Permanent stat increases?

Out of curiosity, how many permanent stat increases are there in the game? I've heard of the pool of blood where you can sacrifice companions, but I was thinking more along the lines of the books or the Machine of Lum the Mad from the Baldur's Gate series or the varied list of things from Planescape: Torment. There seem to be plenty of items, spells and consumables that increases stats, but not much that is permanent.

There's a few, you get a bevy of options with the Blood Sacrifice Quest and the Gods. So far I've found a +1 Might, 5% Endurance you can get from the machine in Teir Nowneth (Heritage Hill). +1 Perception and Lightning DR from the songbird quest in Twin Elms. The factions each give you a bonus (+2 DR from Knights, +5 Accuracy from Dozens, +0.3 Crit from Doemenals). You can get some bonuses from the Red Fangs in Twin Elms (can't remember, think it's DR and maybe Per again?) and one from either the Glanfathan Hunters (I don't know) or the Mercenaries (+0.1 crit) in a quest in the Northweald.

So far as I am aware, there are 2 opportunities to permanently increase stats. One of which, you've already referenced. The other is fairly close to the end of the game (and its a +1).

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

So far I've found a +1 Might, 5% Endurance you can get from the machine in Teir Nowneth (Heritage Hill).

How?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

So far I've found a +1 Might, 5% Endurance you can get from the machine in Teir Nowneth (Heritage Hill).

How?

Absorb the souls from the machine.

You get a pretty massive bump in Deceptive and Cruel for your trouble.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Hmm. I've only ever seen turn off and overload. Absorbing them hasn't even been redded out.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

There's a few, you get a bevy of options with the Blood Sacrifice Quest and the Gods. So far I've found a +1 Might, 5% Endurance you can get from the machine in Teir Nowneth (Heritage Hill). +1 Perception and Lightning DR from the songbird quest in Twin Elms. The factions each give you a bonus (+2 DR from Knights, +5 Accuracy from Dozens, +0.3 Crit from Doemenals). You can get some bonuses from the Red Fangs in Twin Elms (can't remember, think it's DR and maybe Per again?) and one from either the Glanfathan Hunters (I don't know) or the Mercenaries (+0.1 crit) in a quest in the Northweald.

Thanks. I had the +2 DR from the Knights and got the +0.1 Crit from the Mercenaries, but either didn't realize or forgot about them. The rest are either evil or endgame stuff which I haven't gotten to yet.

Hmm. I've only ever seen turn off and overload. Absorbing them hasn't even been redded out.

I suspect you have to fool somebody into feeding the undead scholar near the machine for him to tell you how to do it.

Thanks. I had the +2 DR from the Knights and got the +0.1 Crit from the Mercenaries, but either didn't realize or forgot about them. The rest are either evil or endgame stuff which I haven't gotten to yet.

I suspect you have to fool somebody into feeding the undead scholar near the machine for him to tell you how to do it.

Well, he needs living human flesh.  How many choices do you have in Heritage Hill?  Once you think that through, you get the Deceptive and Cruel bits.  I actually couldn't make myself do it because of that.

yup.  plenty of room to roleplay in this game.  even in potd, even SOLO, you can decide to play it "nice guy" and not take the bonuses from the machine or from the blood pool and still do just fine.

there's tons of equipment to give you boosts, and tons of food, and spells, and resting at inns....

+1 might isn't as important to me, as roleplaying your character to fit.  really bad if you're playing a shieldbearer paly for example; you might actually get enough of a cruel bent to lower your defense a notch.

as im on my second playthrough where im not roleplaying anymore im min/maxing

does it mean you have to choose the cruel dialogue options as much as possible to take the gits from the machine and to sacrificer a companion?

- is it possible to sacrifice more than one companion?

And as i read at the end by choosing a god it is possible to gain one stats of desire is that correct?

• Like 1

How can you get bonuses from Red Fangs (you have to sacrafice the child or it's the reward for killing the mercenaries?) ? 

Also, i think Dungeon Delver is bugged. According to my character sheet i'm getting +0.1 crit multiplier AND +2 stealth and +2 mechanics (i did imprison the mercenaries captain).

http://i.imgur.com/0FOwaKy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RkFAWNn.jpg

Edited by Looms

^

woah that's a ludicrously big deal... interesting.

@Bugged Wolf - um, gift from the machine I don't think you need cruel disposition for. I think you do for Blood Legacy.

That's correct. Gift from the Machine will give you Cruel disposition, though.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.