Possible game-breaking bug - Hermit of Hadred House quest *SPOILER*

Just read It will be  fixed in patch 1.04. Can anybody confirm ?

Early in Act 2 I decided to do some quests for all three factions in Defiance Bay (Doemenel, Crucible Knights, Dozens ) so I could get access to their shopkeepers. But only to the point where it doesn't interfere with others reputations.

It was like 20hrs of game-time ago. Now, I got back to quest Hermit of Hatred House where I need to get support for animacy hearing.

My reputations are

Doemenel - Scoundrel

Dozens - Ally

Crucible Knights - Hero

I want support from Knights BUT I can't get approval from them because of high reputation with Dozens. So I decided to fail quest for Dozens "Bronze Beneath the Lake" and lost reputation with them. It is no possible as there is no option to keep weapons or give them to Knights.

OK. So I decided to kill all Dozens in Expedition Hall. Result -> Reputation Scoundrel (Extremely Bad). So I am going back to Knights and ask them for support BUT it fails like before. They won't support me because I am friends with Dozens even with bad reputation. (I can't even get quest Winds of Steel)

So what now ?!

1. Support Dozens. (But I want to support Animancy)

2. Kill Dozens and Knights to lose reputations and have option to speak for myself during hearing.

Either way this breaks my game :( Did anybody encounter similar problem ? Is there any other way around ?

Edited by Entarion

Reputation doesn't matter. Whoever you start the 2nd quest (you started bronze beneath the lake) for will be your ally, so it's the Dozens for you. Lady Webb mentions Dunryd Row as a last resort, but I never got to try that.

I hope this will be fixed. Somehow. Retroactively. Because for me It's no going back. And I am not happy to side with Dozens or kill all so I can continue..

In 1.03 patch notes it says it has been fixed. And I started new game after this patch. So it should work for me but it obviously doesn't :/

Psychevore: Yay. Corrected. I always read it as Hatred..

Edited by Entarion

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say it's fixed with 1.04, but it isn't with Gog's 2.1.03 and 2.1.14 patches.   Not only do the factions continue to refuse to offer an invite, but  the Lady Webb isn't offering me one either.