What you did today

LadyCrimson

Got a polyp removed from my colon. Doctor is still not entirely happy, so he sent a crapton of tests to the pathologist. He responded a bit evasively on my questions, so I guess I will have to wait the 4 weeks it will take to get an answer. I can't say that I didn't predict something like this.

Here's hoping any of the doc's worries turn out unfounded/things are ok.
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finally decided to move on from that old chocolatey goodness of Presto-based Opera 12.17 to Opera 28.

I absolutely loathe, loathe, LOATHE how it works, but it's getting to the point where Opera 12.17 is becoming too big of a security liability now.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

You know you've been married forever when your spouse starts watching something you just watched, and he laughs/snorts/smiles etc. in exactly the same spots as you did, and for exactly the same reasons.

We are one person.

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You know you've been married forever when your spouse starts watching something you just watched, and he laughs/snorts/smiles etc. in exactly the same spots as you did, and for exactly the same reasons.

We are one person.

People normally snort at what I say, yet I have never been married before...how do you explain that ?

:biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Haven't done in a little while, so time to do some social dancing. Then pick up some dinner on the way home and couch-lounge. Watch some old fave movies. Eat popcorn. Something like that.

Apple Watch coming later today, yay for smartphone on your wrist lol

Beam me up, Scotty.

• Like 1

No, it's in whenever battery capacity and processing power increases enough for that thing to be feasible.

It's a watch that can barely do what the cheapest smartphone can do and can only hold juice for a day. Watches are man jewelery. Unless you are Italian or something a classy mechanical watch is about all you can get away with. Good craftmanship is manly. That thing cant do anything well.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Good craftmanship is manly.

And is something no one ever should bring in connection with Apple :p

Also "meh", smart watches are being made in china now for years.

Edited by cirdanx

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Lol this thing turns a lot of heads, it's been a real crowd pleaser today

It's a watch that can barely do what the cheapest smartphone can do and can only hold juice for a day

It's not supposed to replace a smartphone, it's more of a companion to one; for looking at information quickly

I have a strong dislike for watches*, and was rather glad to see them go. Aside from people who simply have to have the latest gadget, who has a need for these?

* Not all watches. Pocket watches are rather stylish.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Haven't done in a little while, so time to do some social dancing.

What style(s) do you do?

I have two basic styles of dancing.

--Ballroom (partner).

--The basic 80's dork arm-swing dance that's on fine display in that Terminator bar scene.

https://youtu.be/LTs8YnKfSsU?t=36s

• Like 1

*looks around at various threads*

...this place (and the 'net in general) gets a little weirder every year. :cat:

• Like 1

Haven't done in a little while, so time to do some social dancing.

What style(s) do you do?

I have two basic styles of dancing.

--Ballroom (partner).

--The basic 80's dork arm-swing dance that's on fine display in that Terminator bar scene.

https://youtu.be/LTs8YnKfSsU?t=36s

I only have the former (really, anything else will end in tears). :ermm:

Recently I've been focusing more on West Coast Swing more than anything else, with some Hustle thrown in for good measure, but still enjoy other forms as well (I'm not overly found of most smooth -although I do like Waltz-, prefer the slower Latin -e.g. Rumba-, and will always choose Argentine Tango or Milonga over American Tango any day). East Coast is also fun and so is Blues although there's not many opportunities to do that and I mostly end up doing ballroom at a few of the local studios/dances. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

*looks around at various threads*

...this place (and the 'net in general) gets a little weirder every year. :cat:

It needs to be purged with lots of death and vinegar

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Woke up with blood all over my pillow/shirt. Bloody nose time! I remember when this used to happen to me a lot as a kid. My mother sorta freaked out. Hehee.

Going to my cousin's for a birthday party this afternoon. Mmm, cake.

Damn kids running around like headless chickens in the grocery stores today. Almost ran one over, but he was wearing a Chelsea shirt so it would have been justified.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spent the weekend hiking around the Peak District with my brother in law, beautiful views of the Ladybower reservoir and the finest weather that I have ever seen in Yorkshire. Extremely refreshing for both mind and body, though I have to say my knees are crying blue murder. Spent the night camping in Fearfall woods, what a fantastic name, and am seriously thinking about investing in some property for retirement in this area though Mrs Nonek has yet to grant her blessing.

Edit: Phones on the wrist, what Sci-Fi show did I see that on? Quite old if memory serves.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Fire department have been trying to put out a fire in the next building over. For the last 4 hours... and it's still burning. Amateurs.

It's offset by a fair distance to our complex so I should be alight, but boy it stinks to high heaven of molten plastic and I can't exactly open the windows. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.