How to Ranger? Or: Why can't I make Sagani awesome?

Swift aim + unique arbalest (x1.2 attack speed) + one talent that make shot ricochet = crazy fast multi target arbalest shooter.

Also fox is way too cute.

If you have cipher in team you can cast echo on fox and make it flank enemies (fox have really high move speed).

• 2 years later...

That moment when, three years later, you google "how to make Sagani better" and find a forum thread *that you wrote* asking the same topic

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Give Sagani Persistance (lvl 4 Endless Paths) and skill the fox for max damage with Predator's Sense, Merciless Companion + Vicious Companion, Takedown and Brutal Takedown (only has to overcome 1/4th of enemies' DR!). Rest will go into talents and abilites for the (hunting) bow. Do not take Swift or Vicious Aim because they collide with Twinned Arrows which you want to pick later.

It's an easy setup and makes her (and her fox) a great single target destroyer.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Give Sagani Persistance (lvl 4 Endless Paths) and skill the fox for max damage with Predator's Sense, Merciless Companion + Vicious Companion, Takedown and Brutal Takedown (only has to overcome 1/4th of enemies' DR!). Rest will go into talents and abilites for the (hunting) bow. Do not take Swift or Vicious Aim because they collide with Twinned Arrows which you want to pick later.

It's an easy setup and makes her (and her fox) a great single target destroyer.

Exactly this.

Plus Driving Flight that makes arrows go through enemies. I usually get 4 hits for each shot. That's 4 times proc whatever abilities you put on her.

Also alternate to Stormcaller bow with plus shock damage talent.

That'd be 40% chance with twin arrows + Driving Flight.

Oh and there's (chanter?) spells that AOE decrease shock resistance I believe. Don't remember exactly because at this point i don't even care.

Game has become too easy, just set A.I. and move attack with whole party and watch them do their stuff.

Can't wait for the improved A.I. from PoE2. The older I get, the less patience for microing I have lol.

Oh Boeroer, what gloves would you recommend for such Sagani build? Can't make up my mind. (Gauntlets of swift action are random loot yes?)

https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Gloves

I don't want to sound like the smartypants, but recurrent chances in such a setup don't simply add up but get multiplied. :)

You can calculate it like so:

Chance not to trigger = 0.9

Number of attacks=4

Chance not to trigger after 4 attacks is 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = ~0.66

Cance to trigger = ~0.34 or 34%

Still good though.

The chanter has an invocation called "Hel Hyraf..." that lowers enemies' universal DR by -5. But it's not that useful compared to Killers Froze Stiff for example which is on the same tier.

For dps Gauntlets of Swift Action are best of course, but they are rare and random loot, yes. Another alternative would be Mourning Gloves (not in the wiki list), then Gauntlets of Accuracy or Ryona's Vambraces (although those I always reserve for Pallegina if she's in the party). Most of the time I end up using Gauntlets of Accuracy.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't want to sound like the smartypants, but recurrent chances in such a setup don't simply add up but get multiplied. :)

You can calculate it like so:

Chance not to trigger = 0.9

Number of attacks=4

Chance not to trigger after 4 attacks is 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = ~0.66

Cance to trigger = ~0.34 or 34%

Still good though.

The chanter has an invocation called "Hel Hyraf..." that lowers enemies' universal DR by -5. But it's not that useful compared to Killers Froze Stiff for example which is on the same tier.

For dps Gauntlets of Swift Action are best of course, but they are rare and random loot, yes. Another alternative would be Mourning Gloves (not in the wiki list), then Gauntlets of Accuracy or Ryona's Vambraces (although those I always reserve for Pallegina if she's in the party). Most of the time I end up using Gauntlets of Accuracy. 

According to the wiki (and my gameplay) "And Hel Hyraf Crashed Upon the Shield" is a level 1 invocation, whereas "... Killers Froze Stiff" is a level 2 invocation.

Other than that, great advice as usual, Boeroer.

• Like 1