Well, he certainly made his point very clear. But I'm surprised that the mobs seem to have infinite uses of their spells. Had always assumed they'd have just as much of a limited spell usage as the player's chars

• Like 1

Well, he certainly made his point very clear. But I'm surprised that the mobs seem to have infinite uses of their spells. Had always assumed they'd have just as much of a limited spell usage as the player's chars

Nope. In one of my PotD fights a lot of my guys got KO'd and it came down to my fighter tank and a Xaurip Champion. I would have attritioned him out, except he used Lay on Hands on himself 27 times. Eventually he got through all of the Fighter's Health, negating his Constant Recovery.

Xaurips don't play fair.

• Like 2

Nope. In one of my PotD fights a lot of my guys got KO'd and it came down to my fighter tank and a Xaurip Champion. I would have attritioned him out, except he used Lay on Hands on himself 27 times. Eventually he got through all of the Fighter's Health, negating his Constant Recovery.

Xaurips don't play fair.

Yeah, I had a similar situation, except I had another person still up and they were able to finish the critter off after about five minutes.  Infinite spell use is ridiculous cheating.

That said, I kinda appreciated it in another fight where it came down to Eder and the guy whom a) Eder couldn't damage, and b) kept casting fireballs on top of the both of them until he killed himself.

Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown pillar! ... Knockdown ....

I wish my priest could do that in every single fight.

and it seems enemies do not have health, you cant down a fighter with constant recovery trough health, if you dont have dps to cancel out his constant recovery hell stand fighting forever

• Like 1

PIllars of eternty (Hard) 1st playtrough: 155h, 38 m (main Ranger with bear(bow), Eder, Durance(off tank), Hirvais(off tank), Kana(ranged), Aloth/GM)
PIllars of eternty (PtoD) 2nd playtrough: 88h 30 m (main Bleak Walker Paladin, Eder, Barbarian, Monk, Rogue (ranged) Cypher(wand)
(not counting reloads and experimenting)
status i love the game, hate the bugs, and wish for better AI and Pathfinding

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78749-needed-qualyty-of-life-improvements-information-and-transparency/

Well...that certainly puts a crimp in solo (or even 2 or 3 perhaps). Enemy unlimited casting? Was that actually intentional? Does it happen outside of PoTD? They should remove that "feature". It's just a tad on the silly side. :getlost: Sorry, Obs, but it is. Giving AI some advantage is one thing, but that's just ...

My full-sized Normal party never noticed this, since they whomp mostly everything fairly quickly, outside of a few certain encounters. Haven't gotten around to tiny or solo parties yet.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah I'm in favor of enemy npcs using the same classes, features and limitations as us. More realistic and fair that way. If I'm fighting a bleak walker, and I'm a bleak walker myself, it'd be silly that he can somehow use his abilities unlimited times while I cant. Just as an example

• Like 1

I found it amusing. I clicked on him expecting that he would sometimes miss hiss roll and fail the spell, where I would have a chance to run and kill him.

Then I went to have breakfast and came back, which is when I took the screen shot. No success. LOAD!

^ Oh stuff like that can definitely be a chuckle. I just find it wrong to design like that. :)

Reminds me of some RTS games where the enemy AI basically can spawn new units forever endlessly even with no resources left.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well...that certainly puts a crimp in solo (or even 2 or 3 perhaps). Enemy unlimited casting? Was that actually intentional? Does it happen outside of PoTD? They should remove that "feature". It's just a tad on the silly side. :getlost: Sorry, Obs, but it is. Giving AI some advantage is one thing, but that's just ...

My full-sized Normal party never noticed this, since they whomp mostly everything fairly quickly, outside of a few certain encounters. Haven't gotten around to tiny or solo parties yet.

I suspects it happens outside of PoTD too, as I remembered Dank Spores seem to have a seemingly endless supply of domination on my team. 

Edited by brionkj

disabling conditions counterplay mechanics are disabled in PoE.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

This is actually pretty common - I read a fascinating article by the Galactic Civilizations lead, Brad Wardell, about that.  His point was that computer AIs in virtually all games aren't playing by anything like the same rules that the players are.  GalCiv was actually an exception - the rules for players and AIs are identical in that game, and it's arguably the most challenging AI on the market.    (It helps that it's a space game, which means no real "terrain", and that it has deliberately simple rules.

To make the AI tractable they give unlimited spells, but a restricted number of them.  Otherwise the AI would have to choose between dozens of options.  It's the same reason why the IE games gave you "orc archer" and "orc warrior", in a system where all of the players can use either bows or swords.