Trial of Iron is missing core functionality (deleting your save if you quit)

Disregard anything else apart from the simple observation: Trial of Iron should not have a "save" button and a "quit"  button. It should only have one button: the "Save and Quit" button(which is what the save button already does, so just rename it to that and get rid of the quit button).

Problem solved. 

Get it in next patch devs?

First of all, the issue of "if cheaters wanna cheat Trial of Iron they'll cheat anyway" is not relevant, don't wanna bring that up.

Trial of Iron is currently just plain not functioning because clicking "quit" doesn't delete your save. FTL does this properly. If you quit, your save is gone.

Right now you can just quit and load from last save.

This is 100% an oversight because the option to load is greyed out (you can only delete), but quitting+loading amounts to doing the same thing.

Edited by Idleray

I thought Trial of Iron only deleted the save when your character died.  Otherwise, wouldn't you have to play PoE all in one setting to beat the game with a character (trial of iron indeed!)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I didn't play at Trial of Iron, but i think he want to say that the game must save your current position when you quit, and you will start from place where you quit, not from place where you last save the game. It will prevent the abuse with quit+load to restart fight for example.

But.... if quitting deleted your save, how would you ever quit? 

Sorry. I typed up a lot of useless convoluted stuff just now and then I realised: in Trial of Iron the quit button should be replaced by a Save and Quit button (which is what the Save button itself does, so basically get rid of the quit button.)

Edited by Idleray

Why do you care about this one form of cheating, but not the myriad other ways in which this can be done? The achievements in this game are meaningless as it's essentially all on the honor system. If you want to cheat, there are lots of ways to do it. For Trial of Iron you can just manually copy the saved game file to a backup and then restore it if things don't go your way. It's another method of quit+load scumming and there's nothing they can really do to stop it. So there's lots of "core functionality" missing, if what you want is for the game to enforce Trial of Iron. This really is a pointless complaint.

Yep.

Sorry. I typed up a lot of useless convoluted stuff just now and then I realised: in Trial of Iron the quit button should be replaced by a Save and Quit button (which is what the Save button itself does, so basically get rid of the quit button.)

That's a much better suggestion, but I have concerns about reloading to try conversations different ways. Although I suppose if you're using Trial of Iron then you've probably played through the game already.