What you did today

LadyCrimson

Sli my rinking han, th tip of th mil fingr. an't hol a glass proprly, or at ths habanro bbq almons, an forgt typing ... it's amazing how many lttrs th mil fingr on your lft han is rsponsibl for typing, mostly , , an . Guss it's only thr ... not that amazing. It's not a trribl woun, just n a banai, no stihs. 

:lol:

Funniest post of the week and an indubitable winner of the much coveted "  BruceVC funniest post of the week "  award :dancing:  :dancing:  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So I'm wondering if I made the right decision with this Hertz job. On one hand it's decent pay (about 11 an hour plus 1k in commissions per month in theory) but it seems like the job runs through people like crazy. On top of that I had a second offer to do 11 at a dispatch position for a charter bus company, with that increasing to 12 if I got my CDL (Commercial drivers license for the uninformed). Problem was the dispatch job was part time at about 30 hours.

I'm gonna stick with the Hertz job, because if nothing else it'll at least make my resume look better that I didn't get fired from my previous one, but I can only pray it's a decent 40 hour a week job instead of pushing for that extra day.

Yeah sometimes consistency in a job is important on a CV, so I would stick out the Hertz job for at least a year

It shows people you can maintain at something without getting bored (or another possibly worse reason like incompetance ) and resigning

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So I'm wondering if I made the right decision with this Hertz job. On one hand it's decent pay (about 11 an hour plus 1k in commissions per month in theory) but it seems like the job runs through people like crazy. On top of that I had a second offer to do 11 at a dispatch position for a charter bus company, with that increasing to 12 if I got my CDL (Commercial drivers license for the uninformed). Problem was the dispatch job was part time at about 30 hours.

I'm gonna stick with the Hertz job, because if nothing else it'll at least make my resume look better that I didn't get fired from my previous one, but I can only pray it's a decent 40 hour a week job instead of pushing for that extra day.

I have to say, you're like my American blue collar idol, man. You get knocked back, you just pile back in. I'm not sure I'd have your grit, if I'm honest.

You keep working hard, I hope you get rewarded.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Going to a festival. Looking forward to alcohol-fueled arm wrestling duels, bar fights, breaking stuff and taking pictures of alcohol zombies. In other words all the fun thats left for the average grown up.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Watching Women's World Cup. Such awful passing

Hah Canada won by a penalty. ****.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have to say, you're like my American blue collar idol, man. You get knocked back, you just pile back in. I'm not sure I'd have your grit, if I'm honest.

You keep working hard, I hope you get rewarded.

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I went for a rather abbreviated bike ride this morning.  I got about a mile and a half from my house then caught a flat, the second one in about a month's time.  Oh well, I guess that evens things out for my previous lucky streak of going 2 years without catching a flat.  Anyway, no big deal as I'm always prepared.  I changed the tube, got my pump and started trying to inflate the new tube, except the pump's not working...  Uh oh.  I fiddled with the pump for a few minutes and it magically started working again.  I don't know what I did to fix it nor do I know why it didn't work in the first place, but I was able to inflate my new tube.  At that point, after putting the wheel back on and putting all my tools away, I headed straight back home.  I did have another spare tube with me, but that spare does me no good if I can't inflate it and I'm not going to chance getting stuck with a flat and a malfunctioning pump 5 or 10 miles from home.  I'll stop at the bike store on my way home Monday or Tuesday and drop 10 or 15 bucks on a new pump.  No bike riding until then.

In other news, I'm starting to plan out my trip to North Carolina for next month.  I originally thought about taking a train, as I haven't been on a train in probably about 20 years and I thought it would be cool to do that, but holy **** Amtrak is expensive.  Instead, I'll take a Greyhound or Peter Pan bus, whichever is cheaper.  I'm going to probably take a Thursday, Friday, and Monday off from work, giving me a 5 day weekend, as well as a couple abbreviated work weeks (bonus!),  I'll take a bus down to Charlotte, rent a car and a motel, then spend probably 4 days there checking out the area, maybe catching a minor league baseball game or a wrestling show, or a race, or something.  I want to go around mid-July because I purposely want to go during the hottest time of the year, so that I can experience for myself how hot it is.  I'm determined to make the upcoming winter my last Connecticut winter (my lease runs through March, so I have to suffer through another CT winter unless I want to break my lease) and North Carolina is one of the places at the top of my list to move to.  I'm tired of freezing my ass of during the winter, plus Connecticut is just a crappy place to live in unless you have more money than you know what to do with, as the taxes here are ridiculous.  I'm looking to move to an area with a short, mild winter (as opposed to somewhere like Florida, where winter doesn't exist) and North Carolina seems to fit the bill.  I'm thinking about the middle of the state, that way it will be a couple hour drive to the coast and a couple hour drive to the Smoky Mountains, plus any hurricane that comes up the coast should be rather weakened by the time it gets that far inland and I would be far enough away from the mountains to not get the cold air and snow coming off them during winter.  Then there's the matter of finding work and a place to live, so I need to keep the belt tight for the rest of the year to build up as much of a cushion in my bank account as I can, so that I have something to live off of if I can't get a stable and good paying job right away and have to scrape by on whatever **** job I can find.  The destination is, of course, very much subject to change, and moving hundreds of miles away from all my family to an unfamiliar location is scary, but I'm determined to do it.  I'm so ****ing sick of Connecticut, I've lived here for far too long.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Weird, I've been riding bikes since I was a little kid (it's pretty much my main mode of transportation, I hate cars) and I've never had a flat. I did once have a frustrating tiny leak that would slowly deflate my tire every night and I'd have to pump it back up every morning.

