What you did today

LadyCrimson

My neighbor and I were standing around the garage yesterday swilling whisky and beer when we got the bright idea to go fishing! A quick trip to the local Walmart for a license and bait and there I was, peacefully drowning worms while staring at the river. Its been YEARS since I went fishing so it was fun, even though I didn't get a singe bite. My buddy 10Ft away caught two right away (perch, catfish), so I don't know whats up with that. :aiee:

• Like 3

Actually, she's probably been playing it for an equal amount of time, haha. :) The neighbours are probably wondering what the hell is going on though.

Haha! The neighbours are probably calling the landlord to figure out in what wall the  bees are hiding :p

I'm a bit jealous though, a digeridoo is frickin cool!

Woke up with a start today as an entire motorcycle club rode past outside the house - an entirely new and unpleasant way to wake up I must say. 

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Given the 3 day weekend and a bit of a less hectic schedule now that the school year is almost done, I got some projects done around the home.  I recaulked the shower, fixed a gate latch that had broken off in a bad storm, put up a collapsible trellis gate to keep our dog in the backyard, and cut back some branches that were hanging over the garage.  I only cut myself twice whacking away at the branches, so I'm pretty happy with that.  I feel very manly.

• Like 2

Given the 3 day weekend and a bit of a less hectic schedule now that the school year is almost done, I got some projects done around the home.  I recaulked the shower, fixed a gate latch that had broken off in a bad storm, put up a collapsible trellis gate to keep our dog in the backyard, and cut back some branches that were hanging over the garage.  I only cut myself twice whacking away at the branches, so I'm pretty happy with that.  I feel very manly.

You seem very capable around DIY...nice one  :thumbsup: I am utterly useless at DIY, its because I only saw my dad every second weekend so he never really taught me

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

You seem very capable around DIY...nice one  :thumbsup: I am utterly useless at DIY, its because I only saw my dad every second weekend so he never really taught me

My dad never taught me either.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

How are your DIY skills ? So I grew up with my mom and she did no  DIY and then when I saw my dad we obviously did other things. Also he had permanent staff like a gardener and two domestic workers. So they would do all the DIY 

I am ashamed to admit it but I have never even mowed the lawn :blink:  ....this is normally a ritual for boys. But I did learn other skills like cooking and how to empathize with a womens perspective, so its not all bad :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

How are your DIY skills ? So I grew up with my mom and she did no  DIY and then when I saw my dad we obviously did other things. Also he had permanent staff like a gardener and two domestic workers. So they would do all the DIY 

I am ashamed to admit it but I have never even mowed the lawn :blink:  ....this is normally a ritual for boys. But I did learn other skills like cooking and how to empathize with a womens perspective, so its not all bad :)

I saw my father every other weekend aswell - did'nt stop me from being handy though, one learns it for oneself while doing things. Also, since I was living with my mother in an old house I mended things as best I could. That's how I know I'm actually utterly useless at crapentry. Plumbing and such I can do though.

On an entirely different note; Had a great saturday, was spent with alot of mates talking, listening to music and reminiscing. An old time friend dropped by aswell, wich was nice since I had'nt seen him in two years. Two weeks or so after I last saw him I quit smoking, so unknowingly about that fact he bought cigars... And they were great. :D

Was gifted a copy of Witcher 3, and an SSD disk to install it onto - and two whiskey glasses from a friend that loves to torment me about my choice of girly drinks. :D

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

How are your DIY skills ? 

They're good.

Many in my extended family are landlords and my mom would make head over to their houses that needed work done and well, do the work (for free of course). I can pretty much do anything involving the maintenance or improvement of houses. My mother also had me work with her on her garden so plenty of experience growing stuff. My father however never taught me anything and is a complete monster who is currently rotting in prison where he belongs. Lucky for me I never knew him and wasn't poisoned by his vile influence. 

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Today I did three sets of 10 repetitions of 155kg deadlifts. Funny, the heavier you lift the lighter you'll feel afterwards.  ;)

Is anyone else going to tell Woldan that's blood vessels exploding in his brain, like the 4th of July?

No?

Ok, I guess he'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Was a victim of budget cuts. I guess this is as good a time as any to go back and finish my bachelor's degree.

Oh no...are you saying you have been retrenched? Sorry to hear 

John Milton 

Was a victim of budget cuts. I guess this is as good a time as any to go back and finish my bachelor's degree.

