What you did today

LadyCrimson

To hook up to an existing network, they are having problems so am looking to see if I can help.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

To hook up to an existing network, they are having problems so am looking to see if I can help.

Nice one, good gesture   :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yesterday I managed to bite a chip out of the corner of a wisdom tooth and now it's grinding into my tongue, really painful and annoying - and I have to wait until tomorrow to get it fixed. I've never wanted a file this badly in my entire life >_<

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I went for a nice bike ride today, it was my second time up Avon Mountain this year.  I caught a flat on my way back, still several miles from home.  No problem, though, as I'm always prepared; I never ride without at least 1 spare tube (I had 2), a pump, and some basic tools.  A few minutes later I was back up and riding.  

...On a helpful passing peasant.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Fixed the problem of my barbells grip texture rubbing my shins sore when doing heavy deadlifts. With duct tape. Its true, there is no problem that can't be fixed with enough duct tape. 

DSCF1830fsmall_zpsg5f5l8yl.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Fixed the problem of my barbells grip texture rubbing my shins sore when doing heavy deadlifts. With duct tape. Its true, there is no problem that can't be fixed with enough duct tape. 

Even ball cancer?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wear long socks or training pants.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Wear long socks or training pants.

Didn't help as the bar was abrasive enough to eat those along with my skin.

Even ball cancer?

I'm pretty sure it would , its just that nobody ever tried that approach. Edited by Woldan

Got the tooth removed, when they first put down the anaesthetic they waited for a few minutes, as normal and then they tested if I could feel anything - wich I could, so they gave me some more. Then tested again, I could still feel, so they waited a few more minutesand then they started pulling it.

****ing hell, did it hurt, they did'nt ****ing stop either when I told them - no they "nearly had it" so they kept pulling until they got it out.

45 minutes after I left their offices the anaesthetic kicked in...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Bitcoin is not like any real currency, you won't have normal currencies losing all there value overnight.

Normal currencies are less volatile, but that's a difference of degree, not a fundamental one.

The main reason why Bitcoin is less stable than "normal" currencies is, I think, the fact that the market for Bitcoins (and the market for trading Bitcoins for goods & services) is many orders of magnitude smaller than, say, the Dollar equivalent. So if one person suddenly decides to buy (or sell) a lot of Bitcoins, that can quickly upset the whole Bitcoin ecosystem and change everyone's expectations (and by extension the "going price").

Whereas a single Dollar-based transaction would never make any measurable difference in the grand scheme of things, since there are probably billions of other Dollar-based transaction on the same day and they all sort of even out.

They are influenced by certain sentiment and market pressures but ultimately normal currencies have real value based on a range of quantifiable metrics.

The value of today's national fiat currencies isn't fundamentally more "real" than that of Bitcoin. In both cases the value derives from the fact that people expect to be able to

1. either trade it back later at a profit,
  2. or buy stuff they want with it.

With Dollars you have more choices what to buy and there's less risk of the whole system collapsing before you have a chance to trade your money back for another currency, but again that's a difference of degree.

Also some governments can intervene to prevent the complete crash of there currencies

The central bank can choose the amount of new money to print or change the federal funds rate, but those are only tools to nudge the market for that currency into a particular direction, they don't make it possible for the central bank or government to simply "decide" the value of a currency. And they can also make things worse.

Not that any of this is poor thinking, but you do know that Barclays Bank and others have recently been fined for manipulating currency markets?

-Elwood Blues

Got the tooth removed, when they first put down the anaesthetic they waited for a few minutes, as normal and then they tested if I could feel anything - wich I could, so they gave me some more. Then tested again, I could still feel, so they waited a few more minutesand then they started pulling it.

****ing hell, did it hurt, they did'nt ****ing stop either when I told them - no they "nearly had it" so they kept pulling until they got it out.

45 minutes after I left their offices the anaesthetic kicked in...

Going to the dentist is a nightmare and that always happens to me.

I went there yesterday and they charged $100 for basically doing nothing. I got a new appointment next month. They are robbing me blind.

Rare the Wold photo not taken by Wold, who is the photographer and where is your puppy. 

All Stop. On Screen.

Haha...duct tape. Classic.

Elder parent stuff this week. Tired.

