Cloak bug, floating with no physics.

alijan

Question

Cloaks have no physics or animation and just floats behind my characters. It's really ugly and awkward.

I have the newest version of the game 1.0.3 530, including the hotfix.

Specs:

Processor: intel i5 2500k 4.5 ghz

Ram: 16gb

Graphic card: zodiac Nvidia gtx 970 with newest driver 350.12

Here are some images of how the bug looks like looks like: 

TUYgHo7.jpg

94QpORp.jpg

VkKv9cW.jpg

Btw, it's a great game, enjoying it a lot, except for this bug :)

11 answers to this question

I just found out something that might help with further investigation of this. I have two windowses on my pc, I tried to run the game on the other windows i have on my other harddisk and there the cloaks work fine, dunno what might cause this, but mabe some files missing in my main OS?

SOLVED!

I installed, or re-installed the following things:

directx9c(full, now web version)

nvidia physics(i think it was the main candidate for cloaks physics problem)

visual c+

runtimepack

and it works now!

Hey!

Got this problem with capes again. Done every single thing You mentioned above with no results.
win 7 64bit, got game with White March 1 addon - v2.03.0788.PX1 from GoG.com.
I have reinstaled the visual C++ three times now and PhysX two times, still the capes dont move and stick out just like on pictures at start of the thread.

This awful  buglike, managed to keep me out of playing this masterpiece. Everytime i saw those still, wandering cloaks, couldn't drop the feeling that i am

playing some bad programmed b-game.

Probably by now, most of the players would have found a solution to this but i write what i found that worked for my win 8 PC perfectly.

Uninstalled all C++ redist (2005, 2008,2012 was installed on my PC) and dloaded and reinstall ALL packages (2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015).

Cloak gfx, physics, position ( cloaks remained up even when you die!!  :-P ) etc all worked fine.

I found the problem, install the "vcredist_x86" from 2010 and 2012 and thats it, problem solved. It worked for me, plus i followed all online guides, installed direct X 2010, also installed "vcredist_x64" and it didn't work. I thought for a minute since my windows is 64 bits i had no need to install vcredist 32 bits version which was "vcredist_x86", in the end i searched and found that installing 32 bits programs or files on 64 bits has no problem, only the contrary actually is bad (installing 64 bits files/programs when u have a PC 32 bits version). I believe that can also be of some help, since i just limited all the files to vcredist specifically, that bug didn't happen to me when i got pillars of eternity without expansions, so im guessing "vcredist_x86" isn't updating corretly the game with new expansions, it just stays out of date, requiring manual update on it.

Hope its get fixed this way for you all peps, this bug gave me such a awkward gaming, if i didn't fix it as soon as i installed with expansion i don't think i would continue playing.

• Like 1

I found the problem, install the "vcredist_x86" from 2010 and 2012 and thats it, problem solved. It worked for me, plus i followed all online guides, installed direct X 2010, also installed "vcredist_x64" and it didn't work. I thought for a minute since my windows is 64 bits i had no need to install vcredist 32 bits version which was "vcredist_x86", in the end i searched and found that installing 32 bits programs or files on 64 bits has no problem, only the contrary actually is bad (installing 64 bits files/programs when u have a PC 32 bits version). I believe that can also be of some help, since i just limited all the files to vcredist specifically, that bug didn't happen to me when i got pillars of eternity without expansions, so im guessing "vcredist_x86" isn't updating corretly the game with new expansions, it just stays out of date, requiring manual update on it.

Hope its get fixed this way for you all peps, this bug gave me such a awkward gaming, if i didn't fix it as soon as i installed with expansion i don't think i would continue playing.

This worked for me =) thanks man!

I have this issue and tried everything mentioned. I deleted reinstalled all Visual C++ from  2005-2019. Deleted and reinstalled Nvidia PhysiX. Verified game files. Tried to run in compability mode as admin. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Still nothing works.

So apparantly this bug is in the game since release, which means almost 5 years. For Christ's sake Obsidian, can you tell us the reason for this bug? At least you should know what exactly causes it if you are not willing to patch it out. -.-

Or at least give us the option to completely turn off capes/cloaks visibility.

And I don't intend to reinstall Windows just to find out that it also wouldn't work. Until then, I will not continue to play the game.

Edit: My suspicion is that it has something to do with the Unity engine, more precisely with the ShroudUnityPlugin. But how on earth should I fix that? -.-

Edited by cuksn