Two-handed Axe petition

I'm little bit disappointed about the lack of RPG iconic/classic two-handed Axe weapon.

Pollaxe is a complety different weapon that haven't nothing to do with. Don't understand the devs choice.

What do you think guys? It will be possible to do a properly two-handed Axe as future update?

Bye

Phant

• Like 7

only if they can talk

They should have had all the companions be gear you wear, so a talking sword, talking boots, etc.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Cod-piece revolver or bust.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Only if I can have Two-Handed Warhammers.

Agree.

Also don't understand Estocs and Pikes.

Bye

Phant

Whats not to understand?

It would be nice to have the classic 2h sledges and double-headed axes, just because. Outside of polearm variants though I dunno how practical either are/were irl which is probably why we have poleaxes instead.

Maybe in the expansion?

They went with a more realistic/historic portrayal of weapons than many rpg-s, so while they would be nice and probably hella cool I doubt they would introduce them outside perhaps some sort of unique version of a poleaxe or hatchet, for example "The Axe of Grognak"

The Estoc is a real type of triangular bladed sword good only for stabbing, like a big smallsword.

They went with a more realistic/historic portrayal of weapons than many rpg-s, so while they would be nice and probably hella cool I doubt they would introduce them outside perhaps some sort of unique version of a poleaxe or hatchet, for example "The Axe of Grognak"

The Estoc is a real type of triangular bladed sword good only for stabbing, like a big smallsword.

Dual wielding is not realistic sorry. 

And a Pike is way less practical without mass formation. I'd rather have a 2h Axe/Warhammer in small scale melee. 

• Like 1

Pollaxe is a complety different weapon that haven't nothing to do with. Don't understand the devs choice.

I'm guessing that the devs wanted to ground he weaponry in our reality, and apparently axes like the one in your avatar were never a thing in combat. Double-bitted axe were either ceremonial (in Greece) or forestry tools.

It would be nice to have the classic 2h sledges and double-headed axes, just because. Outside of polearm variants though I dunno how practical either are/were irl which is probably why we have poleaxes instead.

I think in real life the equivalent of the fantasy warhammer (the one with a huge head, one-handed or two-handed) was just a very big mace.

I'm guessing that the devs wanted to ground he weaponry in our reality, and apparently axes like the one in your avatar were never a thing in combat. Double-bitted axe were either ceremonial (in Greece) or forestry tools.

I think in real life the equivalent of the fantasy warhammer (the one with a huge head, one-handed or two-handed) was just a very big mace.

Well there wasn't really an equivalent to the classic fantasy 2h mace. The irl counterpart would be a crows beak which is just a warhammer on a longer shaft. That said, I'm all for rule of cool overriding things. Gimme a massive flaming sledgehammer to whack people with.