What you did today

LadyCrimson

I have to say it: Woldan's shoes are stylin'.

Agreed. My one pair of power shoes are black Pumas. I mean, I don't power-lift weights in them, like Woldan, just walk around and feel more confident wearing them. The tongue is off-center and there's probably five different texture prints from heel to toe, with the puma outlined in silver.  

All Stop. On Screen.

New PC failed to post so need to spend time debugging that. Hope it is just connection problems and no need to RMA stuff. Bah.

Also exploring the IRC server we are using as a backup and wow, lots of BDSM freaks or other creepy channels. :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wondering that if clients don't care about their issues then I can safely do the same. Ah well, symptom of clients end-of-lifing (silly term but it is what is used here) the product my company makes.

You haven't started hating your customers yet? You will! :lol:

I had a teacher at a school I designed and installed a Wi-Fi-wiMAX system for two years ago approach me and ask why they could not connect their phone to the school network. She handed me the phone and it was a Nokia 6630. I told her that phone is twelve years old. 802.11 wi-fi was a very new thing then and most phones didn't have it. Her reply, delivered in a huff I might add, was that why could all of her colleagues connect their phones then?  Thank God she was a music teacher, had she been a math, science, or economics teacher I'd have been worried.

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Mothers Day today so I went to my moms place for a nice breakfast and took her flowers, she was thrilled :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wondering that if clients don't care about their issues then I can safely do the same. Ah well, symptom of clients end-of-lifing (silly term but it is what is used here) the product my company makes.

You haven't started hating your customers yet? You will! :lol:

I had a teacher at a school I designed and installed a Wi-Fi-wiMAX system for two years ago approach me and ask why they could not connect their phone to the school network. She handed me the phone and it was a Nokia 6630. I told her that phone is twelve years old. 802.11 wi-fi was a very new thing then and most phones didn't have it. Her reply, delivered in a huff I might add, was that why could all of her colleagues connect their phones then?  Thank God she was a music teacher, had she been a math, science, or economics teacher I'd have been worried.

Elective teachers are a different breed.  :p

What the hell, Florida, you're supposed to be the egregious dong of the country, not the site of the greatest finish to a tournament in the history of the Players Championship--possibly any professional golf game ever. It's not even over yet ... c'mon Rickie!

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

You haven't started hating your customers yet? You will! laughing.gif

Oh of course I did. I said I did because eventually their idiocy exhausted my capacity to hate, so now it's just going through the motions of parrying their sometimes idiotic requests and trying to stay driven when no one around me seems to care. :lol:

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Never ending May birthday parties. 

I keep waking up super-sore/stiff back/shoulder and hip wise. Spend 20 minutes stretching myself all out when I wake up in order to feel half way normal and not stumble into walls from stiff hips making me lose my balance. ;) Keep telling hubby we need a new mattress. He keeps going "it's fine for me." I guess I'm the Princess and he's the sleep-on-a-rock guy. Maybe we need a Sleep Number bed.

And I need to get away from this town again. I find it ultimately depressing, here.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My car is killing me.  I took it in a few weeks ago for some suspension issue.  It was covered under warranty, but I still have a $100 deductible.  Then today a sensor went out.  Again, the warranty covers it, but again, it's another $100.  I've had to take this thing in every other month it seems, always for some little issue.  It's a ford fusion hybrid, and it has 116,000 miles.

I'm coming to terms with the fact that I might have messed up things and that only time will tell if we're going to get through this or not, I hope we do because I do really like her but if we need space and distance maybe that's best... Worst case we can try and be friends. Gah, this week has been awful and the next will likely be as well if not several, or perhaps many, more to come depending on what happens. :( 

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My car is killing me.  I took it in a few weeks ago for some suspension issue.  It was covered under warranty, but I still have a $100 deductible.  Then today a sensor went out.  Again, the warranty covers it, but again, it's another $100.  I've had to take this thing in every other month it seems, always for some little issue.  It's a ford fusion hybrid, and it has 116,000 miles.

Maybe your car is something like Stephen King's Christine, but more the passive agressive kind.

• Like 1

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Lucky its still under warranty with that many miles.

Oh, you know, my game got greenlit on Steam, the world's #1 gaming platform.

Nothing special.

I hear Chris Avellone is in it. But that could be just a rumor.

Congrats!

• Like 2

Thanks.

EDIT: Wow, is there a reason my signature is not showing up?

Oh, you know, my game got greenlit on Steam, the world's #1 gaming platform.

Nothing special.

I hear Chris Avellone is in it. But that could be just a rumor.

Bryy when the hot groupies start wanting to hang with you send them my way  :biggrin:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

"Finally, I feel great when I wake up! Maybe I'll go to the park and ..."

*thunder, light rain, thunder*

"Maybe I'll clean the tub and cook a big pot of spaghetti!"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Achieved reinforced three octave range, and I think I coincidentally identified the mystery key ingredient in coca cola - celery.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hubby came home, told me BB King had died and that he and a workmate went out for a beer to toast the man. I think it's one of the first times a "famous" person has passed where my husband showed any feeling at all. Poor hubby. :(

We saw him in concert a few times in the 80's/90's. Definitely one of the goods ones. RIP and all that.

• Like 3

We spent the day at a gourmet Farmers Market, as to be expected it had many delicious food stalls and we gouged ourselves. Also they have  a Jam Jar stall which means you can drink awesome ****tails while listening to live music...oh they also have a band that's really good 

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/32053/jam+jar+****tails

John Milton