What you did today

LadyCrimson

Maybe I should elaborate; I thought it was common knowledge that companies will happily provide any information they have gathered about you to the gov't. You explicitly agree to this by using their devices and services (I can't read Swedish but I figure it's more or less the same):

To whom do we disclose your information?

Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:

- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);

- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and

- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.

So you pay for an expensive device that records everything you say, and this info is passed along to law enforcement when they require it. Pretty much what you were describing. In addition, those TVs have a "facial recognition" camera, which -unsurprisingly- has been hacked in the past.

I'm not making this stuff up, mate. ;)

Röstinformation - t.ex. inspelningar av din röst som vi gör (och som vi kan lagra på våra servrar) när du använder röstkommandon för att styra en tjänst. (Observera att vi arbetar tillsammans med tjänsteleverantörer (tredje part) som tillhandahåller tal-till-text-konverteringstjänster å våra vägnar. Den här tjänsteleverantören kan ta emot och lagra vissa röstkommandon.)

It's there, I don't disagree with you on any point here, but it was a GREAT segway! Awesome flow.

You took my little jab about invasion of privacy with a camera and pointed this out, smooth as silk! ^^

Anyway, there's also this bit:

Genom att använda eller delta i en tjänst och/eller tillhandahålla oss din information godkänner du att din information samlas in, överförs, lagras och behandlas utanför ditt uppehållsland (t.ex. till Sydkorea), i enlighet med den här personuppgiftspolicyn. Observera att dataskyddslagen och andra lagar i länder som din information kan överföras till eventuellt inte är lika stränga som lagarna i ditt land.

Wich points out that the collected data about you might be sent out of the country to places that does'nt have as strict "information protection laws". Good stuffs.

I'm massively against any form of passive surveillance, be it speed cameras, DNA, data mining or this.

I wish more people voted for the Pirate Party. :(

Edit; I really don't like the quote function on this board, glitchy as hell, or I'm just absolutely useless at using them.

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's there, I don't disagree with you on any point here, but it was a GREAT segway! Awesome flow.

You took my little jab about invasion of privacy with a camera and pointed this out, smooth as silk! ^^

Ah, sorry if I came off as excessively snarky. I wasn't familiar with the idiom "segway" and one definition I found online was "non sequitur". I tend to insert my big bro sales pitch at every possible chance so I'm used to people lashing out with sarcasm.

Anyway, there's also this bit:

[...]

Wich points out that the collected data about you might be sent out of the country to places that does'nt have as strict "information protection laws". Good stuffs.

Good catch, I actually missed that.

Edit; I really don't like the quote function on this board, glitchy as hell, or I'm just absolutely useless at using them.

I don't know if it's glitchy or if it's that way by design, but it's definitely not user-friendly. I have to go into BBCode mode to work with quotes 95% of the time.

Anyway, I've derailed the thread enough.

So... what I did. I "went" (as much as falling off the bed can be considered "going") to work. And will remain here until midnight. I can foresee a posting spree coming.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Ah, sorry if I came off as excessively snarky. I wasn't familiar with the idiom "segway" and one definition I found online was "non sequitur". I tend to insert my big bro sales pitch at every possible chance so I'm used to people lashing out with sarcasm.

No worries, I did'nt think so, it would've helped if I did'nt **** up the spelling of segue :p
Should'nt trust spelling one sees on the internet I guess.
I've stopped trying to warn people about big bro tactics from corps, noone I know cares because they've "got nothing to hide" >_<

I don't know if it's glitchy or if it's that way by design, but it's definitely not user-friendly. I have to go into BBCode mode to work with quotes 95% of the time.

Anyway, I've derailed the thread enough.

So... what I did. I "went" (as much as falling off the bed can be considered "going") to work. And will remain here until midnight. I can foresee a posting spree coming.

Work?

I've been trying to tidy up my place before I piss off to my mates place for a month, going to cover for him at work. Yay me, moneyz!

Ofcourse, this could also be translated as; For the next four to five weeks I'm going to play PnP RPG's for hours every day, then work for a couple of hours, then sleep. :dancing:

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Tonight I'll try to beat my personal best in strict standing shoulder presses.
The last two days were nothing but preparation for the lifting today. I took a four day lifting break to deload, I tried to eat and drink the right stuff and slept 2 extra hours each day. Now I'll do some stretching and very light back exercises to warm up. Then I'll do a 75% lift, a 90% lift and then hopefully a big lift of 100+kg with no arching, using legs or belts.

No pressure lol.

And If I cant do it I'll use my belt, that should do the trick. Thats semi-cheating but oh well....  

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Wrong thread, bad post on my part

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Flight back has been delayed by over an hour and it doesn't look like I'll make my connection. Worst part is all the slow people taking their sweet time walking around with no sense of purpose, I haven't thought nasty civilians about anyone since I was a boot but today it's making a strong comeback.

I take that back, the worst thing is this guy sitting behind me. He looks like a Trevor or Brevin, he put his bag under someone else's seat across the aisle. Who does that?