Hubby turns 49 soon. I was watching him from the kitchen window the other day and realized, when he's out in the sun, the back of his head looks more "grey" vs. light brown. It's not all grey yet and in dim house light you don't notice it like that, but the sunlight brings it all out. Based on his temples, I think eventually he'll have white (vs mousey grey) hair. I think it's quite handsome, but I'm biased. :)

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bitcoin is not like any real currency, you won't have normal currencies losing all there value overnight.

Normal currencies are less volatile, but that's a difference of degree, not a fundamental one.

The main reason why Bitcoin is less stable than "normal" currencies is, I think, the fact that the market for Bitcoins (and the market for trading Bitcoins for goods & services) is many orders of magnitude smaller than, say, the Dollar equivalent. So if one person suddenly decides to buy (or sell) a lot of Bitcoins, that can quickly upset the whole Bitcoin ecosystem and change everyone's expectations (and by extension the "going price").

Whereas a single Dollar-based transaction would never make any measurable difference in the grand scheme of things, since there are probably billions of other Dollar-based transaction on the same day and they all sort of even out.

They are influenced by certain sentiment and market pressures but ultimately normal currencies have real value based on a range of quantifiable metrics.

The value of today's national fiat currencies isn't fundamentally more "real" than that of Bitcoin. In both cases the value derives from the fact that people expect to be able to

1. either trade it back later at a profit,
  2. or buy stuff they want with it.

With Dollars you have more choices what to buy and there's less risk of the whole system collapsing before you have a chance to trade your money back for another currency, but again that's a difference of degree.

Also some governments can intervene to prevent the complete crash of there currencies

The central bank can choose the amount of new money to print or change the federal funds rate, but those are only tools to nudge the market for that currency into a particular direction, they don't make it possible for the central bank or government to simply "decide" the value of a currency. And they can also make things worse.

Not that any of this is poor thinking, but you do know that Barclays Bank and others have recently been fined for manipulating currency markets?

Yes :) I know about LIBOR and other financial scandals. No one said the banks were perfect and due to how they use to operate these types of things will happen and the banks will be penalized and adjust to ensure it isn't repeated. We should be admiring this type of sense of wanting to get better and not being too arrogant 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Rare the Wold photo not taken by Wold, who is the photographer and where is your puppy.

My puppy took the pic. Shes smart. 

Oh, here is my little 8 weeks old  girl: 

DSCF1768_zpsp47ht3hf.jpg

• Like 7

Going to the dentist is a nightmare and that always happens to me.

I went there yesterday and they charged $100 for basically doing nothing. I got a new appointment next month. They are robbing me blind.

Agreed, it really is, they charged me $130 for 20 minutes, 15 mins of waiting, 5mins of work. And I'm really tired of the taste of blood...

Haha...duct tape. Classic.

Elder parent stuff this week. Tired.

Hubby turns 49 soon. I was watching him from the kitchen window the other day and realized, when he's out in the sun, the back of his head looks more "grey" vs. light brown. It's not all grey yet and in dim house light you don't notice it like that, but the sunlight brings it all out. Based on his temples, I think eventually he'll have white (vs mousey grey) hair. I think it's quite handsome, but I'm biased. original.gif

Getting old is teh suck. :lol: Ive got an impressive grey streak going down the center of my head, like a skunk pattern, and my wife takes great delight in pointing it out.

Getting old is teh suck. laughing.gif Ive got an impressive grey streak going down the center of my head, like a skunk pattern, and my wife takes great delight in pointing it out.

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Very busy lately. Between work and turning my place into a semi-self sustaining farm has occupied my every waking moment. I've got a five acre garden now (rather than a few square meters like before) plus I'm building a larger and nicer storage shed out of the useable remains of the one that was ruined ion the flood two years ago. I was considering building one with horse stalls to let out.  

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Careful Wold, you're scaring Bruce! :lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ah, a Doberman Pinscher: bright, attractive, low-maintenance coat, and athletic. Good choice, Woldan!

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I have to say it: Woldan's shoes are stylin'.

• Like 2

Stylin' but sadly too soft, once they're loaded with 200kg + my 100kg BW it feels like I'm standing on chewing gum.  I need hard lifter shoes. Ideally spiffy ones.

Ah, a Doberman Pinscher: bright, attractive, low-maintenance coat, and athletic. Good choice, Woldan!

Thank you! I wonder if she feels the same way, having picked the right human.  :yes:

Edited by Woldan

Wondering that if clients don't care about their issues then I can safely do the same. Ah well, symptom of clients end-of-lifing (silly term but it is what is used here) the product my company makes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra