What you did today

LadyCrimson

Magma Red coming end of June!

f0ec2133-5c2f-4042-a4f3-1c11265b7c36_zps

By then the ultra-patriotic controller scheme will be complete! Magma Red, Glacier White, Wave Blue. And Urban Camo that no one can see.

I am glad you are choosing to honour the Netherlands with your colour scheme. I salute your patriotism.

• Like 2

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Complimented a pilot today. After landing, we were disembarking and the captain was graciously acknowledging our departure one by one, so I was all, 'great touchdown, thanks'. He replied, 'thank you!', emphasizing his first word in that way when someone really did a fantastic job and deserves the credit, but never, ever receives recognition. Because it truly was ... a totally smooth kiss onto the tarmac, blindly dropping out of the clouds mere feet from the tops of downtown city buildings on to the runway. In order to land an Airbus or a Boeing or any airplane at San Diego International, pilots must skim an incline slope covered in concrete structures and pin-point a super-short strip or risk plummeting into the water of the bay beyond--something called a 'displaced threshold' at both ends. It stood in stark contrast to the six-foot spine-slam some other gentleman flyer was forced to unleash on Friday arriving in Salt Lake City, a much longer runway.   

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

My friend's dad just died yesterday so I've decided to give him a bunch of money to help him cover the funeral costs and whatnot. It sucks for me as I really wanted to get some video games, but oh well. Friends come first. 

Edited by Namutree
  • Like 2

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

My friend's dad just died yesterday so I've decided to give him a bunch of money to help him cover the funeral costs and whatnot. It sucks for me as I really wanted to get some video games, but oh well. Friends come first. 

That's very generous of you, nice one Namutree  :thumbsup:

What happens to a body if the family can't pay any funeral costs?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's very generous of you, nice one Namutree  :thumbsup:

What happens to a body if the family can't pay any funeral costs?

I dunno actually.

"Good thing I don't heal my characters or they'd be really hurt." Is not something I should ever be thinking.

I use blue text when I'm being sarcastic.

Do "we can't afford funeral arrangements" count as unclaimed?

Yes that was more my question, its not so much the fact that body is unclaimed but the family have no money

In South Africa this is not uncommon, people have no money and cannot afford funeral costs so then the state pays for the funeral costs but of course its a simple affair 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My understanding is most funeral homes will try to work out a payment plan with the bereaved.  And the state will pay for minimum cost burials (that's the "paupers grave" that Gfted mentions) albeit I think its actually more often burial after cremation now.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

My understanding is most funeral homes will try to work out a payment plan with the bereaved.  And the state will pay for minimum cost burials (that's the "paupers grave" that Gfted mentions) albeit I think its actually more often burial after cremation now.

Wow...that seems a bit harsh. What is the definition of a " paupers grave " ?

John Milton 

It means different things in different times.

What I mean is that the state - as I understand it now - pays for a cremation, a basic urn, and the urn to be interred somewhere in a participating cemetery.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It means different things in different times.

What I mean is that the state - as I understand it now - pays for a cremation, a basic urn, and the urn to be interred somewhere in a participating cemetery.

They become One of Many.

• Like 1

My birthday today and my girlfriend got me a freakin' didgeridoo. How cool is that?!

Now I've been playing (using that word very loosely here) it all morning until I almost passed out from lack of oxygen. :p

Congratulations! :)

I'm guessing she's been regretting that decision all morning? :p

I turn 30 tomorrow, going to "the collective" today, as my friends place is known, to play some StarWars pnp - tomorrow they've arranged a small party for me, not anything big though since I have to work during the night, wich means that I have a perfect excuse not to do any real drinking! ;)

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

For the minor public venting, I'm having that wonderful mix of guilt and anger kicking off.

As some might recall, I've been my mother's primary carer for well, pretty much the last 15 years, and then over Christmas she got diagnosed with cancer. Metastatic Adenocarninoma in her lungs, so this years turned into lots more meds to juggle on the already existing ones, and the chemo trips along with all the additional extras that go with that.  - Yes, with pure oxygen tanks and liquid morphine in the house, we are the party palace...

Anyhow, I visited some friends in the US last year and met a girl and we hit it off and have ended up in the joys and tribulations of a long distance relationship. I queried my mother on how her health was going, how she was handling chemo and asked how she'd feel if, in November, I flew back to the US for a few weeks as long as her health hadn't taken any sudden downward turns. 

Her immediate response turned into a "Noo!" followed by handing me some of the medical reports she hadn't shared with me, and doing the whole "this could change at any time, the doctor isn't confident, we only have limited time together, its your choice if you go but how would you feel if I died before you got back, I want to make it to Christmas to make sure we have one family time all together but I don't know if I'll get there..."

Which then got followed by "Besides, how serious are you with this girl? She has kids, you don't have any serious savings to help look after them, you haven't got a proper job to help out.."

I'm kind of in that "Really? I haven't got a proper job because I've spent the last 15 years at home as your extra hands and med handler and pack mule and general fixit person" along with guilt over her feeling bad and obviously panicking, annoyance at the way she provided that information at that point, and angry that the blunt way she put it all came across as heavy guilt tripping because she doesn't like her son going away.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Youch, that's some ****ty cards you've been dealt Raithe. Still, that's a pretty poor way of your mother to treat you. :/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Get the girl to come to the UK for a bit ? But if your mom wants you to be around for Christmas, shift the date to January or so and get her to agree to that, perhaps ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My birthday today and my girlfriend got me a freakin' didgeridoo. How cool is that?!

Now I've been playing (using that word very loosely here) it all morning until I almost passed out from lack of oxygen. :p

Congratulations! :)

I'm guessing she's been regretting that decision all morning? :p

I turn 30 tomorrow, going to "the collective" today, as my friends place is known, to play some StarWars pnp - tomorrow they've arranged a small party for me, not anything big though since I have to work during the night, wich means that I have a perfect excuse not to do any real drinking! ;)

Actually, she's probably been playing it for an equal amount of time, haha. :) The neighbours are probably wondering what the hell is going on though.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've got some kind of weird wheezing coughing disease. Possibility of mild zombieism.

Also, looks like one of my older uncles has dementia. In the third world. Out in the jungle. If this was ten years ago I could've gone full Apocalypse Now and tracked him down. Now, I honestly don't know if I feel obliged to sort his **** out, and I also honestly don't know if that makes me a bad person.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've got some kind of weird wheezing coughing disease. Possibility of mild zombieism.

Me too. Very unusual virus storm track this time. No nasal zombie apocalypse, persistent sore throat and dry cough. 

That is PRECISELY what is wrong with me. Really odd dry cough, too.

It's moving like stink on a skunk, too. On Monday I knew one guy with it. By Wednesday 50% of my office had it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.