What you did today

LadyCrimson

lord I just got home from the store ... now I have to go back and see if they have watermelon kool-aid brb

Thats fine ...you are already an unapologetic  shining example  of Western culture .....and you can't deny it.. We both know you like Hamburgers  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

okay ... didn't see any watermelons or kool-aid because, distraction, how can this come in one bottle. Got some onion tater-tots to try it out. 

14oz_Sriracha_Small_zpsi7yxlhwc.jpg

Dude well played, I collect and use hot sauces. I have about 15 different ones across my fridge and pantry

I would have bought this as well  :yes:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Visited my mom today. Ate the last piece of her cheese cake without her permission. Now she wants me to buy her a whole new cheese cake from the store (which of course I will buy for her). I have no regrets; I REALLY wanted that piece of cheese cake.

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 1

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Visited my mom today. Ate the last piece of her cheese cake without her permission. Now she wants me to buy her a whole new cheese cake from the store (which of course I will buy for her). I have no regrets; I REALLY wanted that piece of cheese cake.

Geez Namutree depriving your mom of her cheese cake ......that's cold man, you Americans are cold  :blink:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Preparing everything for the race in three hours.

French tricolor flying from my window: check (My ignorant neighbors probably think I'm a French colony now. But who cares)
Paid Eurosport Live Stream up and running: check
Nissan onboard Live Stream: check
WEC leaderboard Live Stream: check
Cold beer: check

Lots of rest so I can stay up for 24 hours without rest: check
LMP-1 race car model in my hands: check
Cozy chair with extra pillows: check

Backup TV up and running in case my computer bursts into flames: check

Now I just need to shower so I can enjoy the race sparkling clean and with 110% comfort level.  :wowey:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

okay ... didn't see any watermelons or kool-aid because, distraction, how can this come in one bottle. Got some onion tater-tots to try it out. 

on the off-chance you is genuine interested, in the sacramento area, the only major store that reliably carries watermelon kool-aid is walmart.  no safeway. no bel-air/raleys. no savemart. no anybody other than walmart.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

on the off-chance you is genuine interested, in the sacramento area, the only major store that reliably carries watermelon kool-aid is walmart.  no safeway. no bel-air/raleys. no savemart. no anybody other than walmart.

HA! Good Fun!

I am genuine interested. I swore off walmart until two days ago when an active shooter turned up at Target in Oceanside, Bonnie and Clyde cowardly-shoplifter style. They were later arrested in Orange County for violent carjacking. Nowhere is safe, either soul-crushing humanity at walmart, or risk of perforation at Target. The only tragedy would be if I died without tasting that watermelon flavor.  

All Stop. On Screen.

warning: if you do not like the taste of jolly rancher watermelon flavoured hard candy, you might as well skip the kool-aid, 'cause the kool-aid tastes pretty much like liquid jolly rancher watermelon candy. 

aside: what is that with accepted candy flavours not tasting anything like the the fruit they is named for?  grape? green apple? watermelon?  ain't never tasted a grape candy or gum that had even the most remote similarity to any real grape we had ever tasted.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I went back to the store today and decided to look and see if the local Safeway carried the same

Lo and behold

qKcBJrA.jpg

Also saw this and reminded me of my family in Northern California because the say hella-everything. Hela Spicy Sauce

rUO2nMk.jpg

It's funny to me

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

True story. I was living on my own for the first time away from family. A wide-eyed youth, going to college...and in possession of four wheels while living in Bicycletown USA - Davis, CA. So naturally, I was volunteered to go with friends to pick up some party household supplies. There was apparently this place in West Sacramento where everything could be had from plastic cups, to pingpong balls, and plastic tablecloths, and booze Kool-Aid.

I was doubtful. My family had a Costco membership. There were multiple Targets. Hell, my parents lived within walking distance of K-Mart. Never prepared me for what I was about to experience for the first time.

Mind blown. A Wal-Mart Supercenter.

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

John Milton 

Busy day of errands. Had to endure a friend talking in huge detail about his wedding proposal and the restaurant skimped on the chana in my doubles but otherwise a good day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Broke a crown off of my back left molar.

Got the dentist tomorrow to have my teeth whitened and a few fillings.

Happened to me a couple of times, one time I almost chocked on a piece. 

Today I bought a lifting belt. I won't get lazy and rely on it all the times, in fact I'm planning to only use it after having finished a couple of one-rep max weight overhead presses or dead lifts and my core starts to tire before having finished the lifting session.  And maaaaaaybe I'll use it to wring out another couple of kilograms when doing the big lifts.  :-

Authentic-RDX-Leather-Weight-Lifting-4-B

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

At a rally, which was cool, but I was amazed how much crowds have changed in the last 5 years. Some people were spending the entire time taking pictures of themselves constantly and I mean constantly.. And this was not 16 year olds, it was 30 and 40 year olds, all of them women.

I literally started laughing out loud when two of them got up on their chairs in the middle of a speech to take photos of themselves and immediately after, one of them asked the guy next to her (she came alone so this was a stranger) if he'd walk up close to the podium and take a picture of her.. How self absorbed can you get? I was however relieved to see him just stare at her in disbelief and promptly ignore her for the rest of the evening.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm on leave today because tomorrow is a public holiday in South Africa , its Youth Day, so I am  taking a long weekend  :dancing:

John Milton 

Somewhere recently I read that the only men who take habitual selfie photographs are psychopaths. 

I worked a sting in psychiatry (rehab) and I noticed that people with clinical depression seemed to take a lot of pictures of themselves too. Although that seemed to be more of a 'affirmation of self'. But yeah, its certainly seems very closely tied to the perception of self worth, both the extremely exaggerated and the not so much.

Fortune favors the bald.

Somewhere recently I read that the only men who take habitual selfie photographs are psychopaths. 

I'm one of these people, and I'm quite a psychopath. However, I enjoy it so much because of my artistic imagination ( I interpret all pictures as art... ).

Here's some selfies of mine.

Bare in mind I don't love myself to the degree where I'm showing off, but as an example here's three pictures and the references.

D9AOyUL.jpg

Me referring to "L" from Death Note™

CEyfPip.jpg

Me referring to Squall from FFVIII™

y1zvDHb.jpg

Me referring to Lucifer the Light Bringer from Christianity™

It takes me about 400 or so pictures to get a good one, my left face doesn't come out well on camera hence why all are from the right perspective - truly un-photogenic.

Also, been to the dentist, mouth is numb and had fillings. Have to return next week for the whitening !

Edited by s13ep

King of Kings

Lord of Lords