What you did today

LadyCrimson

@Woldan: What were the rare parts to find? The little stuff like side mirrors, windshield wiper, etc...?

Getting those 1x2x2/3 and 2x2x2/3 bows in the right color was a challenge. I used a lot of these in the underbody diffuser wind tunnels, also white ones on the sidepods of the car and red ones on top of the swan neck rear wing assembly plus top of the rear fenders. Also the 1x10 bows in white used in the rear bodywork and the steering wheel were hard to find too.

6029946.jpg  6035405.jpg x279.jpg

I have lots of those little joysticks he used for the wiper and the little pieces that make up the side mirrors in my old lego collection from when I was a kid, I don't have any of those curved blocks though.

Yeah, LEGO has made a lot of new round and studless parts of all kinds of shapes and angles so it has become much easier to build less blocky models with smooth shapes and angles. Thats what I always wished for when I was a kid.  :w00t:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Free day, grilled some beef and i'm getting saucered with Scotch...realize that the "What you did Today" thread is getting a little low. Not a lot happening?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The weather has been crazy here but is finally starting to stabilize but for a couple weeks we would hit all the season every single day. Back in school for the summer semester which for us is really short so it's keeping me busy but maybe too busy since my workload has picked up also. It always seems to be feast or famine.  

My wife is in LA for a few days on a buying trip so I'm home alone with the dogs

I got a random call from my dad yesterday and he told me that my grandpa was having issues with his lungs and he seemed really stressed out. I called him (my grandpa) up to see how he was doing and it turns out that he has lung cancer (which is what my maternal grandfather died of). He says they caught it early and his chances are probably good and overall he doesn't seem fazed by it very much but he's always been stoic like that. Honestly, it seems like he was more worried that my two half brothers don't seem to have any ambition and aren't doing anything with their lives. I think he just wants to see them successful or at least on the right path before he passes

Free games updated 3/4/21

Today I bought a French Tricolor, a 150x100cm flag. I'm going to put it on a pole in my garden this weekend to celebrate the 24 hour Race in Le Mans. This is my symbolic way of paying respect to the French people for building such a fantastic racetrack which features the biggest motor sport event in the world each year - for 83 years now. 

• Like 1

In the first step to realizing my dreams of world domination via quad-drone swarms, over the weekend I went to a hobby store right down the street from my house to shop around. I want the first one I buy to be crap because Im sure that Im going to spectacularly fly it into my driveway pavement as soon as I take it out of the box. The store has a pretty good selection but the prices were around 2x the cost for the same drones on Amazon. Fortunately, they have a flight simulator set up where you can "try them out", and as predicted, I flew them spectacularly into the ground. :biggrin:  I think I will just start out with a $50-100 drone until I get the hang of it.

I flew them spectacularly into the ground. :biggrin:

Just write it off as kamikaze drone experience.   :biggrin:

it's as if you have never been on a crpg message board.  clearly the problems gifted1 had is caused by an unintuitive ui-- obvious developer fail.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am gonna ignore the larger philosophical question regarding whether a drone may suicide.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The world is safe for one more day

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wish! The "controller" for the sim was an actual RC controller connected to a PC so all I had to worry about was up/down, left/right. Still left smoking craters everywhere. :lol:

had similar issues with a rc boat.  no craters 'course.  no up and down neither.  should be obvious that Gromnir's right and left is not necessarily the boat's left and right, but when the thing is zipping along at silly speeds... no excuse.  even so, one may always blame developer and claim a ui fail... at least with gaming software.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I flew them spectacularly into the ground. :biggrin:

Just write it off as kamikaze drone experience.   :biggrin:

it's as if you have never been on a crpg message board.  clearly the problems gifted1 had is caused by an unintuitive ui-- obvious developer fail.

HA! Good Fun!

ps am gonna ignore the larger philosophical question regarding whether a drone may suicide.

if properly implemented it sure isn't coming back for a repeat sortie   :biggrin:

Anyway meet the Switchblade ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRjYkEU-N4 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2015/04/17/marines-launched-a-kamikaze-drone-from-an-osprey-aircraft/

Edited by kgambit

My little dog got out yesterday. :/

I let her out with the golden retriever like I always do when I come home. And then I let them in to eat, only she didn't come back in.

She'd kind of done this before and never went far, so I just knew she'd be out front and run right in when I opened the door. I knew wrong. She wasn't out front. This is when panic starts to set in. I rush back out to the back yelling her name. And that's when I hear a little yip of pain from behind the house. I climb up the fence and look around, but I see nothing.

I rush back to the front, get in my car, and start driving to the street behind the house. But at the end of my street I see a little dark object in the road. I'm thinking "no, it's can't be. It can not be." It wasn't, just some stupid shoes in the middle of the freaking road.

I don't find her behind the house, I don't find her on the street in front of the house, I don't find her on the next street, or the next. I go back home and grab the Golden Retriever, maybe he can sniff her out, and we start walking. He takes me to the left, he's not pulling or moving fast, he's checking every single yard out. But before we get halfway down the street, a little girl asks if I'm looking for a little dog.

Stupid Bailey had gone into someone else's backyard through a hole in their fence. I can only imagine she was chasing a cat.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Today I sold one of my rifles so I can afford a 35mm f/1.4 manual focus lens, in other words a lens which allows me to do astrophotography, pics of the milky way etc.  Costs only 580 bucks.  :wowey:  And thats cheap, if I could go full pro I'd need in excess of 1500 bucks. 

Why are all my hobbies so bloody expensive? 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I did some massive re-organizing in our garage to clear up space for our spring loaded flooring and gymnastics equipment.  Kind of a rough way to spend the first day of summer break, but we are having a birthday for our little guy tomorrow and it's a good play space.  My fitbit registered it all as active time, so that's cool.  Now I'm hydrating and then I've got an 11 PM hockey game.

I made Kool-Aid for the first time in at least 12 years

It's weird to be old enough to say stuff like that now

Shady !!! You are a regular  gastronomic adventurer ...rule 12 of the Gastronomic Rule book clearly states " you forbidden to drink Kool-Aid " ..

I did some massive re-organizing in our garage to clear up space for our spring loaded flooring and gymnastics equipment.  Kind of a rough way to spend the first day of summer break, but we are having a birthday for our little guy tomorrow and it's a good play space.  My fitbit registered it all as active time, so that's cool.  Now I'm hydrating and then I've got an 11 PM hockey game.

]

What is the theme for your sons birthday...I imagine he is going to have a great time because you guys are good parents  :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's weird to be old enough to say stuff like that now

believe it or not, our beverage o' choice is lemon-lime kool-aid, though am also a fan o' the less common available watermelon flavor.  went through a short-lived peach-mango phase 'bout a year ago. typical we buy +20 packets o' the stuff at a time along with the generic brands o' splenda.  have been habitual drinking the kool-aid since the mid-nineties.  

HA! Good Fun!

ps am pretty sure we got started drinking it during law school years as we were so freaking poor that it were the only beverage other than water that we could afford... and berkeley tap water is/was foul.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

It's w :wowey:  :wowey: eird to be old enough to say stuff like that now

believe it or not, our beverage o' choice is lemon-lime kool-aid, though am also a fan o' the less common available watermelon flavor.  went through a short-lived peach-mango phase 'bout a year ago. typical we buy +20 packets o' the stuff at a time along with the generic brands o' splenda.  have been habitual drinking the stuff since the mid-nineties.  

HA! Good Fun!

That does surprise me Gromnir, someone of your intelligence and insight being fool into drinking a Western produced unhealthy drink that is just designed to weaken the aspirations and objectives of minority groups like Native Americans into thinking that Western culture is cool and needs to be emulated....resist Gromnir..refuse the Kool-Aid  :wowey:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela