What you did today

LadyCrimson

If only we had views like that!

We're in June and it's poring down rain. It hasn't rain this much over here since 1808 or something like that. It almost feels like living in England!

But ...but...you guys have Cloudberrys and Fudge Cheese, that  has got to count for something?

To say nothing of a never ending supply of beautiful blonde women!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I love cheese but cheese doesn't love me back

Is the histamine or milk sugar giving you problems? I can't eat cheese either, my body is incompatible with the former.  :getlost:

What I did: working even harder on my military shoulder presses, I thought I was decent until I saw somebody doing a one rep max of 130 whooping kilograms with goddamn strict form. 30 more than I can press. Now I'm gravely unhappy with myself.  

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Congrats!  Gainful employment is always a plus (unless you're filthy rich, in which case its a clear minus).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's awesome, congratulations!

Today I wallowed in self pity and read about cancer for about ten hours. I have an exam tomorrow and I have more or less resigned myself to the fact that at this point, it's out of my hands. If I don't know it by now, I'm ****ed, so I'm in bed watching TV and internetting.

As a subject, pathology really ****s with your head. I caught myself thinking "well, 60% five year survival rate isn't THAT bad" and then realised that no, actually, it's a ****ing dreadful prognosis. Don't get cancer, guys. And especially don't smoke. That **** gives you basically every cancer. Even bladder cancer! How does that even work? I don't know!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius

Got a job at Hertz car rentals as a counter agent.

Hopefully you have frequent business.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Got a job at Hertz car rentals as a counter agent.

Hopefully you have frequent business.

It's one of the airport desks, it's slower so it should give me a decent amount of training for if/when I move to a higher volume location.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hope this leads to bigger and better things Calax. It seems to me you are overqualified for that kind of work. But something beats nothing every day of the week.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I hope this leads to bigger and better things Calax. It seems to me you are overqualified for that kind of work. But something beats nothing every day of the week.

Ideally I'd do well enough that I could easily get into a management slot for the company.

It's one of the airport desks, it's slower so it should give me a decent amount of training for if/when I move to a higher volume location.

Was actually a terrible joke there :) But congrats!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congrats Calax. I finally saw Ted the other day so now I'm going to imagine you are Marky Mark and your best friend is a talking teddy bear

On the home front we had several locks cuts on the storage units in our garage and mine was one of them. I don't have anything of value in mine so I haven't bothered to go through it but I did find a pair of ski boots someone stashed under my car. Also, water heater on the fritz again but this time the cause is fairly evident and I have someone to come fix it in the morning. Summer semester is also underway now and I had one class start last week and my other four start next week so goodbye to all my free time for a while 

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

My boss called me in and asked me if i am interested in staying. Last week she told me that I was free to search for a new job. I told her that I have some job offers to think about and I couldn't give her an answer until next week. I kept the conversation very brief and left her office.

I've been working double hours for the past week now. I'd like to think that me helping out like this is the reason for her calling me to her office, but it has nothing to do with that.

I do have to say that the offer she gave me was tempting, but I am in no hurry to accept her offer.

Watching an NBA game since the last time MJ defeated the Jazz. Does Payton still play for the Sonics, or, probably not.

edit: good game, will watch again. Little guys, Curry in a hurry.  

Edited by ManifestedISO
  • Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Getting my truck back tomorrow. Thank God! I hate rental cars.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Starting to remember why I dropped out. Just got a message from a professor that he doesn't have time to even TALK to me until September. At least I've got other options than talking to this guy.

There is just something disgusting about the arrogance of academia isn't there?

Thomas Sowell

Gearing up to watch the Women's World Cup, hopefully Canada gets crushed.

Sli my rinking han, th tip of th mil fingr. an't hol a glass proprly, or at ths habanro bbq almons, an forgt typing ... it's amazing how many lttrs th mil fingr on your lft han is rsponsibl for typing, mostly , , an . Guss it's only thr ... not that amazing. It's not a trribl woun, just n a banai, no stihs. 

• Like 9

All Stop. On Screen.

Sli my rinking han, th tip of th mil fingr. an't hol a glass proprly, or at ths habanro bbq almons, an forgt typing ... it's amazing how many lttrs th mil fingr on your lft han is rsponsibl for typing, mostly , , an . Guss it's only thr ... not that amazing. It's not a trribl woun, just n a banai, no stihs. 

:lol:

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I haven't done it yet, but I am looking forward to the Champion's League final. I kind of want Juventus to win, but at the same time, I want to see Leo do amazing things with the ball. As long as we get a great game, I will be happy.

So I'm wondering if I made the right decision with this Hertz job. On one hand it's decent pay (about 11 an hour plus 1k in commissions per month in theory) but it seems like the job runs through people like crazy. On top of that I had a second offer to do 11 at a dispatch position for a charter bus company, with that increasing to 12 if I got my CDL (Commercial drivers license for the uninformed). Problem was the dispatch job was part time at about 30 hours.

I'm gonna stick with the Hertz job, because if nothing else it'll at least make my resume look better that I didn't get fired from my previous one, but I can only pray it's a decent 40 hour a week job instead of pushing for that extra day.

• Like 2

So I'm wondering if I made the right decision with this Hertz job. On one hand it's decent pay (about 11 an hour plus 1k in commissions per month in theory) but it seems like the job runs through people like crazy. On top of that I had a second offer to do 11 at a dispatch position for a charter bus company, with that increasing to 12 if I got my CDL (Commercial drivers license for the uninformed). Problem was the dispatch job was part time at about 30 hours.

I'm gonna stick with the Hertz job, because if nothing else it'll at least make my resume look better that I didn't get fired from my previous one, but I can only pray it's a decent 40 hour a week job instead of pushing for that extra day.

You could also look for jobs while working there. It shouldn't be a problem, right? Work there, but if something better pops up, apply for that position instead. Having a blank resume was a big pita for years for me.