What you did today

LadyCrimson

Somewhere recently I read that the only men who take habitual selfie photographs are psychopaths. 

I'm one of these people, and I'm quite a psychopath. However, I enjoy it so much because of my artistic imagination ( I interpret all pictures as art... ).

Here's some selfies of mine.

Bare in mind I don't love myself to the degree where I'm showing off, but as an example here's three pictures and the references.

Me referring to "L" from Death Note™

Me referring to Squall from FFVIII™

Me referring to Lucifer the Light Bringer from Christianity™

It takes me about 400 or so pictures to get a good one, my left face doesn't come out well on camera hence why all are from the right perspective - truly un-photogenic.

Also, been to the dentist, mouth is numb and had fillings. Have to return next week for the whitening !

Wasn't it general Mark W. Clark who had his staff prevent the press photographing his left side?

Of course, he was mental.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Somewhere recently I read that the only men who take habitual selfie photographs are psychopaths. 

I'm one of these people, and I'm quite a psychopath. However, I enjoy it so much because of my artistic imagination ( I interpret all pictures as art... ).

Here's some selfies of mine.

Bare in mind I don't love myself to the degree where I'm showing off, but as an example here's three pictures and the references.

Me referring to "L" from Death Note™

Me referring to Squall from FFVIII™

Me referring to Lucifer the Light Bringer from Christianity™

It takes me about 400 or so pictures to get a good one, my left face doesn't come out well on camera hence why all are from the right perspective - truly un-photogenic.

Also, been to the dentist, mouth is numb and had fillings. Have to return next week for the whitening !

Wasn't it general Mark W. Clark who had his staff prevent the press photographing his left side?

Of course, he was mental.

If it's too bad of a mugshot to record I see where his problem comes from.

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

Election day! Here's to hoping that this time it'll actually make a difference.

Also purple hair is wicked sick, but still went to the polls - "one vote can change the outcome!" she said valiantly. 

• Like 2

Fortune favors the bald.

Election day! Here's to hoping that this time it'll actually make a difference.

Also purple hair is wicked sick, but still went to the polls - "one vote can change the outcome!" she said valiantly. 

She is right, I wish her  positive attitude  around the responsibility of a persons vote was shared  with more people :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'd rather want to vote for a new puppet master, not a new puppet. 

So do you think the solution is just to not vote at all?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm only qualified to speak about the political situation in my country, seeing the masters in charge being always the same people who let their elected puppets change a few minor things once in a while to keep the oblivious masses at bay- its hopeless. I still vote but I know its all a lie. 

To really change things to the better human nature would have to change, and I don't see that happening anytime soon, and checking a box on a piece of paper with a few fancy names on them won't change it either. 

To know human nature is to know fatalism. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm only qualified to speak about the political situation in my country, seeing the masters in charge being always the same people who let their elected puppets change a few minor things once in a while to keep the oblivious masses at bay- its hopeless. I still vote but I know its all a lie. 

To really change things to the better human nature would have to change, and I don't see that happening anytime soon, and checking a box on a piece of paper with a few fancy names on them won't change it either. 

To know human nature is to know fatalism. 

Only if you believe in fatalism as a valid human condition, I  have books on WW1 where soldiers in the trenches were understandably fatalists. One of the most famous German soldiers Ruldolf Binding wrote a book called " A Fatalist at War " which describes his experiences during the war as a fatalist 

John Milton 

More so in your system than ours, so I will suppress the urge to think of her as being naive to say that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

She's not naive, we both know that it takes a lot more than voting to change anything and therefore also a lot more than 1 vote. But I think it's a healthy enough attitude, to want to make a change.

But lets see how it goes, a new book was just published here, an extensive study of power structure in Denmark by two ph.d students, who concluded that in actuality, around 420 people yield the factual power in the country. Half of those are from the private sector and less than 18% were related to politics.

Fortune favors the bald.

She's not naive, we both know that it takes a lot more than voting to change anything and therefore also a lot more than 1 vote. But I think it's a healthy enough attitude, to want to make a change.

But lets see how it goes, a new book was just published here, an extensive study of power structure in Denmark by two ph.d students, who concluded that in actuality, around 420 people yield the factual power in the country. Half of those are from the private sector and less than 18% were related to politics.

Of course. I guess it is a good attitude to have, for all that is worth.

Surfing wikipedia today rather than working, for now anyway. Reading about Whitman and the University of Texas shootings, right now. Tomorrow should be fun, there'll be a cyclist 'die in' as 3 of them have gotten waxed this week and cyclists here are the uppity sort. Should have a nice view of it from my office.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ugh.. As of now I'm officially not that proud of being Danish (not that I was particularly proud of random geography before mind you), but seeing one of the most hateful parties in European politics become the second biggest with over 1/5 of the votes.. I fear for the next 4 years for anyone with even a shade of dark to their skin. Dark day, ironically...