Good luck with the degree, all one can do is press onward.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I did three sets of 10 repetitions of 155kg deadlifts. Funny, the heavier you lift the lighter you'll feel afterwards.  ;)

Is anyone else going to tell Woldan that's blood vessels exploding in his brain, like the 4th of July?

No?

Ok, I guess he'll find out soon enough.

;)

Lifting is one of the few things that cause Angiogenesis, the growth of new blood vessels from existing ones. I can shed a few minor pipelines here and there, they'll get replaced soon enough.   :p

• Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I'm a fine one to talk, since I've been coughing like a Hollywood zombie for the last few days.

Finally knuckled under and reprised my old breathing and focussing techniques. I hate them because they make me feel the way I imagine cocaine makes you feel.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That truly sucks TN. Best of luck.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Whirlwind funeral tour complete. If you ever get the chance to stay overnight at the Airport Marriott Kansas City, don't. Or do, then you'll be like, that was terrible, and smelled bad.  

KC was only one night, thankfully, Springfield, Missouri being the more ultimate destination. It's a green place, greener than you'd imagine, and pleasant. They do it right at the Springfield Brewing Company. Superb food, quality ales. This very glass is home with me now, our server was so kind as to 'break' a couple of them for us.

681c8c57-f8c5-4471-8451-e2ccd211bc7b_zps

Grandma was buried in Collins cemetery, west of Springfield where she was born and raised, near Greenfield in Dade County. In front of the County Courthouse in Greenfield is a veteran's memorial dedicated to Dade County's sons and daughters.

bc06682d-5a02-43d3-a9c9-fb95707816bc_zps

1609aa71-0cac-4fa5-9da4-b13683b991ef_zps

Slightly further west, is nestled the best cafe in all of southwest Missouri, snug next to the post office of Golden City, MO. 

0dd50a14-76ad-4779-9a86-df4074939a65_zps

d0bb7bf6-1595-4e9e-a3b2-56cdf2fbcac4_zps

Now that I'm home, there is no need to eat anything more for at least thirty days until I recover from the bacon and brisket and biscuits and gravy coma. Lots of rain and thunder and a little sunshine, but I enjoyed the visit a great deal. We'll head back as soon as the blue granite headstone Grandma wanted gets to the cemetery.

• Like 6

All Stop. On Screen.

Whirlwind funeral tour complete. If you ever get the chance to stay overnight at the Airport Marriott Kansas City, don't. Or do, then you'll be like, that was terrible, and smelled bad.  

KC was only one night, thankfully, Springfield, Missouri being the more ultimate destination. It's a green place, greener than you'd imagine, and pleasant. They do it right at the Springfield Brewing Company. Superb food, quality ales. This very glass is home with me now, our server was so kind as to 'break' a couple of them for us.

681c8c57-f8c5-4471-8451-e2ccd211bc7b_zps

Grandma was buried in Collins cemetery, west of Springfield where she was born and raised, near Greenfield in Dade County. In front of the County Courthouse in Greenfield is a veteran's memorial dedicated to Dade County's sons and daughters.

bc06682d-5a02-43d3-a9c9-fb95707816bc_zps

1609aa71-0cac-4fa5-9da4-b13683b991ef_zps

Slightly further west, is nestled the best cafe in all of southwest Missouri, snug next to the post office of Golden City, MO. 

0dd50a14-76ad-4779-9a86-df4074939a65_zps

d0bb7bf6-1595-4e9e-a3b2-56cdf2fbcac4_zps

Now that I'm home, there is no need to eat anything more for at least thirty days until I recover from the bacon and brisket and biscuits and gravy coma. Lots of rain and thunder and a little sunshine, but I enjoyed the visit a great deal. We'll head back as soon as the blue granite headstone Grandma wanted gets to the cemetery.

Nice photos, I have always wanted to visit these little towns like Golden City. You see them in the movies, they always look so picturesque

I have always wanted to walk into a shop like Cooky's and order Apple Pie ( or at least ask the waitress "  what pie do you have "  )   :)

• Like 2

John Milton 

Nice photos, I have always wanted to visit these little towns like Golden City. You see them in the movies, they always look so picturesque

I have always wanted to walk into a shop like Cooky's and order Apple Pie ( or at least ask the waitress "  what pie do you have "  )   original.gif

Be careful if you walk into the Double R Diner in Twin Peaks, Washington. Great pie and cup of joe, but the owls are not what they seem.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man