Should Kotor2 be a little more Violent.

Should Kotor2 be more viloent Than the Original ?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kotor2 be more viloent Than the Original ?

• Violence is a Shame
    • Absolutely not
    • no
    • Yes
    • Absolutely
    • Let me Make all My oponnents vomit their guts before Dying!

One thing that i liked both from Jedi Knight 2 And My all time favorite game FALLOUT2 Was the ability to dismember my enemies (Not willingly bot you know Sh!t Happens) :D

So for my own i think that kotor should be a little more violent ( not such Has Fallout but a least like Jedi Knight 2)

What About You ?

I wish I could hostile everybody, a'la Fallout. I hate having to provoke nubs into fights. Alas, since KOTOR is so story-driven, it would be impossible. What if I killed Canderous before he joined my party? No Hawk for me. Looks like I'm trapped on Taris...

Whereas in Fallout, you can just walk out of town...

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

I wish I could hostile everybody, a'la Fallout.  I hate having to provoke nubs into fights.  Alas, since KOTOR is so story-driven, it would be impossible.  What if I killed Canderous before he joined my party?  No Hawk for me.  Looks like I'm trapped on Taris...

Whereas in Fallout :wub: , you can just walk out of town...

This is where i think fallout :wub: coud have been improved .

The actual problem was that when you tried to steal something from anybody and get caught they would turn hostile on you . Wich could wipe out all your quest in that very town.

What was actually pi***** me off was that quest where you had to resolve a conflict where 2 people where acusing each other of thievery.

But has for the story driven thing and if someone ever ask i prefer a d*m* good story like the kotor one over the option of blasting away an entire planet wich would be unrealistic and ... DuMb :p . Its not like if the place you were visiting was a little village like Arroyo. But .. they could do an option to attack anybody and of course make a huge force to attack you if you ever doing it on a huge planet like manaan. But you could du it by error and that could kill the game since your last savegame (wich happened to often to me in fallout 2 and Bgate).

But maybe there is an ettic that lucasarts has that prevent obsidian and Bioware to do so. And blablablablaBla Blafjkjlsofuhsufhpdcwejhtyrdskioyf

Dismemberment or not ?

The only thing I realy felt lacking in the game was the aggressive violence..... It was geared more towards the traditional SW movies setting of violonce......only happens if nesseccory......

I wanted to go up to certian npc and just start hacking them up with my lightsaber....but alais this would not be so..... ;)

The only thing I realy felt lacking in the game was the aggressive violence..... It was geared more towards the traditional SW movies setting of violonce......only happens if nesseccory......

I wanted to go up to certian npc and just start hacking them up with my lightsaber....but alais this would not be so..... :(

Of course i dont actually think that there will be any free for all attack in the game but if you look the trailer carefully you can hear a nice Neckbreak wich is a good sign.

But i wonder if any member of obsidian could give us an hint on how they intend to implement violence in the game. :lol:

Now you're just coming across as stupid. Was the only reason you liked Fallout because you could have sex and shoot innocent people?

Violence is a thing to be curbed (I'm all for whipping out the lightsabers, blasters, and vibroblades and havin a good time, but limbs flying off is excessive), rather than cranked up. When there's too much dismemberment, it gets very distracting and just looks dumb. If we were going for high realism, then a successful lightsaber attack would remove a head or a limb. THEN the dismemberment would be acceptable. But no, in KOTOR, a suit of armor is just as good against a lightsaber as it is against a short sword. So we're not going for high realism, are we?

That will be all.

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out 

Violence is wrong..........But so, so right!

Well, to an extent of course, if it gets out of hand, it becomes...how can I put this delicately...STUPID AS ****!! Ahem...I think there should be dismemberment, as an option, I mean, younger kids played KOTOR too ya know. They don't need to see yoda's head go twenty feet in the air, now do they?

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

If i remeber correctly every ep of sw has had some kind of dismemberment in it  :lol:

dismemberment, perhaps. no blood or gore, which is what more "violence" ala Fallout entails. and aside from Windu chopping off Jango Fett's head, no other decapitations either.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As a quickie note, the reason in Ep. IV we had Obiwan slicing off the obnoxious guy's arm in the Cantina in Mos Eisley was the fact that Lucas had been told his movie was going to warrant a G rating. He was afraid that this would keep adults from taking it seriously as a film, so he added in that scene to bump it up to PG.

As far as dismemberments go, I'd rather they work on storyline. ;)

Never assume malice when stupidity is to blame.

Now you're just coming across as stupid.  Was the only reason you liked Fallout because you could have sex and shoot innocent people?

I liked fallout because of the free for all ambiance that was in it.

Because with big enought guns and balls you could change the face of entire america .

And why shooting innocent people :) would not be fun ( i mean in videogames only)

Well, to an extent of course, if it gets out of hand, it becomes...how can I put this delicately...STUPID AS ****!! Ahem...I think there should be dismemberment, as an option, I mean, younger kids played KOTOR too ya know. They don't need to see yoda's head go twenty feet in the air, now do they?

Comon man what is wrong with seeing yoda's head at the end of a well sharped spear.

And even if younger kids could see that. If they are old enought to play kotor and actually understand what their doing they can see dismemberment.

I played Dukenukem back in the 90's and i dont think im more mentaly disturbed :) than any other.

Comon man what is wrong with seeing yoda's head at the end of a well sharped spear.

And even if younger kids could see that. If they are old enought to play kotor and actually understand what their doing they can see dismemberment.

I played Dukenukem back in the 90's and i dont think im more mentaly disturbed ;) than any other.

Wow, ur pretty far gone then man :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I wan't blood flying out and flesh pulverizing as heavy kinetic rounds fly into, oh so soft flesh, a sound like frying bacon as lightsabers cut through my oponents neck. The sweet symphony of slaughter, me as the sith lord a perfect conductor.....

Edit: :ph34r: evilness escaping, *waves hand* You did not see anything here... You mud crawling filth!

*waves hand* You did not hear me call you mud crawling filth. :ph34r:

Star wars isnt about tearing out peoples guts and sticking a spear through master vandars head.... cmon guys watch the movies, the most blood we've seen in SW movies was the cantina seen in ANH

That's my problem they are too generic and not realistic enough to warrent anything but a G rating (that's for all the movies)

I prefer to play games based on the SW universe that are a little more real and not candy coated.......