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Watched Canada beat Switzerland with such disappointment, oh well, hope Norway or England puts them to the sword.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Flight back has been delayed by over an hour and it doesn't look like I'll make my connection of . Worst part is all the slow people taking their sweet time walking around with no sense of purpose, I haven't thought nasty civilians about anyone since I was a boot but today it's making a strong comeback.

I take that back, the worst thing is this guy sitting behind me. He looks like a Trevor or Brevin, he put his bag under someone else's seat across the aisle. Who does that?

am suspecting that shady would frequent think terrible thoughts 'bout us. when we ain't specific working on something where time is o' the essence, we... glide.  in most circumstances, am preternatural patient and sedate.  that being said, we ain't one o' those clowns that give the middle finger to the world as they take their time doing nothing.  we will hussle across a street rather than making a guy wait while we saunter.  woman behind us at supermarket checkout got a gallon o' milk?  we let her go ahead o' us.  our lack o' haste does not rob us o' awareness o' our surroundings.  even so, am betting the fainéant impression we leave would set your teeth on edge.  

we don't look like a trevor... and the only brevin we know is the former point guard from stanford. we kinda look like esai morales.  well, if you stuck esai morales' head on bane from the dark knight rises.  so, more like a Grodd than a trevor.  we tend to scare folks as is, which is one reason why we smile frequent and glide.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Flight back has been delayed by over an hour and it doesn't look like I'll make my connection of . Worst part is all the slow people taking their sweet time walking around with no sense of purpose, I haven't thought nasty civilians about anyone since I was a boot but today it's making a strong comeback.

am suspecting that shady would frequent think terrible thoughts 'bout us. when we ain't specific working on something where time is o' the essence, we... glide.  in most circumstances, am preternatural patient and sedate.  that being said, we ain't one o' those clowns that give the middle finger to the world as they take their time doing nothing.  we will hussle across a street rather than making a guy wait while we saunter.  woman behind us at supermarket checkout got a gallon o' milk?  we let her go ahead o' us.  our lack o' haste does not rob us o' awareness o' our surroundings.  even so, am betting the fainéant impression we leave would set your teeth on edge.  

we don't look like a trevor... and the only brevin we know is the former point guard from stanford. we kinda look like esai morales.  well, if you stuck esai morales' head on bane from the dark knight rises.  so, more like a Grodd than a trevor.  we tend to scare folks as is, which is one reason why we smile frequent and glide.

HA! Good Fun!

What does it mean to, "Look like a trevor"?

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

HA! Good Fun!

What does it mean to, "Look like a trevor"?

preppy metrosexual?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, Gromnir got it. The guy reminded me of Carlton from Fresh Prince mixed with Bradley Cooper's character in Wedding Crashers.

Anyway, flight missed. I walked the entirety of the airport before settling on a Frenchish place to grab some food. Got about an hour and a half before my next flight.

Yeah, I saw that side by side combo but this one is a Frenchish on its own.

They keep saying it's the friendliest airport over the intercom like repetition will make it true but I'm pretty sure it's the (Sun) devil's butthole and not in a good way.

Or maybe I'm just snappy because I missed my flight.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Thanks! The world is marvelous, I think its everyones ''duty'' to find their own way to recognize and honor its beauty so it is not wasted.  

There are many ways, in my case its photography, and the great thing is it has made me see the world in a completely different way, my perception of the wonderful things around me has been greatly altered & improved.

If I was a psychiatrist I'd recommend photography as a very potent tool to heal the minds of the depressed, it makes you go out and actively seek things you like, you make pictures of those things you can later look at if you bored or not feeling well. And it adds a competitive effect, eventually you'll get hooked and want to improve your skills, make better photos, get better equipment, you want to compete with the pros.  I think photography is one of the most positive hobbies you can possibly have. 

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

3rd wedd'n anniversary

Went out to eat at the missus' favorite place

holy handgrenades-- your anniversary is the same as Gromnir's parents.  is a day that shall live in infamy... not for you... we hope.

congrats.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

3rd wedd'n anniversary

Went out to eat at the missus' favorite place

And? Details...what restaurant, what did you order...was the evening enjoyable? More  information please when we discuss significant events  :yes:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We went to Fruition again

They printed us special menus that said happy anniversary and greeted us at the door with sparkling wine (I took one sip and poured the rest into my wife's glass). I had pasta carbonara to start followed by their duck breast and my wife had lamb tartare and seared scallops. She had wine and I had beer, a bomber of something I don't remember the name of... Maybe Grimm Brothers something something and it was purty good.

• Like 2

We went to Fruition again

They printed us special menus that said happy anniversary and greeted us at the door with sparkling wine (I took one sip and poured the rest into my wife's glass). I had pasta carbonara to start followed by their duck breast and my wife had lamb tartare and seared scallops. She had wine and I had beer, a bomber of something I don't remember the name of... Maybe Grimm Brothers something something and it was purty good.

Wow that's  cool, the restaurant really put effort in for your anniversary. Did your wife know about the specific menus or was it a surprise ?

John Milton