Obsidian, send us our physical goods please

Don't know if it's you or that hack job publisher you signed up with, but I'm sick and tired of waiting for my stuff I paid 65 bucks for, and others who paid much less getting to play the game weeks before us.   Save the propaganda about getting a digital key, that was given away to a friend. THAT WAS THE POINT OF BUYING THAT TEIR.

Most poorly handled kickstarter experience I've ever been a part of.

Won't be reading responses, not in the mood for fanboi crying. This message was for Obsidian only.

You got a second key, genius.

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-181-physical-goods-i-havent-received-mine-yet-when-are-they-coming/

so if you've got a physical game, you get 3 key's in total?
And if so, what version is inside the CE box?

It depends on the tier that a backer selected. For the $65 tier for example, it comes with a physical version of the game, and part of its tier on Kickstarter was to also come with a digital copy. Since we delayed delivery of the final discs, we gave all physical folks an extra Hero key so they could play on release. A number of people had already decided to give their extra key to a friend when they backed the game, so we wanted to make sure they themselves could play too on launch.

If for some reason you don't see an extra key on your account and think you should, please contact us at support@obsidian.net and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Darren

• Like 3

What is the point of making a topic like this or any topic on a forum without even the intention of reading it? That's pretty much just trolling, without admitting it to yourself.

Trolling is about manipulation of emotions. This topic is about trying to communicate. There being better ways to communicate is not the point. 

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/7/entry-181-physical-goods-i-havent-received-mine-yet-when-are-they-coming/

It depends on the tier that a backer selected. For the $65 tier for example, it comes with a physical version of the game, and part of its tier on Kickstarter was to also come with a digital copy. Since we delayed delivery of the final discs, we gave all physical folks an extra Hero key so they could play on release. A number of people had already decided to give their extra key to a friend when they backed the game, so we wanted to make sure they themselves could play too on launch.

If for some reason you don't see an extra key on your account and think you should, please contact us at support@obsidian.net and we'll be happy to help!

Thanks,

Darren

So everyone who hasn't read that update is an idiot? I had to ASK to get my extra key which is bogus. Why did they not just do it automatically? I am very pleased with getting an extra key but I believe they could have handled this better. I don't always follow the updates and I never got an email saying the shipment was going to be delayed over a month.

I'm not at all upset about the delay as there ought to be plenty of patches available by the time Memorial Day weekend rolls around. I despise bugs and all the major ones and a substantial portion of the lesser ones should be remedied by then.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Thanks,

Darren

So everyone who hasn't read that update is an idiot? I had to ASK to get my extra key which is bogus. Why did they not just do it automatically? I am very pleased with getting an extra key but I believe they could have handled this better. I don't always follow the updates and I never got an email saying the shipment was going to be delayed over a month.

Well I'd say everyone who might have read that update had they not been too much of a drama queen to read their own thread like a reasonable adult is an idiot. 

Edited by Lmaoboat
  • Like 1

Thanks,

Darren

Yes.

Everyone that participates in an economic venture and does not at the very least browse through the updates before going publicly bananas is an idiot.

And they did do it automatically. That's why they explicitly say "If [...] you don't see an extra key [...] contact us [...].". You apparently managed to even quote it, despite still not having read it.

t50aJUd.jpg

Thanks,

Darren

No, this guy is an idiot for a) not emailing support about this before now and rather than posting here if it was this important to him, and b) his RAAARGH I WON'T BE READING ANY RESPONSES post, since if he's being truthful about that then he'll have no idea that he's long since been given/promised a second key to play.

My extra key showed up just fine, incidentally, so yeah, it looks like they did do it automatically and something simply went wrong for a few people.

Edited by sparklecat

Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious that he's not played the game for over three weeks, entirely because of.. well.. not thinking, reading, contacting, etc? :lol:

He's basically not been playing for no reason at all, sitting in a closet somewhere simmering in indignant rage for no reason.

t50aJUd.jpg

Am I the only one that thinks it's hilarious that he's not played the game for over three weeks, entirely because of.. well.. not thinking, reading, contacting, etc? :lol:

He's basically not been playing for no reason at all, sitting in a closet somewhere simmering in indignant rage for no reason.

And it looks like that's going to continue, since he's refusing to read his thread!

• Like 1

Thanks,

Darren

No need to be snippy. No hero key has been added to my account page so it's simply not true that they were systematically added to the accounts of everyone at the $65-tier. We ended up installing my husband's GOG copy on both our PCs so I've no reason to spend my time hassling with Obsidian support in order to downgrade to a hero copy, but I have checked my product page each time the issue has been raised in the forums just to see whether a second digital key had been added.

Edited by Lady Evenstar

Guys, I will admit that I am at a loss for where my physical goods are at as well. I received my shirt and card, but not the discs or box. Was there an update that was supposed to address that? If so, could you please share what the latest news is? Thanks. FYI, I am at the $100 physical tier.

Guys, I will admit that I am at a loss for where my physical goods are at as well. I received my shirt and card, but not the discs or box. Was there an update that was supposed to address that? If so, could you please share what the latest news is? Thanks. FYI, I am at the $100 physical tier.

At least you have received your shirt.

Living in Europe and ordering things from America by mail is a damn nightmare...