What you did today

LadyCrimson

Spent the last two days cleaning, beating, mopping, polishing, dusting and washing any vaguely inanimate object within my castle, now I finally have every piece of furniture, tech, objet d'art and bric a brac back within the house and off the back lawn and rearranged to Mrs Nonek's satisfaction. It feels enormously satisfying, and I must admit it was quite a good workout, though the amount of dirt one finds on such maneuvers is truly staggering. Well another year to go.

Fido still looks reproachful after his hosing down and shampooing, but his odour is immeasurably more bearable. I must say however that the chores passed a lot faster because of the pleasing sight of Mrs Nonek topping up her tan, the pleasures of Spring what.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Or maybe you two are just some shady looking mugs. :p

I read shady as sexy

but then my name is shady and I'm delusional

:lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Walking home is fun, when it's cool still at least, especially when people walk in front of me and then seem to think I am following them and get freaked out.

I have upped my game ever since I got a dog.. despite her being the most affectionate joyful creature, size matters and people in the street who aren't accustomed to dog jump out of my way. Which works fine for me original.gif Edited by Tort

Happened again, had to get close to overtake and she calls me a douchebag. No wonder no one can drive in this town :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got home from work. Lady GD just called, she is brining home dinner so nothing left to do but sit on my porch, watch the sun set and enjoy a glass of 9 year old small batch.

• Like 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Happened again, had to get close to overtake and she calls me a douchebag. No wonder no one can drive in this town :lol:

Dude, if this is consistently happening, maybe it is you and you're giving off a skeevy vibe. Put on a friggin hoodie! Wait...that may not help...

Edited by Leferd
  • Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Could have been worse, could have been a couple holding hands and moving at maybe 1 km/h, after people with the baby land cruiser strollers those are the bane of my travels. But to be real skeezy is to be like an old coworker - used to crack jokes in elevator about how easily it would be to ambush people as they are focused on their phones while people are doing that, ah good times.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just got home from work. Lady GD just called, she is brining home dinner so nothing left to do but sit on my porch, watch the sun set and enjoy a glass of 9 year old small batch.

There's something magnificent in the sunset, especially on warm spring nights like tonight, i'm off to do the same after a few lengths of the pool and a large G&T.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Need to do housework but unmotivated today. Which means I'll probably snort awake on the couch with a cat on my face again.

Thinking about dinner already...something done in the wok I imagine. Maybe there's a new movie on VoD that would seem interesting.

Hubby wants a metal/plastic lathe ... I keep telling him we should build a giant workshop in the backyard for him, vs. the cramped 1-car garage. I don't care about that big rectangle of grass at all, so he could cover it entire with a tall/long shed or something, but so far he hasn't done it. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried to get my daily dose of commentary from theatlantic.com on my desktop.

Grrrr.... curse the mobile format fad.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So the excitement/chaos of PoE's release is over, the forums have slowed down, I did finish the game (and tried another game's new alpha), and now, time-wise, there's a slight void, if that makes sense. A now what feeling. :)

I need a break from thinking about (any) gaming stuff at all I think. Seems like a lot of new things on Netflix added the last month or so. Time to drown in some of that. If I can stay awake. But first I'm going to pull a few cookies out of the freezer and heat those up while pondering whether it's time to get ourselves a hotub. It just might be. Soaking in one while having a drink and reading a book sounds pretty appealing these days.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went for an interview at ze gamestop. Won't know anything until next week.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Calax you are a smart guy and a college graduate. Unless they are considering you to manage many stores getting this job would be an underachievement. I'm not picking on you here, you are way better than this.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Signed up for Google's new phone service since I already have the phone for it. Can't be worse than T-mobile can it?

Can it?

They can monitor your calls and data usage and then robocall you with advertisements.

Edited by Malcador

Hubby wants a metal/plastic lathe ... I keep telling him we should build a giant workshop in the backyard for him, vs. the cramped 1-car garage. I don't care about that big rectangle of grass at all, so he could cover it entire with a tall/long shed or something, but so far he hasn't done it. :D

A small bench lathe is quite space saving and can handle most small jobs with the correct cutting tools, the soluble oil and chippings do however tend to go everywhere. I'm not sure whether you would even need 3 phase power.

Happy Saint George's Day everybody, cry God for cumpets, warm beer and world weary cynicism.

Tea for the teapot!

Construction worker died across the road from us. At least they covered his body unlike the last time I saw one at work - they left that dude in his boxers out in 40 C weather for hours.

Calax you are a smart guy and a college graduate. Unless they are considering you to manage many stores getting this job would be an underachievement. I'm not picking on you here, you are way better than this.

It's management, Store or Assistant STore manager would be the start but I'd try to make it to District Manager quick as I can.

Right now it's not about getting a job that suits my degree etc. It's just about getting my ass employed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's management, Store or Assistant STore manager would be the start but I'd try to make it to District Manager quick as I can.

Right now it's not about getting a job that suits my degree etc. It's just about getting my ass employed.

Doesn't the rest of you want a job?

... I'll get my coat.

Never attribute to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Got a polyp removed from my colon. Doctor is still not entirely happy, so he sent a crapton of tests to the pathologist. He responded a bit evasively on my questions, so I guess I will have to wait the 4 weeks it will take to get an answer. I can't say that I didn't predict something like this.

Signed up for Google's new phone service since I already have the phone for it. Can't be worse than T-mobile can it?

Can it?

The good news is you are off T-Mobile. The bad news is you now have T-Mobile with a google sticker on it: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/22/us-usa-google-wireless-idUSKBN0ND27O20150422

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell