What you did today

LadyCrimson

It was a surprise

I don't think anything else on the menu was different except for the happy anniversary going across the top but I thought it was a nice touch

It was a nice touch, they have many customers and locals yet they still made your particular evening significant. Great gesture and good idea from you  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tried to design a story centered around psychological attacks called "Jokers"; where the protagonist has a sober trip, and during his episode he has imaginary battles with people in a kind of dreamworld. He spends his time conjuring up imagery in his imagination, as you do, but it becomes over-powering - taken over by sensory illusions in the space around him that only gets more powerful. He experiences a tunnel-like mechanism in the mind, and he can travel through it (he'd see it with eyes closed and be able to manipulate it with the mental bond), and many peaks and falls of, basically, illusion.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

It is strange how having your own place has you doing wierd things without even noticing:

Second day of gardening and tomorrow I'll buy 1 or 2 more bags of soil to finish the work.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So now that you can... will you? :>

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Of course not, simply taking comfort in the fact that I could make awesome photos is perfectly sufficient for me. 

Oh, today I bought some shoes...

x1100.jpg

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Did you just recently move out on your own?

Only managed to move in recently and it's my first completly own house. Before, living on  my own I was renting a flat. Kept it clean, but it wasn't mine to do "stuff".

This I build myself from the ground up (or supervised the people who did the actual building ;))

Now hopefully I'll be done messing around in the garden tomorrow, and hopefully the ironwork I have ordered will be done the day after, so we can install the gates to protect the facade.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I begin my first day at my new job tomorrow... a bit apprehensive.

Do you have butterflies on your stomach? Try drowning them in alcohol 

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Did you just recently move out on your own?

Only managed to move in recently and it's my first completly own house. Before, living on  my own I was renting a flat. Kept it clean, but it wasn't mine to do "stuff".

This I build myself from the ground up (or supervised the people who did the actual building ;))

Now hopefully I'll be done messing around in the garden tomorrow, and hopefully the ironwork I have ordered will be done the day after, so we can install the gates to protect the facade.

Melk where do you live now ? In Greece or Crete ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Of course not, simply taking comfort in the fact that I could make awesome photos is perfectly sufficient for me. 

Oh, today I bought some shoes...

x1100.jpg

I buy all my clothes from ASOS. It's the best place for deals; I spent 1000 in January and 1000 over the space of a few months ( but at the time I didn't have much clothes ). I expect to be buying more in January.

Oh yeah, and I got a mouth infection.

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

Athens, Greece. Opening my own tiny hotel once I sort a few last things, such as the new bank account and a way to accept credit cards.

Wowzers dude, good luck and I sincerely mean that considering the tough economic climate that  Greece faces 

If its any consolation I know many people who are going to Greece or have gone to Greece on holiday recently because the general prices are so reasonable 

John Milton 

My work e-mail is being spoofed. YAAAAAAY

dancing.gif banana.gif aiee.gif wowey4.gif  facepalmri6.gif bangheadir0.gif

Came into work to see 20+ "undeliverables" I've never sent and growing. Double checked with the ISP, the e-mails are not coming through their servers, so at least I'm not infected.

Edit: Now this is interesting, it seems as if the e-mails were all sent around 8:11 AM this morning. That's what the bounce backs all tell me. None since then, just some are slower to send something back. I guess whoever was infected took it offline.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We aren't taking a big RV trip this summer, but I am packing up for a short two night trip to San Francisco.  We will be taking a ferry over to the Giant's game tomorrow and will walk around the city afterwards.  Near the end of July we are also going to Portland for a week (and a wedding) so that will be good.  

My plan is to go to New York in the RV next summer.  :)

• Like 2

Wish clients would just put their questions in bullet points, having to sort through these paragraphs to figure out what exactly they want - as they'll turn around later and complain if one item was missed - is quite tedious when we really don't need to be helping them here at all. Bah. At least it is a nice day today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Preparing myself for the national vintage military rifle championship on Friday, I just handloaded 20 7.5x55S match rounds for my 90 year old girl. Only 40m more to go. 

myoldgirl_zpselsgp6nb.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

Flying tomorrow to the coast to see my family, I'm on the early flight in the morning ...6 am so I need to wake up at 4 am 

Its going to be cold but I'm going to the warm coast, I'll be spending time at our beach cottage. I can't wait...I can do some snorkeling and  diving  :dancing:

• Like 1

John Milton 

We aren't taking a big RV trip this summer

Yeah its going to be weird not seeing the " obligatory Hurlshot RV trip  family yearly photos "   :(

• Like 2

John Milton 

Just ordered another lens for my camera, a Rokinon 12mm F2.0 NSC. Its probably one of the best commercially available wide angle astro-photography lenses which is good for extreme shutter speeds without star trailing (thats where its wide angle comes in handy).  That thing is so good I could (with a few tricks) make breathtaking shots of the milky way in the middle of a brightly lit city. 

roki1.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1