What you did today

LadyCrimson

Nice photos, I have always wanted to visit these little towns like Golden City. You see them in the movies, they always look so picturesque

I have always wanted to walk into a shop like Cooky's and order Apple Pie ( or at least ask the waitress "  what pie do you have "  )   original.gif

Be careful if you walk into the Double R Diner in Twin Peaks, Washington. Great pie and cup of joe, but the owls are not what they seem.

:lol:

You see they remaking Twin Peaks....I can't wait  :dancing: ( I still don't think I have ever recovered from the original series )

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/david-lynch-says-twin-peaks-showtime-revival-is-happening-1201498131/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well, its a continuation more than a remake.  David Lynch directing 18 episodes? Yes please!

Looking forward to it (have to finish my run through the series and FWWM before it happens though).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well, its a continuation more than a remake.  David Lynch directing 18 episodes? Yes please!

Looking forward to it (have to finish my run through the series and FWWM before it happens though).

Even better so its next part of the story...I get bored in remakes and I'm not  interested in the history of a series in most cases as I know how it ends. So I always prefer the future of a series as thats unknown 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Even better so its next part of the story...I get bored in remakes and I'm not  interested in the history of a series in most cases as I know how it ends. So I always prefer the future of a series as thats unknown

Here's the latest news on the return of the show:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/twin-peaks-reboot-will-film-18-episodes-plus-more-new-details-2015265

And just for fun, the Twin Peaks opening credits, done with paper:

• Like 3

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I have always wanted to walk into a shop like Cooky's and order Apple Pie ( or at least ask the waitress "  what pie do you have "  )   :)

Cooky's do indeed make pie, lots of them. I tried the peanut butter cream, having never seen it anywhere. Strawberry rhubarb, lemon meringue, every other cream flavor, every Dutch fruit flavor, ever, and probably a dozen more house-made varieties. Seriously worth the trip. And the brisket, my god in farmer's food heaven ...

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Went to a funeral this afternoon. One of the old guys from the VFW passed away. He was 92. He served in the 25th infantry at Guadalcanal & New Georgia in WWII. He was wounded twice (in the same day no less) and went on to a career as an auto mechanic and then car dealership owner. A remarkable fellow. They don't make them like him anymore.

A year ago he bought a case of 21 year old Glenlivet scotch and kept it in the closet at the VFW. One of his last wishes was to buy us all a drink. So after the service we all went to the VFW and drank to the memory of a really good guy.

So wherever you are reading this if you have a drink in your hand raise it up to Ross Ryan Blackfield. As Shakespeare wrote "He was a man; take him for all in all; we shall not look upon his like again" 

• Like 8

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I had a dream about a completely new kind of weight lifting training device, and now that I'm awake it still makes a lot of sense. I have to make a sketch of it....

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I had a dream about a completely new kind of weight lifting training device, and now that I'm awake it still makes a lot of sense. I have to make a sketch of it....

Let me take a look at that... HEY! THAT@S MY MOTHER!

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Let me take a look at that... HEY! THAT@S MY MOTHER!

Don't be silly, I was talking about weights that can be lifted by humans, not ogres. 

• Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Someday fitness guru and multi-millionaire (insert Woldans real name here) will be describing how he came up with the idea for his revolutionary new weight training machine that was hailed as "the greatest advance in personal training since nautilus". And to think, we heard it here first! :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Someday fitness guru and multi-millionaire (insert Woldans real name here) will be describing how he came up with the idea for his revolutionary new weight training machine that was hailed as "the greatest advance in personal training since nautilus". And to think, we heard it here first! :lol:

Or will it go down in infamy as a device for advanced interrogation? :shifty:

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Or will it go down in infamy as a device for advanced interrogation? :shifty:

:lol:  Either way he's famous.

Thomas Sowell

Was a good day, Arsenal winning the FA Cup easily, then our garage door opener broke. New one on Tuesday, now to improve a lock so no one can open it from the outside :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am still busy with getting my new apartment ready. Moved about 2 weeks ago and there is so much to do... so many boxes to push... At least it is slowly shaping up. Now I am pretty much only waiting for my new couch and other stuff to arrive. Was said to take up to 8 or 9 weeks... meh.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Is it just me or are things returning to normal around the boards these days? It seems a lot of the flotsam & jetsam that came in with PoE is drifting back out.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Is it just me or are things returning to normal around the boards these days? It seems a lot of the flotsam & jetsam that came in with PoE is drifting back out.

The Steam summer sale might bring the tide back in, but, either way I'm glad Obsidian owns their own property. 

Today's activities include well-earned brown ale and pizza, after a breakfast of sugar peas and sprouts. Sprouts are amazing, fresh or fresh with jalapeño ranch. 

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

Still sick, been that way since Tuesday or so. It's too bad because we finally have nice weather for an entire day and I'm cooped up inside.

Got my younger mutt fixed on Thursday and she's been hilariously out of it the past couple of days

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm a fine one to talk, since I've been coughing like a Hollywood zombie for the last few days.

Still sick, been that way since Tuesday or so. It's too bad because we finally have nice weather for an entire day and I'm cooped up inside.

Same, more than ten days now. I tried so hard on the plane back from KC and Phoenix not to cough but damn it when your throat feels like damp 220 grit. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Back from two days of PnPRPG's and one night of work, an old mate got permission from his girlfriend to come visit us for the first time in ten months so we did basically nothing but play PnP. Had a lot of fun, was good seeing him again. Sucks that he's that whipped.

Going from a mostly sedentary life to running in stairs every weekend is taking it's toll on my knees. They are getting better at the same time though, just hope I'll last the entire month of this I'll be doing to cover my friends vacation.

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm never going to have a job again.

What, is that like a New Year's Resolution?

Fwiiw I finally cracked and signed up to online dating. At first it was super cheesy, then I got all these contacts in only about an hour. So now I'm all for it! :)

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Was a good day, Arsenal winning the FA Cup easily, then our garage door opener broke. New one on Tuesday, now to improve a lock so no one can open it from the outside :p

Yeah that was a good game, personally I'm still glad to see that Chelsea came first in the premier league.

Fwiiw I finally cracked and signed up to online dating. At first it was super cheesy, then I got all these contacts in only about an hour. So now I'm all for it! :)

Best of luck! I've had mixed success with that but it's worth trying out. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot