What you did today

LadyCrimson

Dear Diary:

I'm antsy and bored today. I think I'm going to go buy a new deck lounge chair, make some margarita's and spend the rest of the afternoon toasting the high life while blasting The Hoff's new song for the neighbors.

LC

• Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...while blasting The Hoff's new song for the neighbors.

LC

Do they own BB guns? If so, expect a volley or two.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Been in a very deep depression these past few weeks. Not a "I feel down" period, but more like "what's the point of anything" period. I do all the stuff I usually do but am not getting any enjoyment. I'm mostly doing it out of habit. It's the first time I've felt that it has hit me so hard.

I got myself a gym card, and for these past few weeks, that's the only place I have felt at peace. Or when I put my headphones on and go for fast walks.

Hot water heater is on the fritz a month out of warranty

Seriously, 6 years and 1 month...

You know it's always the way ......

Just got the landscaping crew started.  They're planting two new Green Giant Thujas to finish the privacy hedge and then they're going to spread 16 cubic yards of mulch.  

While they are doing that we're planting some more perennials.

Nice day for working outside - 71 degrees at 2pm with a nice breeze.   

Watchd Guardians of the Galaxy featurettes.... and I want James Gunn to do a Star Wars Film... like an ACTUAL star wars film (Guardians is basically Star Wars with the marvel characters instead of the Star Wars characters).

Also I almost has myself a girlfriend now.

• Like 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Water heaters are pretty easy to change out yourself (unless its located in a terrible spot). You can save yourself a bunch of coin just buying one at Home Depot. A few months ago I looked into changing mine with one of those on-demand tankless versions but it turns out they need a whole bunch of independent exhaust venting, which you cant share with your furnace exhaust, so I lost interest. Nothings wrong with my current water heater so it was too much effort to justify a novelty.

Yeah, mine is 75 gallons and also heats the house

We had a guy come out and tinker with it so hopefully I don't need to replace it already as we haven't even had the place 5 years and we're the first owners

On the bright side we can go a bit smaller(cheaper) if it needs replacing

PS the company said they are sorry but no exceptions can be made

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Woke up to the lovely sound of our cat having a morning puke. He threw up a freakin' huge worm, straight out of some sci-fi horror. First time I've seen a cat puke worms as opposed to crapping them out. It was incredibly disgusting.

Off to the store to get some pills for the poor guy.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I haven't been around much the last two weeks. Just checking in. I see there has been some good news, Calax has a girlfriend (I know he said almost but that was a few days ago. I'm sure he's closed that deal by now) and bad news with Shady taking cold showers.

I'm working long hours both at work and home learning the new job. The hardest part has been absorbing the state laws and county codes for property use and water management. I'd describe this job was 33% engineering, 33% ecology and 33% lawyer. Obviously I'm weakest on the last part to that is where I'm spending the most off hours studying. I did hear one interesting nugget. The job was offered to two other candidates who were more qualified but they turned it down because (I'm assuming) it is a public sector job and does not pay well. The offered it to me because I interviewed well and because I'm a vet and they make veteran hiring a priority. I thought that was nice. 

• Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Did some writing. The character is an alcoholic so I drank two litres of beer while writing the scene. I'm so method.

:lol: 

Very funny

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I haven't been around much the last two weeks. Just checking in. I see there has been some good news, Calax has a girlfriend (I know he said almost but that was a few days ago. I'm sure he's closed that deal by now) and bad news with Shady taking cold showers.

I'm working long hours both at work and home learning the new job. The hardest part has been absorbing the state laws and county codes for property use and water management. I'd describe this job was 33% engineering, 33% ecology and 33% lawyer. Obviously I'm weakest on the last part to that is where I'm spending the most off hours studying. I did hear one interesting nugget. The job was offered to two other candidates who were more qualified but they turned it down because (I'm assuming) it is a public sector job and does not pay well. The offered it to me because I interviewed well and because I'm a vet and they make veteran hiring a priority. I thought that was nice. 

Its very reassuring and positive to see some of the ardent support veterans receive in the USA, thats how it should be for people are prepared to risk there lifes for there country

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, Liverpool never fails to deliver.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sleepover guests! Relatives from IL.

...we did a BBQ and stayed up late playing ... RISK. And some poker. Because that's how we roll around here. I didn't win. Ok, we took them to the coast too for a few hours too, because that's what they wanted to see. Came back and now going for an early dinner then drive them to the airport. Then I can snooze.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did some writing. The character is an alcoholic so I drank two litres of beer while writing the scene. I'm so method.

You know Hemingway did his best work after a few glasses of whiskey. There is a precedent here.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell