Exactly what is the difference between these two? Both give +20 Deflection "until damaged", except that Mirrored Image has a time limit in the description.

Which doesn't make much sense, as Mirrored Image is a 2nd Level Spell, and Wizard's Double is a 1st level...

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mirrored images has charges like iron skin. You start at 20 deflect and that chance get lowered each time you get hit.

Like 20 deflect.
*get hit*

Now you have 15 deflect.

Etc.

IIR the first lvl deflection skill only has ONE charge, making it a kinda useless spell.

Didn't do any testing, but as far as the descriptions go, Mirrored image works against multiple attacks, granting reduced deflection bonuses every time you are hit. I have no idea by how much the deflection it's reduced per hit.

Wizard's double will end immediately after you've been hit one.

That's also close to how the two similar 1st and 2nd level spells in BG2 worked, by the way.

Spell descriptions are pretty bad, but it's pretty much what others said already so Mirrored Image gradually loses it's bonus after you keep getting hit.

And by hit I mean any of graze/hit/crit.

Wizard's Double

+20 Deflection

1st hit -> 0 Deflection

Mirrored Image

+20 Deflection

1st hit -> +16 Deflection

2nd hit -> +12 Deflection

3rd hit -> +8 Deflection

4th hit -> +4 Deflection

5th hit -> +0 Deflection

• Like 2

Spell descriptions are pretty bad, but it's pretty much what others said already so Mirrored Image gradually loses it's bonus after you keep getting hit.

And by hit I mean any of graze/hit/crit.

Wizard's Double

+20 Deflection

1st hit -> 0 Deflection

Mirrored Image

+20 Deflection

1st hit -> +16 Deflection

2nd hit -> +12 Deflection

3rd hit -> +8 Deflection

4th hit -> +4 Deflection

5th hit -> +0 Deflection

Ah ha! Thank you.

Why is this stuff not in the game itself?!

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?