How long to beat the game? (Poll)

How long did you beat Pillars of Eternity?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you beat Pillars of Eternity on Completionist mode.

• 30-39 hours.
    • 40-45 Hours
    • 46-50 Hours
    • 51-55 Hours
    • 56-60 Hours
    • 61-65 Hours
    • 66-70 Hours
    • 71-75 Hours
    • 76-80 Hours
    • 81-100+ Hours

Maybe some people just take their time.

But doing what? Moving everywhere at walking speed?

I'm playing on an old rig, and a good amount of my playtime is spent on loading screens and quicksaving.

(Almost at 80 hours of play, and currently in Twin Elms, almost finished Caed Nua.)

Edited by BaronVonChateau

I think there will be a lot of variation based on the play speed (slow mode/fast mode) and on the level of completion of the whole game.

I personally had around 50 hours logged in steam when I finished the game, although probably about 5-10 of these were AFK with just the game open in the background. When I finished it, I did not complete od nua and some sidequests though, which I am currently doing.

I'm currently on 478 hours and I haven't even left the first city, I suffer from acute amnesia  in RL but I love reading about lore in any RPG so I logon to play the game, start reading all and every book...then logoff ...then logon again later  ...forget that I have in fact read  all the books and start reading them all  again...logoff again.... and the whole cycle starts again..   :aiee:

I suppose you could argue this has its benefits as I get maximum value from any game 

Why even bother buying more than 1 game in your life then? It's gonna stay fresh forever.

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat. 

I'm currently on 478 hours and I haven't even left the first city, I suffer from acute amnesia  in RL but I love reading about lore in any RPG so I logon to play the game, start reading all and every book...then logoff ...then logon again later  ...forget that I have in fact read  all the books and start reading them all  again...logoff again.... and the whole cycle starts again..   :aiee:

I suppose you could argue this has its benefits as I get maximum value from any game 

Why even bother buying more than 1 game in your life then? It's gonna stay fresh forever.

That's a good point, now if I could just remember what you are saying the next time I purchase a game  :ermm:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That's... a good point.

I'm not quite as extreme as BruceVC here w/regards to how slow I play games, but I'm still in the "takes-longer-than-almost-everyone-else-to-finish-games" camp. And, consequently, I find myself not buying many games. One or 2 per year....max.

An Elder Scrolls game (if I enjoy it) will typically keep me from buying another game for a whole year or more. I bought Skyrim, for example, in 2011. But between its gigantic DLCs and its Modding toolset, I found myself not wanting to browse Steam's store for something new until about midway into 2013!

Lately though, I've been a little more ADD. I bought D:OS last September. Then PoE a couple weeks ago, and right now I'm craving Witcher 3. So perhaps I'm finally beginning to behave like a regular gamer. Bad news for my bank account. lol

Edited by Stun

I clocked in at ~65ish hours to finish.  Over sixty is what I typically say it as, because that's what was promised.  I played on Normal, I did just about everything there was to do BESIDES things that I found outside of the desires of my character, so I *did* skip a few side-quests and leaves some stones unturned.  I did do all the bounties, all of the Endless Paths, etc etc. 

My final time sink, is that I always collect every book I find in the game, and then right before I go to what I believe to be the ending, I make a save wherever I've put all those books.  Then If it turns out I'm likely at the end of the game (no more books to find) I go back to that save and organize them and read all the books I've found.  That took quite a while - because it turns out there's a lot of books in this game lol.  Started doing that as a young lad playing BG1 and have kept doing it for any game with books.  The journal also has a HUGE amount of stuff in it that I hadn't really checked out yet so that sunk some more time lol. 

Edited by Gallenger

Main playthrough is about 93 hours and still pending:

-Levels 8-15 Od Nua.

-Lighthouse what?

-Some companion quests like Sagani's.

-Two of the initial four bounties (not sure what's after those).

-Birds.

-Jump into endgame after making a choice.

I have "wasted" some time reading the cyclo... er... bestiary. Checking recipes, gear, debating with myself about why sadly I must remove Sagani from the team, sightseeing, stuck in some conversation screens trying to decide what to choose, shopping, defending the stronghold,....

129 hours for me! Finished the Endless Dungeon, did 90%+ of the side quests and was reading most the books I found around the game work (Didn't skip any of the dialogue either as it was interesting).

Edited by kozzy

I too had some moments were i had no idea what to choose in convos, also i did reload sometimes just to test out an other option, it´s not like i deliberately rushed thru the game :D

Aye, wasn't trying to imply you were. :)

I'm always very slow the 1st time through any game. Whatever the "average" time is said to be to complete a game, inside my head I double or triple it, because I know that's how I am. Not sure exactly why. I'm not trying to go super slow. Just a combo of all things I mentioned above. I guess I just spend a ton of time in menus/inventory and sort of just "messing around" than actually playing in terms of progressing, if that makes sense. :lol:

On repeated playthrus, if I do any, it's always much much faster of course.

I´m the same, i try to spend as much time and explore read anything. The more i think about it, the more i realise that i could have spend more time in the game, i guess i had a hard time getting into the gameworld because my playtime was scattered for various reasons. I wouldn´t be surprised if the second game takes me longer than then first one, that´s the plan now anyway :)

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."