How long to beat the game? (Poll)

How long did you beat Pillars of Eternity?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you beat Pillars of Eternity on Completionist mode.

• 30-39 hours.
    • 40-45 Hours
    • 46-50 Hours
    • 51-55 Hours
    • 56-60 Hours
    • 61-65 Hours
    • 66-70 Hours
    • 71-75 Hours
    • 76-80 Hours
    • 81-100+ Hours

Where's the "I haven't finished the game yet" option?

...I think my last save, on the chr. that's farthest along, said something like 51 hours. They're in early Act3 currently working on the Paths and a certain big sidequest. Haven't actually played in a couple days tho (keep intending to, then not). Based on what I've read, I'd guess if I can motivate to finish, maybe 70-80 hours.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm...i feel strange when i read the answers :D

46h on normal. DId every quest i could find, all bounties, endless path, companion quests and read most books and dialogue (though i´m a fast reader). Not sure what you could even do in 120 hours without just standing around o.O

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

Not sure what you could even do in 120 hours without just standing around o.O

I don't know how the save files calculate "time" (eg, does it count when it's paused) but one thing I do know ... I spend an awful lot of time looking at/fiddling with my inventory, in shop windows, staring at the level-up windows trying to decide what darn thingie to choose, and of course the ever popular "walk away from the computer for semi-long periods while leaving the game loaded and still running with chrs. crouched in a corner somewhere."
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Slightly over 40 hours on Hard, doing all the quests, exploring all the areas. Though I kinda fast-tracked the first couple of hours because I decided to remake my main character and then just skipped the first act of the game.

Isn't the pool missing the 30-40 option?

I've actually spent a lot of time in this game reading, as well. I'll park somewhere for a couple of minutes and smoke a cigarette or eat a bowl of cereal or something, and read a couple of the lore books or adjust my equipment slightly or read some bestiary entries.

• Like 2

Isn't the pool missing the 30-40 option?

There's a limit on the choices. I edited it to 30-39 just to be sure. I doubt there's someone who'll beat the game under 30 hours. But who knows.

Considering my experience that would be no problem at all, if you want to.

I don´t know...i´m fine with my 46h (51 on steam..don´t know how the game counts it), the most value for me will come with future playthroughs anyway. However it was surprising, just before i got Pillars i played thru BG1 again -> 60h and my first game of Divinity OS took me 80h. So it seems a little bit low *shrug*

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, the man who never reads lives one."

I'd imagine people who stealthed everywhere and weren't using double-speed take a bit longer. At least, my time has sped up a lot when I started double-speeding it constantly.

At any rate...some people (me) can take a long time making choices in convos, too. I sometimes sit and stare at the options for a long time, spacing out or just wondering which one I want to go with. :blush:

I'd imagine people who stealthed everywhere and weren't using double-speed take a bit longer. At least, my time has sped up a lot when I started double-speeding it constantly.

At any rate...some people (me) can take a long time making choices in convos, too. I sometimes sit and stare at the options for a long time, spacing out or just wondering which one I want to go with. :blush:

Yeah, me too. When there's like more than 5 choices in a convo I'm like.. hmmmmmmmm.

True, i only stayed on normal speed+stealth all the time in the last lvls of endless path, thanks to the traps i couldn´t get rid of (very annoying). Most of the time i was in stealth and double speed because it IS very slow otherwise.

I too had some moments were i had no idea what to choose in convos, also i did reload sometimes just to test out an other option, it´s not like i deliberately rushed thru the game :D

As i said it´s not a problem for me, just a surprise, i like the game, and will play again after the next one or two patches when they cleared up the bugs a bit more ;)

It took me 60 hours to complete my first and only playthrough on normal difficulty.

I did all of the quests available to be and must have experienced at least 85% of the content.

What are people doing who spend more than 80 hours on a playthrough?

I too had some moments were i had no idea what to choose in convos, also i did reload sometimes just to test out an other option, it´s not like i deliberately rushed thru the game :D

Aye, wasn't trying to imply you were. :)

I'm always very slow the 1st time through any game. Whatever the "average" time is said to be to complete a game, inside my head I double or triple it, because I know that's how I am. Not sure exactly why. I'm not trying to go super slow. Just a combo of all things I mentioned above. I guess I just spend a ton of time in menus/inventory and sort of just "messing around" than actually playing in terms of progressing, if that makes sense. :lol:

On repeated playthrus, if I do any, it's always much much faster of course.

Note that time in the save file can be significantly different from your actual play time (tracked by Steam for instance), since it doesn't include parts that you replayed. Another interesting statistic would be the final time in the game world. 

That's your main character's Time in Party I think.

I'm genuinely curious how you take 80+ hours to finish this game.

My save time is about 55 hours, it's longer with reloads, but I don't know by how much because I got the game from GOG. I also haven't read all books, I put them in Caed Nua library and will return to read them when I have time.

I'm currently on 478 hours and I haven't even left the first city, I suffer from acute amnesia  in RL but I love reading about lore in any RPG so I logon to play the game, start reading all and every book...then logoff ...then logon again later  ...forget that I have in fact read  all the books and start reading them all  again...logoff again.... and the whole cycle starts again..   :aiee:

I suppose you could argue this has its benefits as I get maximum value from any game 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela