Aren't traps a little pointless at the moment?

So, unless you have the super bad luck of stepping on a trap during combat (yeah... been there), aren't traps kind of pointless? Since, when you're out of combat, you heal immediately anyway.

I mean, overall, I like the health/endurance system, but it does make you feel a bit like an immortal outside of combat...

Well, free resources aren't getting any complaints from me. If they aren't triggered by the mobs that's some free cash I have by selling them. 2nd, you only heal endurance when you're out of combat. If you don't take the time to rest your health doesn't recover, which will lead to companions' death.

Have you seen how many boss battle guide revolve around using the petrify trap :p

He doesn't mean player use. He means if you're exploring and you see a trap, or rather don't see it. Since endurance regens out of combat, tripping the trap doesn't really have any consequences.

I think the counter to that is:

You lose a tiny bit of xp for not disarming.

You don't get to keep the trap after disarming it. (So you lose out on money if you just trigger them.)

You will probably take some health damage as well as endurance damage. May not be much but can still be annoying.

• Like 2

Stepping on a trap or two could easily mean you whole team needs to rest, especially on potd with maim turned off, trap has a real chance of killing your party members, and camping supplies are more limited. Of course with saving and reloading its a joke, but that's up to you.

As far using traps yourself, gaze of adragan trap is definitely good if you are willing to cheese, but for most part i find their cost prohibitive.

I dislike using traps when i know the encounter, and usually too lazy if i don't. The trapping style could be fun if they were more accessible and frankly better.

Nerf to petrify would help, other than that i would prefer if traps would strongly scale off mechanics too, and have a utility talent which allows you to hold onto traps after use, repair broken traps for 1/10 of their cost or automatically repair while resting.

So, unless you have the super bad luck of stepping on a trap during combat (yeah... been there), aren't traps kind of pointless? Since, when you're out of combat, you heal immediately anyway.

Your HP don't regenerate, and traps inflict HUGE damage. I've had 2/3rds of my party get maimed from a single trap outside of combat.