcoming sequel, might I suggest Star Wars: Republic Commando? Or Star Wars: Battlefront? Both shooters, I know, but your not a jedi...In the very least.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

And that, my friend, is a debate I won't get into.

And by the way, I find it quite disturbing that you consider it an insult when I imply that Canada is a generally safe place to live.  Very disturbing indeed...

That remind me of "no Cure For Cancer" By dennis leary.

Should should listen to that. :)

Sirus, I want to play a character that is... wait for the whole point of what I am saying...  wait for it...  THAT ARE IN THE FREAKING d20 RULES WHICH OBSIDIAN AND BIOWARE HAVE CHOSEN TO IGNORE!

In the base rules of Dungeons and Dragons 2e kobold is not a playable race therefore it is unreasonable for you to want to play that, while in the Star Wars d20 RPG there are a 6 to 8 NON-FORCE USING classes to choose from that can easily fit within the framework of the Computer version of the rules of KotOR1 and KotOR2, so what I request is reasonable. 

As for those  saying that the Star Wars is meant to be for Jedi/Sith only I would like to show you the entire Rogue Squadron/Wraith Squadron book series as well as numerous of other books in the franchise that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FORCE USERS!

Thanks for playing.

I guess you still don't grasp that just because Bioware BORROWED items from the d20 ruleset, doesn't mean they have to follow it 100%.

When I play hockey with my friends, we don't use all the actual NHL rules. We don't have off-sides. We don't have penalties. We don't have line changes. We don't play 3, 20-minute periods. Does that mean that we're not actually playing hockey? No. It means we're just not adhering to EVERY rule that professional hockey has in place.

I also disagree that it would fit the current storyline to have a non-Jedi as the PC, mainly because the story happens to be about Jedi-Sith. If the story weren't so Sith-as-enemy oriented, then I'd agree with you. Heck, I've said numerous times that I'd enjoy playing a game and storyline as a non-Jedi. I think that'd be a fun game. But it just doesn't fit the KOTOR theme. That's not to say it doesn't fit a Star Wars game theme, just THIS specific Star Wars theme.

And the fact its named KNIGHTS of the Old Republic ;) fair enough if it was Non-Force Users of the Old Republic but.....well it isnt is it :lol:

Uh...  I'm pretty sure the part they're annoyed with is the fact that they can't RP a Jedi in a CRPG, not the fact that they can't not be a Jedi in an FPS.

I'm well aware of that...it was only a suggestion, and an effort to divert attention from your glass :ph34r: ..................................... Yeah, well, um... Star Wars Galaxies would be a good option, provided that you can stand MMORPGs...I'll be quiet. :p

- Everlast

• 2 weeks later...
There is a small ammount of blood with a lightsaber wound.  Go watch ANH again.  When Obi-Wan hacks off the arm in the Mos Eisley cantina, there is a puddle of blood.  The wound gets cauterized, but I'm sure a small ammount of blood seeps in the split second.

If Lucas added it merely for the PG rating, then I'm sure that's the only reason why the blood was included.

It could also very well be an oversight since it was the first movie being made.....because no other lightsaber blow had any blood in it.

Uh... I'm pretty sure the part they're annoyed with is the fact that they can't RP a Jedi in a CRPG, not the fact that they can't not be a Jedi in an FPS

No....Hades is upset because he has to play a Jedi in KOTOR......not because he cannot roleplay one. He simply does not WANT to roleplay one.

I was gonna go back and edit that. But since you brought my messed up quote to attention, read it like this now:

Uh... I'm pretty sure the part they're annoyed with is the fact that they must RP a Jedi in a CRPG, not the fact that they can't not be a Jedi in an FPS.

Change the can't to the must, and it all makes more sense. :)

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out