Fortune favors the bald.

Today's view from the 27th floor downtown, due west across the harbor. Left is the USS Midway museum; center foreground is where cruise ships park; the three gigantic vessels further out are moored at the Navy base on Coronado, North Island NAS, and way in the back is the Point Loma Peninsula veiled in marine layer. 

1896e114-e97c-497b-b5f6-ca2135fc354b_zps

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Getting worried with the political situation here in Greece.

Worst, most corrupt government since the military dictatorship.

And when you think it can't get worse and that the country is already down the drain, they try to jam it further.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Ugh.. As of now I'm officially not that proud of being Danish (not that I was particularly proud of random geography before mind you), but seeing one of the most hateful parties in European politics become the second biggest with over 1/5 of the votes.. I fear for the next 4 years for anyone with even a shade of dark to their skin. Dark day, ironically...

Details? What has you so frustrated, are you saying this hateful party has become the second biggest in Denmark?

John Milton 

Getting worried with the political situation here in Greece.

Worst, most corrupt government since the military dictatorship.

And when you think it can't get worse and that the country is already down the drain, they try to jam it further.

I can completely understand your concern, the differences now in how Greece is going to pay back the various loans seems to be ideological and not logical

There is a real risk that Greece may leave the EU....either on its own or being forced?

John Milton 

Not logical, yes. Ideological, no.

The current, self-styled leftwing government has no ideology other than a mix of grandstanding, corruption, nepotism and tons of incompetence. The populist far right coalition partner manages to get some of their ideology through, but that has nothing to do with the economy, just their mania to persecute minorities.

And I keep reading garbage from leftist foreign media that tries to show how the Greek govenrment is that noble underdog and I want to strangle the idiots. It is not the "I live in this country, you don't. so I know, you don't" thing. Plenty of people live here and don't (want to) know what they voted into power. I grew up in the party that mutated into this thing. My family knows most of the government on a personal, human level. It is a small country after all - buried skeletons aren't that well hidden...

And just because I think someone makes a good BBQ and is a great host, doesn't make them a good minister :/

Just as changing from one party to the other does not make a person less corrupt than they were in the previous party.

Governor of the central bank is now being sued for presenting an independent report to the government that did not reach the same conclusion as the government. Birthplace of democracy, yeah.

• Like 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm terrified for Greece to be honest, you guys are in for a pretty grueling run.. Seems hate and fearmongering are still a very real and annoying threat to democracy here 2000 years later.

In fact for all of the western world, there are eerily parallels to the crisis of the Roman republic that would lead to the formation of the Empire. Creeping institutionalized racism, expansion of citizenship to said immigrants that caused massive internal problems as populist politicians inflamed the local crowds against them and a strong move towards oligarchical power that caused the disenfranchised to go for corrupt demagogues who promised them a pittance of influence.

Edit:

Details? What has you so frustrated, are you saying this hateful party has become the second biggest in Denmark?

Yeah a party which has public announced that it wants:

to force immigrants to stare at naked breats

to ban sattelit tv in ghettos

to exile an entire family if one member commits a crime (even if it's 3 generations since they moved here)

to ban the colour green, since its associated with Islam

every citizen in a DNA register.

to send Syrian refugees to Kenya

all religious holidays to conform to school holidays (which incidentally means every religion here should conform to christian holidays)

to publically fund healers at hospitals (yep that new age bull****)

20% of public foods (schools, hospitals etc etc) should by law incluce pork - so muslims can feel extra exluced, for giggles and lulz I guess.

to be able to use "Nødret" or a kind of marshal law - bypassing our constitution and parliamentary law - when they have to "deal with muslims".

to put a tax on all written english words - to save Danish.

to force immigrants to speak Danish in their homes, by law.

to force radios to play at least 50% Danish music.

to enforce a "minimal sentence" so no matter the context, criminals always get punished.

to reintroduce coporal punishment (it's been illegal to beat your kids since 1964)

homosexuals should be classified as "unnatural" and "handicapped". When sex marriage was written in to the law their speaker on families said "what's next, should it be legal to marry dogs?"

The list goes on and on and on with one more ridiculous proposal after the other.. and it pains me so much that such an biogted party is even allowed to exist, let alone be the second biggest.. ****ing disgrace..

But then again, I'm just being a sore loser :) so take it with a grain of salt.

Fortune favors the bald.