Ring of Combusting Flames (does it work?)

kelticpete

Question

I got this spellbinding combusting wounds ring.

it does not show up in abiltiies like the ring for arcane dampener does. 

it does not show up when equipped in PC's character sheet like other spellbind items.

only me? 

or does combusting flames just happen automatically?

8 answers to this question

Yep, it works.

If you click on the character portrait of whomever you gave it to, you should see the Combusting Wounds spell icon on the right. Click on that to cast it like a spell during combat.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Damage is applied as a bonus to other damage. It's not a true DoT effect.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Recently I've tested CW and can confirm, that in 3.02  proc dmg on hit  for Combusting Wounds DOESN'T  WORK  at all. No matter  whether  source's standard hit, DoT effect or Periodical "Pulsing" effect ( like wall of flame).

Step to reproduce: start fight with citizens/spawn a create  via console etc.; cast CW and  hit,no  dmg effect appear

save file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_r2YWU4IFaFODNtcmJRR3pHNnc

Hope it's going to  be fix it, it's an important affliction.

Question for devs : could someone   confirm,  how CW is supposed to work, I mean  in  some version CW's  dmg procced from standard hit + DoT effect (i.e wounding shots, wounding weapons like Tidefall)  + Pulsing  things ( chill fog, wall of flame, effects similliar for DoT, but dmg is substracted every time with DR), in other only from standard hit + Pulsing,  and with last update it's not even working with standart hit. So it's a lot of confusion here.

Pls make a respond

thanks in advance

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1

So it doesn't matter if damage comes from DoT effect like: wounding weapon,deep wounds etc, Pulsing thing like: Wall of flame,chill fog? Every tick of dmg should add  on it dmg from CW?

Edited by Gs11