Personally I would prefer that they expand on what they already got.  Add more gods in for priests, more paladin orders, animal companions for rangers, more spells for Wizards, etc.

• Like 11

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Honestly, I have no interest in more classes. The game already has a lot of classes to choose from, and the selection is diverse - I would argue even too diverse, in some regards.

The bases are covered. I'd much rather see expanded content for existing classes. New Abilities at all levels comes to mind. Fine-tuning and balancing. Expanded class levels even if it's just for systemic purposes (up to level 20, even if the game with expansions is capped at level 12-16).

I want more stuff and more options, not another class. I want to have an aura that makes all my allies do Flame damage with every attack, as a Paladin. I want racial Talents. I want to see the Weapon Focus Talents changed and have more and more diverse Weapon Focus Talents.

Classes? An even 12 would be nice, but I honestly have no real interest in it.

Kits could be nice, but with Culture, Backgrounds and free Ability and Talent picks, I cannot see what would be gained from it that couldn't be done with an increased number of diverse Abilities and Talents for pre-existing Classes.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 4

t50aJUd.jpg

I'd like to see class specializations tied to national origin.

Is your Barbarian a Naasitaq Wanderer from outside civilization, a Rauatai Pillager from the fringes of civilization,  or a Aedyr Anarchist born in civilization but rejecting it?

Edited by RedSocialKnight

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

I'm with the above opinions: the current suite of classes seems fine. I don't even think they need to add multi-classing.

More diversity of skills, talents, backgrounds, and perhaps a new race would be good though.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'm in the "current classes are enough, and could use more development" camp.  Adding more classes would mean more dev time spent on balancing and testing those classes, instead of tweaking the existing ones. Can't have both, with limited studio resources.

I like it when a player has the freedom to dream up a character concept like "Swashbuckler" or "Necromancer" using the existing classes, instead of it being served up on a plate as a full class. All we need are enough spells and talents that allow that kind of thing.

• Like 2

Rogues are already pirates

Thus Humans needs more racial variations, they are really rushed, and you can see that

• -Meadow for Fighters, Paladins and Tanky Priests or mages(battlemages needs love)
  • -Seafolk for Rogues, Chanters and Cyphers
  • -Savannah(TRUE NORDS!) for Barbarians, Rangers and Druids

Also for future classes and updates

• Animancers will be the next Class, they are alerady ingame and they are loved in other kingdoms like valian republics, thus there are hints of animancers who became necros
  • Death Knight Build for plated animancers or Necros would be awesome
  • Warlocks, but there are no hints of demonology or Engwithitans working on that, unless this belongs to Woedica and Skaen, im reading all of the books ingame(call me nerd)
  • Call me crazy, but Druid summoning animal spirits would be awesome

I'm in the "current classes are enough, and could use more development" camp.  Adding more classes would mean more dev time spent on balancing and testing those classes, instead of tweaking the existing ones. Can't have both, with limited studio resources.

I like it when a player has the freedom to dream up a character concept like "Swashbuckler" or "Necromancer" using the existing classes, instead of it being served up on a plate as a full class. All we need are enough spells and talents that allow that kind of thing.

This.

The game is largely built on a modular foundation. Attributes affects everyone equally, anyone can use any weapon, anyone is affected the same way by armour.

It would be very odd if they left this particular design philosophy and suddenly gave is prefab classes or kits. They could've made a multitude of kits already, but instead we choose Abilities and Talents on a level-by-level basis. Why would they uproot that?

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

I'd like to see a series of Talents which look to your Culture and Background for requirements. For example, I'd like to see the Weapon Focus Talents redesigned according to your previous Background (ex: Weapon Focus Mercenary), and class-specific Talents which vary according to your Culture, thus creating 7 different variations of Fighter, etc.

• Like 1

They could've made a multitude of kits already, but instead we choose Abilities and Talents on a level-by-level basis. Why would they uproot that?

I don't think they need to uproot it.

You could simply add in a bunch of race-specific and nation-specific class talents -- giving players the option to nationalize or racialize a character as much or little as they like.

But it would be nice to have talents with a bit more flavor, like the New Vegas perks. The ones in the game now are a little drily mechanical.

[words]

Ha! Jinx.

Edited by RedSocialKnight

DID YOU KNOW: *Missing String*

Peasant

You throw rocks at people to attack.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

The current selection of classes covers things pretty well. I'll parrot the "specialization" aspect though. It'd be great to have more race/culture/deity/character history-based talents/abilities. Stuff that can be used to really define a very specific (or diverse) sub-set of any given class based on who and what they are would be extremely cool. Wouldn't have to be too involved though, maybe just a couple talents (or even additional attribute boosts?) based on the character creation options.

/shrug Something like that maybe. Basically, I'd like to see the current selection given a few more options.

• Like 1

I think we're good on number of classes. I would prefer more specialization. All classes have specific things unique to them, carnage/constant recovery/etc. it would be cool to have talents that modify these in interesting ways.

Like constant recovery takes an hp/s hit to become a small aura or carnage only hits 1 additional target with accuracy/damage bonuses. Perhaps some unintuitive stuff like -1 spell uses for wizard in exchange for various bonuses.

• Like 1