What you did today

LadyCrimson

but boy it stinks to high heaven of molten plastic and I can't exactly open the windows.

This is why I always keep a nice stockpile of highly scented citrus-y candles. Because even tho I ordinarily don't like artificial scents, it's still better than having to smell ... some other stuff. *stares at her cat*

Friends I know prefer incense sticks, but for some reason my nose doesn't like any of those.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Edit: Phones on the wrist, what Sci-Fi show did I see that on? Quite old if memory serves.

Probably showed up in a bunch of things.  I know Chester Gould's comic strip D ick Tracy had one in 1946 (original one I think just was a radio communicator; later he had one with picture communication!)

dicktracy.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Picked up an Infiniti G37x over the weekend for my wife. That means I get her hand-me-down Camry XLE, and she had to agree to....things. happy0203.gif

Does it involve drones and pepper spray ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh ok, so just drones :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A couple of wasps have somehow made their way into my kitchen and my husband is not here to kill them for me (I have adverse reactions to stings). Trying to figure out a way to kill it with zero danger to me/not spraying insecticide all over the pantries/house.

Maybe I'll just leave the house for a while... :ninja:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A couple of wasps have somehow made their way into my kitchen and my husband is not here to kill them for me (I have adverse reactions to stings). Trying to figure out a way to kill it with zero danger to me/not spraying insecticide all over the pantries/house.

Maybe I'll just leave the house for a while... :ninja:

Isn't that the Cat's job? :p

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Came down with something Sunday, maybe the Flu. Damned if I know.

Couldn't sleep at all that night because swallowing was accompanied by pain. The good news is last night I simply slept through the pain, having delicious nightmares about pain induced superpowers.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

^ I've been coughing a lot the past couple days. No flu...think it's mold/pollen allergies again. Constant/bad post nasal drip that clogs the lungs, where you start sleeping sitting up. Hope it doesn't get like it did a few summers ago. Blargh.

I went to a clinic and it might be strep. That's going around and I don't want to take any risks. The quick test was pretty inconclusive, but I still got penicillin. Aww yis.

I'm also apparently getting worse if last night is anything to go by. Back to my too-hot/too-cold sleep routine, where I'm freezing until I fall asleep, then I immediately start sweating. This causes me to freeze even more a short while later.

On the plus side, the tylenol kicked the sore throat in the nuts just well enough for me to sleep pain free. Never felt like tylenol actually did anything for me before today.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Get well soon Tale. Flu and similar always sucks.

I just had a new car battery installed since ours just up and died out of nowhere. I was already broke, so now I'm in the foulest of moods and I'm going to take it out on some Left 4 Dead zombies.

Running my allergic butt up to Inverness to hang out with a relative in Point Reyes.

Inverness is one of those few places around here that I would love to retire to. Probably won't happen, but it's one of the places. Fond childhood memories, weather that suits me, etc. :)

Allergies bothering me, too, stupid spring. PC parts shipped, except for the CPU - pft, figures - so that's something. Have to get stuff ready to migrate in the meantime.

Remind me not to have 5 wine coolers in a fairly short time span, ever again. I had forgotten how much bile/indigestion that gives me, hours later. My belly hurts. :disguise: The day was nice, tho. Got home bit after dark and hubby was still in the garage, apparently taking apart his drill press.

His "cat b gone" idea has him spending his days running around to part stores and puttering in the garage, trying to make everything by scratch. eg, he likes to do things like made his own little metal springs by wrapping wire. I don't know if he's ever going to finish the project (and I don't really care), but it's wonderful to see him really involved in something besides the TV. He seems to be having a lot of fun/is happy. Which makes me happy. :biggrin:

Woot! Scored an interview next week with the GM of the local Ford dealership after impressing the Sales manager.

• Like 5

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Good luck, Calax! :)

...it's a gorgeous day, which again has me wanting to just lie out in the sun and get a tan. But I won't. I stopped doing that in my late 20's...as a result, very few wrinkles/lines - but a very pale me. :(

But I can sit in the shade, browsing the 'net on a laptop whilst drinking tea. *raises glass* It's a fine life.

I just don't get the point of Bitcoin.

The per-coin value can fluctuate? So one day you buy a $262.28 coin and the next day it could be worth less or more? What controls the valuation of individual bitcoins?

Every time I try and divine how in the hell that system works, I think back to that episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" when they come up with "Paddy Bucks".

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Went back to Untitled for a burlesque show because my boss was mad for it. A friend/coworker sprung for bottle service so we had the best seats in the house. Last day of training is tomorrow then flying out late back to Colorado.

I saw a woman at the bitcoin machine later today and I was shocked but then the opened it up and performed some kind of maintenance or something on it. So still no actual users.

Free games updated 3/4/21