Weird, I've been riding bikes since I was a little kid (it's pretty much my main mode of transportation, I hate cars) and I've never had a flat. I did once have a frustrating tiny leak that would slowly deflate my tire every night and I'd have to pump it back up every morning.

You are super duper lucky, or the Dutch clean their roads a heck of a lot better than Americans (likely a bit of both).  As for slow leaks, I've gotten those too, though I haven't gotten one in probably 4 or 5 years.  It's worth it just to change the tube at that point, rather than have to reinflate it periodically (plus it's pretty much guaranteed to eventually get worse).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You are super duper lucky, or the Dutch clean their roads a heck of a lot better than Americans (likely a bit of both).  As for slow leaks, I've gotten those too, though I haven't gotten one in probably 4 or 5 years.  It's worth it just to change the tube at that point, rather than have to reinflate it periodically (plus it's pretty much guaranteed to eventually get worse).

Being Dutch, I can say that TrueNeutral has just been lucky, or he lives in a very nice part of the Netherlands. Over here, youngsters like to throw their beerbottles to shatters on the bike lanes. I always swerve past the debris if I spot it fast enough, but if not I can only pray none get to my tires.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Coming from a country that has one of the highest alcohol consumption rates in the world and living in an area of said country where peoples reputation of beer consumption is legendary even among the other Austrians nothing can scare me anymore. Yesterday I was at a big local festival and the amount of beer consumed there was simply insane. A few friends drank 2 liters of beer per hour the whole night long till they eventually passed out like all the other visitors.  :blink:  :blink:

And I did my part! 

I made sun tea. That was about it really. Kind of a lazy day.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

summer finally arrived in the sacramento valley, so we spent the day obstinately refusing to turn on our AC.  we win?

is actual not that hot with a high temp in the mid nineties and negligible humidity, but the area temps has been unseasonably mild thus far in 2015 and Gromnir has seemingly become a bit o' a wimp such that ~94 degrees is too much for our delicate constitution.   tomorrow is 'posed to reach 103.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hottest day this year so far, 32 Celsius and perfect weather. Went cycling for a couple of hours, made a stop to take a bath in a cool river in the middle of a forest, back home I watched a thunderstorm and then I took a couple of photos from a stunning sunset.  Summer rocks. 

• Like 2

I haven't had a drink in a week.

Today went for a long walk in this humid and hot weather. Pretty tired from that, so watched some netflix and tried to register for classes. Was some issue, so going to have to make some calls tomorrow.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm all done booking my trip to Charlotte, North Carolina.  I'm leaving from Hartford on Thursday July 16th, arriving in Charlotte on Friday in the morning, then I'm leaving Charlotte Sunday Night and arriving back in Hartford on Monday early afternoon.  The trip is smack dab in the middle of July, so there's a good chance of near peak temperatures (obviously, there's always a chance I happen to catch an unusually cold weather pattern).  The trip has set me back about $430 so far for round trip bus tickets, motel, and rent-a-car.  My planned budget for the trip is $800, so I should easily come in under that, as I can't imagine myself spending above $370 for gas, food, tickets to attractions, etc...  unless I get hookers. 2l9hy6d.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Today I received the last shipment of the missing super rare parts for my LEGO race car model. 1500 parts ordered by hand from dozens of sources and now its finally finished, woot! [/nerd]

LMP_finale5kl_zpsltc9fext.jpg

LMP_finale4kl_zpshdz0g4nq.jpg

LMP_finale6kl_zpsw5g9bi21.jpg

• Like 5

I'm not vain, I don't do social media, if anything my best feature is berating myself internally, repeatedly, but occasionally it's nice to take a break and check the forum profile view counter three times a day every so often and take a hit of daily affirmation--but the darn thing is stuck, frozen since the end of May. Not sure how to otherwise verify existence. I guess I could be Sixth Sense right now, but the aches and strains from work say otherwise.

Also, Kacy Catanzaro on Ninja Warrior tonight, pumped.  

All Stop. On Screen.