So in this buried secrets quest, I twist Wirtan's arm, crank the **** of his shoulder and then kill him, but apparently this isn't an aggressive action, but a passionate one. I never understood this.

Anyone have any explanation for this?

To be passionate is to act at the whim of your passions, your emotions. What you did was passionate because you did what you did because you were angry, either at him lying to you or at him leaving the Eothasians to rot. To be aggressive is to be willing to be assertive and forceful to get what you want. An aggressive character could be perfectly in control, utilizing their aggression to push people in to doing what they will. A passionate character on the other hand acts as their emotion dictates, they might at one minute proclaim the grandeur of the sunset and their love of mankind, but piss them off and they might also decide to rip your head off and mount it on a pike.

Edited by SilchasRuin
  • Like 2

It's a pity the choices you make don't have much impact on the game. On my second playthrough I play as the most vile and greedy person possible, and I've only been able to make Grieving Mother leave (then I reloaded  because I wanted to try the remaining companions too). Other than that, companions will take anything you throw at them. Killing a person to get a drug discount, lying to people and luring them to their deaths, siding with a cruel tyrant. I do all this and more and still enjoy heroic reputation, and I'm a friend of Gilded Vale.

Yeah I can understand that, I think the line is blurred between a lot of the choices though. For instance, when you do what I said in my OP you get a +1 to passionate, but if you straight up say "you lied" and then mash his face in, you don't get a +1 to aggressive.

It's a pity the choices you make don't have much impact on the game. On my second playthrough I play as the most vile and greedy person possible, and I've only been able to make Grieving Mother leave (then I reloaded  because I wanted to try the remaining companions too). Other than that, companions will take anything you throw at them. Killing a person to get a drug discount, lying to people and luring them to their deaths, siding with a cruel tyrant. I do all this and more and still enjoy heroic reputation, and I'm a friend of Gilded Vale.

Anything short of actually slaughtering everybody will get you that, yeah.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.