What you did today

LadyCrimson

I'm never going to have a job again.

What, is that like a New Year's Resolution?

Nope, just me being unable to find another one since I got fired. I'm at the point where I have to either get something NOW or figure out how the hell to move back home with my parents to find something in California.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm never going to have a job again.

What, is that like a New Year's Resolution?

Nope, just me being unable to find another one since I got fired. I'm at the point where I have to either get something NOW or figure out how the hell to move back home with my parents to find something in California.

Watch Fight Club.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Came home Friday to find the router was dead. Had power outage that morning, so that's the likely culprit. Finally getting a new one tomorrow.

In other news, I spent three hours yesterday taking a plotter apart for work to replace the trailing cable. Clearly had no idea what I was doing but got it in the end.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Had three interviewees this morning, two were totally unsuitable academically and the third had perfect credentials and a fine resume but upon meeting the young lady she stank of weed. Seemed extremely upset that I even pointed this out and ended the interview with her, but what would anyone expect? Her excuse that she suffered from nerves was hardly a logical defence, was she expecting to smoke in the office when deadlines threatened and stress abounds?

Full day of appointments tomorrow, hopefully i'll find somebody suitable and professional.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Today I dreamed about some future war. I was a little older, maybe in my mid thirties, my head was shaven, my eyes dark and sunken with an apathetic expression.   

I remember gearing up super quickly, stuff was literally flying, I especially remember the way I put the magazines into the pouches of my vest, with the cartridges facing to my right side so when the magazine is pulled out with the left hand you don't have to rotate it before reloading. I felt the weight of the gear on my shoulders and the rifle in my hands. The whole process seemed like I did it a thousand times before. 

The mix of feelings mainly consisting of dread, urgency, fatalism and knowing that things would get seriously ugly really soon was overwhelming and extremely uncomfortable.

I just hope I'll never see a war in my lifetime. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Is it just me or are things returning to normal around the boards these days? It seems a lot of the flotsam & jetsam that came in with PoE is drifting back out.

Is more boring, where the hell is oby ? :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Is weed legal in the UK?

You know i'm no longer sure, the law has been changed so many times that i'm uncertain. Personally i've nothing against it, but a time and a place and so on.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Got into a fender bender this morning. Got rear ended at a stop sign. No one hurt but it definitely screwed up my day. Fortunately the other driver has insurance this time. Not too bad though but the truck will need a new bumper & tailgate. He got it worse, my trailer hitch was stuck in his radiator.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, someone who shows up baked for an interview doesn't strike me as the most professional of sorts.

Unless it's an audition for a reggae band. And Nonek doesn't strike me as the bandleader for a reggae band.

Sorry Nonek. It's just not you.

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Tried something new today, handstand shoulder presses. You basically do a handstand and then you lower yourself until your head gently touches the floor and then you shoulder press yourself up into starting position. I totally suck in doing handstands, but I could easily press my 100kg / 220lbs and it felt great. Too bad I need help not to tip over.  :getlost:

• Like 1

Haven't been around much lately. Not that much has happened or anything. Playing less games for a period was good. Lost 10kg and gained some muscle. Nothing spectacular, but it'll do.

I was called in to a meeting with my boss and she told me "You're free to search for a new job". I stood up and walked out of her office.

Tried something new today, handstand shoulder presses. You basically do a handstand and then you lower yourself until your head gently touches the floor and then you shoulder press yourself up into starting position. I totally suck in doing handstands, but I could easily press my 100kg / 220lbs and it felt great. Too bad I need help not to tip over.  :getlost:

Could you do this solo if balancing against a wall?

Tea for the teapot!

Could you do this solo if balancing against a wall?

Yes, I just need help not to tip over when getting into position. I tried them in reverse, with the belly facing the wall (getting on my hands and then walking up the wall which is easy) but I'm getting a strangely arched back that way, not sure what I'm doing wrong, or maybe my core was already exhausted from the military presses I did before. I definitely need more practice.

The strength part is easy though, it feels easier then pressing the same weight with a barbell and pressing your own body weight that easy is very gratifying. 8 repetitions no problem, might make a good finisher after shoulder exercise day.

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I was called in to a meeting with my boss and she told me "You're free to search for a new job". I stood up and walked out of her office.

First TN, then Calax, now you ... what is going on, oh god I'm next, aren't I ... oh no, anxiety, hnngh

The view today from the roof, a roof, not my roof. The house beneath this roof goes on the market soon, five million clams.

IMG_0356aaa_zps0crutsww.jpg

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

That's an awesome view

Not much doing got done today. The missus and I had our interviews for the Global Entry program because we like getting finger printed and photographed but hate standing in lines and it comes with TSA Pre-Check too so even less waiting domestically as well. Other than that I had fried chicken for the first time in recent memory. It goes against my current diet but you can only be so sexy and since I'm nowhere near that, **** it.

Almost forgot, finally got my shipping confirmation for my Project Eternity stuff. Can't wait for that shirt.

That's all I got

Edit- Second viewing of the email confirmation says it's just the game discs and not the glorious swag

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

First TN, then Calax, now you ... what is going on, oh god I'm next, aren't I ... oh no, anxiety, hnngh

The view today from the roof, a roof, not my roof. The house beneath this roof goes on the market soon, five million clams.

IMG_0356aaa_zps0crutsww.jpg

Yeah that is a nice view and its close to the beach so that's a double bonus

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If only we had views like that!

We're in June and it's poring down rain. It hasn't rain this much over here since 1808 or something like that. It almost feels like living in England!

But ...but...you guys have Cloudberrys and Fudge Cheese, that  has got to count for something?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

We're in June and it's poring down rain. It hasn't rain this much over here since 1808 or something like that. It almost feels like living in England!

But ...but...you guys have Cloudberrys and Fudge Cheese, that has got to count for something?

Why not suckerpunch me in the face!?

I hate cheese with a passion.

But ...but...you guys have Cloudberrys and Fudge Cheese, that has got to count for something?

Why not suckerpunch me in the face!?

I hate cheese with a passion.