Do weapons affect any abilities accuracy at all?

Hey all,

I just want to clear something up: Do weapon accuracies affect any abilities at all? I suspect not, but let's say if you equip Eder with the magical +40 accuracy sword of awesome vs his rusty hatchet - does that affect how often he will be able to land his knocksdowns?

Which +accuracy bonuses DO affect such abilities? I'm guessing that buffs and non-weapon-spesific +accuracy gear does?... I'ts not really clear though :)

-Stigma

Any ability that relies on a weapon attack to apply an effect uses the weapon's accuracy for the attack itself, but there is a separate roll to determine if the effect is applied, I do not think it uses your weapon's accuracy to determine this.

Edited by SilchasRuin

Any Ability during which you perform an attack relies on Accuracy, such as a Fighter's Knockdown and a Rogue's Blinding Strike and so on and so forth, and you thus benefit from whatever amount of Accuracy you have with the weapon with which you perform the attack.

If you have something that is not specifically part of your weapon attack(s), it will still benefit from +Accuracy from other sources. For example, if your Wizard has +5 Accuracy on his sword, his spells will not become better, because he is not actually performing a melee attack with his spells. If he has +5 Accuracy from an Amulet, it will apply to his Spells.

The system isn't very.. clear, but that's that's how it's supposed to work.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

Knockdown has two effects: a full attack and a prone vs. fortitude

The prone vs. fortitude is an ability check and not a weapon check.

Edit: I just tested it again to be sure. Apparently the +12 accuracy for wielding a single weapon doesn't work with the actual knockdown, but +accuracy enchants on weapons do work with it. And because its an ability check, it also gains a 1*level accuracy bonus. This is pretty convoluted.

Edited by Ruminate
  • Like 1

Ok so this is clear as mud...

when doing a knockdown that is an attack + the knockdown effect. it makes sense that the weapon accuracy affects the attack part - but from what you say it does not affect the knockdown part. Does that mean that it DOES help in some small measure because it is essentially a double-check to land knockdown? (need to hit + need to land knockdown) or can you actually miss and also at the same time sucessfully knockdown? ...

I are confuse.

-Stigma

The weapon needs to graze, hit, or crit before the game rolls again to check whether the knockdown occurs. So, there are two rolls if the weapon hits(the weapon check and the knockdown check), but only one roll if the weapon misses(the weapon check).

T722lwa.png

I've done some tests to be able to answer your other questions properly, but they already have been answered. All the above gentlemen are right. Here's an example ^

That fighter has 86 accuracy for auto attacks (this includes the "superb" bonus). The same accuracy applies to the knockdown effect + 12 ability acc bonus for being level 12

This applies to abilities done with the wielded weapon.

Any Ability during which you perform an attack relies on Accuracy, such as a Fighter's Knockdown and a Rogue's Blinding Strike and so on and so forth, and you thus benefit from whatever amount of Accuracy you have with the weapon with which you perform the attack.

If you have something that is not specifically part of your weapon attack(s), it will still benefit from +Accuracy from other sources. For example, if your Wizard has +5 Accuracy on his sword, his spells will not become better, because he is not actually performing a melee attack with his spells. If he has +5 Accuracy from an Amulet, it will apply to his Spells.

I would agree with you, logically this makes complete sense... however, has anyone made any tests to substantiate this theory? Is it possible to see the accuracy rolls in the combat log when casting spells etc, to definitively or quantitatively to prove that this is the case? 

I would agree with you, logically this makes complete sense... however, has anyone made any tests to substantiate this theory? Is it possible to see the accuracy rolls in the combat log when casting spells etc, to definitively or quantitatively to prove that this is the case? 

It was confirmed by BAdler in a discussion on Accuracy near the end of the Beta. I suggested that all Accuracies should be listed in the character sheet, because the game is actually capable of separating between "Melee Accuracy" and "Ranged Accuracy" and so on, but only shows "Accuracy" based on what weapon you have equipped, and while (most?) spells use Ranged Accuracy, modifiers that apply specifically to your weapon (Even if that weapon also uses Ranged Accuracy, say, a bow) only apply to the weapon, not to spells.

So as with most things, it's all clear as mud.

t50aJUd.jpg