Okay in another thread I got some advice about my barbarian, and after testing yesterday I cam e up with this Female Aumaua Barbarian.

PillarsOfEternity%202015-04-16%2012-52-1

PillarsOfEternity%202015-04-16%2012-55-2

I want to use her as a DPS Barbarian fighting right beside or behind Edér with a Pike and Greatsword. Now during character creation I picked Barbaric Yell, and I got Carnage and Towering Physique automatically of course. And then in game I first picked Weapon Focus Soldier and on lvl 3 Frenzy.

Now I checked this page ...

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Barbarian

But even though it shows what those abilities do, I have no idea which ones are really useful ( Or a must. ) for a DPS Barbarian build. ( Okay Thick-Skinned is a dead give away that it would fit in. )

• Like 1

Savage defiance is nice.  I believe intelligence affects carnage range, and it of course improves frenzy duration, so possibly consider it when you decide what items you want to equip.  You'll want two handed weapon style.  One stands alone is very good, OP even, but less important if you use the pike a lot.  With those you pretty much have the basics.  I'm sure other players will charm in with more suggestions.

• Like 1

Savage defiance is nice.  I believe intelligence affects carnage range, and it of course improves frenzy duration, so possibly consider it when you decide what items you want to equip.  You'll want two handed weapon style.  One stands alone is very good, OP even, but less important if you use the pike a lot.  With those you pretty much have the basics.  I'm sure other players will charm in with more suggestions.

Thank you Climhazzard, wrote those down.  :)

barbaric yell and barbaric shout are more defensive debuffing abilities. One essentially lowers enemy accuracy by ten via frightened and the other lowers it by 20 via terrified status effects. Not really for dps. But they can help you on the fron lines I guess.

barbaric yell and barbaric shout are more defensive debuffing abilities. One essentially lowers enemy accuracy by ten via frightened and the other lowers it by 20 via terrified status effects. Not really for dps. But they can help you on the fron lines I guess.

Yeah I almost did not pick it, but as you mention it could perhaps help in certain front line moments. 

Hits hard, hits fast and doing so with a pike.... should do well, just don't throw too much armor on and try to avoid getting in front of the tanks.

No I will not go much higher then what I use right now. I might even lower it to leather or Padded armour if I find good ones. ( At least that looks like it could be beneficial for this build. )
Edited by Fessels

Dump perception. Try to max int as well.

As for the talents, One stands alone is a must, its free 20 damage and you actually don't get the ''flanked'' debuff if there are only 2 attacking you.

Edited by Ormag