Anyone who's received their CE box: is it small enough that it could plausibly fit through a letterbox? I'm wondering because Hermes claim "08:56 Delivered to Letterbox", but there's no sign of it - no ticket or anything. The phrasing 'to letterbox' (rather than 'through') makes me think that it might mean 'left outside', but I had a look at the nearby doorsteps and didn't see anything, so I'd like to get some idea if it might have actually been posted through the letterbox, but to the wrong house.

Naw, it's pretty big. Offhand, maybe like 13"x20" or so.

Assuming you're talking about the Collector's Edition.

Chaotic Evil, on the other hand ... well, the Abyss has infinite layers, and each is of infinite size.

• Like 4

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

as gkathellar said, naw.  The box anyway.  Alignment is a personal thing and none of you goddam business!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Around 30cm by 23 1/2 cms, according to my ruler.

Edit: I don't know how it works in your country, but in mine the package was a 'requires signature' one, by the way, so they left a card saying they'd dropped it off at the nearest post office for me to pick up after signing for it. Check for a card if your country does the same.

Edited by Avantre

Vhat is zis "SEE-EMM" hyu speak ov? Good citizen hyuse only IMPERIAL NONSENSE MEASUREMENT.

Unfortunately, I left my metric-to-toad's-toe-lengths converter at home. I do apologise to the fine inhabitants of Myanmar, Liberia, and that other last country in the world that doesn't use Metric for my unwarranted use of the measurement system used by 95ish% of the world's population, though. :)

Edited by Avantre
  • Like 1

Edit: I don't know how it works in your country, but in mine the package was a 'requires signature' one, by the way, so they left a card saying they'd dropped it off at the nearest post office for me to pick up after signing for it. Check for a card if your country does the same.

Unfortunately they sent it via Hermes, which is pretty much the "cheapest option if you don't care whether it gets there" courier; they do sometimes bother with signatures, but mostly they don't care if it 'requires' one or not.

Unfortunately they sent it via Hermes, which is pretty much the "cheapest option if you don't care whether it gets there" courier; they do sometimes bother with signatures, but mostly they don't care if it 'requires' one or not.

Well, that's unfortunate. It's also around 7.5 cms (or around 2953 'thou', for you imperial users out there) in depth so it'd take an impressive mailbox to handle it.

In my case, the actual mailing box the CE came in was basically a square cardboard box (not a flatish mailer) - 12 inches by 13 inches - with an air-filled bag to fill up the space. So definitely wouldn't fit in a mail slot or even in the average (USA) mailboxes.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, mine was delivered by leaving it outside the front door; I was in all day and they didn't even knock.  It's lucky nobody from any of the other flats took it, as has happened to packages before.

Sounds like postal service in your area is gambling. Not so funny at all.

Chief editor of World of Gothic, the (unfortunately for this audience) German Gothic community since 2000.

Yeah, mine was delivered by leaving it outside the front door; I was in all day and they didn't even knock.  It's lucky nobody from any of the other flats took it, as has happened to packages before.

Sounds like postal service in your area is gambling. Not so funny at all.

Hey, if it happens, it's primarily the retailer that ends up losing out from having to replace the item.  Obsidian/Paradox may want to reconsider their choice of delivery service next time around.