Withdraw Bug

Onuist

Question

My priest was the last man conscious in combat. I cast withdraw to heal. But that ended combat, which ended Withdraw's stasis, which denied me the spell's endurance and put me right back in combat as the monster stopped walking away and attacked me.

I cast it again because it was my last hope. Same thing. Finally the priest fell unconscious.

But my party, which the priest had fled, got back up when my he went down. No game over screen.

I'm glad that wasn't game over because I'm playing Path of Iron. But I wish Withdraw had just healed me and kept me in combat so that I could have won the fight legitimately. Or at least finished its stasis after combat ended, so the enemy would have walked away. Now I want to start over because it feels like cheating to continue.

Edited by Onuist
  • Like 1

1 answer to this question

I like your suggestions, and agree that what happened was not the ideal behavior for the game, but don't restart a Trial of Iron run on account of the game being weird.  It isn't like you knew the game was going to do that, and were deliberately abusing that behavior to win an encounter that you couldn't have won if the game had reacted as it should have.