Hey,

Just getting used to the game. Am I missing something or is it a real hassle to play a character with per rest abilities?

My primary team is 2 Fighters, 4 Chanters. I can run through fights non stop, rarely needing to stop or rest except to refresh "health" when my character gets tired.

I tried a mixed team with Priests, Wizards and Druids and it's absolutely horrible. I spend more time running back to the inn & buying camping supplies (since I can only hold 4?!) than I do adventuring. It's not the power of the characters that's the issue, it's the fact that I can only use my abilities a couple of times before I have to camp. I can't even clear a floor without resting -- whereas on my primary team I cleared the top 4 floors of Endless Paths without camping once.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to increase the number of camping supplies you can carry or refresh Priest/Druid spells without camping (or running all the way back to an inn)?

Thanks!

You can't use all of your spells every encounter you kind of have to save them up. You can still get your spell characters to put out some damage or even tank.

I turned Durance into a great Tank especially with his priest buffs since their Accuracy is so low. But I really only need him buffing/debuffin using AoE spells on really large encounters or hard encounters. The rest of them i just let him charge and tank.

You might want to check out a Cipher who can cast as long as he has focus which is pretty easy to build up.

Priest accuracy is equal to other classes if you take your +10 accuracy with 2 weapons talent.

Priests have incredibly useful and powerful buffs, crowd control, and damage spells, plus a few weaker debuffs and are very strong to add to any group. The per rest holy radiance and interdiction abilities when upgraded further with talents are fantastic combat openers to get a strong advantage at the start of combat.

*per encounter I meant

I like to take:

+5 accuracy on holy radiance

Interdiction

+10 double weapon accuracy

+10 interdiction accuracy

Weakness on Interdiction

And those priests can easily turn the tide of many difficult encounters in your favour particularly with their buffs and CCs.

Edited by Mungri

I'm playing a Wizard and they rock, not sure what the issue is people are having with them.  Okay, so their spells are per rest, but they get a lot of them especially as you level up and you get other abilities that are per encounter such as Arcane Assault and Grimoire Slam.  And this may mark me as sad but I really enjoy being able to sit there mulling over which spells to put into my Grimoire and taking down another Wizard and being able to steal his Grimoire is a moment of glee for me...

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Yeah, you're doing something wrong. Most players I know that plays on Hard have no trouble surviving on 2 Camping Supplies. If anything, the Per-Rest limitations (or rather, resting limitations themselves) aren't nearly draconic enough.

The more I play, the more I see how a "resting area" system would've been preferable, with resting not only being limited by supplies, but by location, so no resting in dungeons without being attacked by enemies in the middle of sleeping, no sleeping in cities without being pushed away by guards or attacked by thugs, and resting in the wilderness should have a small chance of seeing you attacked by animals, trolls or brigands.

The only safe spot should be designated resting areas and inns. You're meant to conserve your powers, not blow everything at every turn, at every encounter. Having a mixed team of nothing but Druids, Priests and Wizards is shockingly stupid, and it should be.

Well. Until level 9, when everything breaks and any semblance of balance is thrown out the window.

Edited by Luckmann
  • Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg

You could easily get by with a mixed team of Druids, Priests, and Wizards. You'd just have to build and play them correctly. It's not stupid at all, actually it'd probably be a whole lot of fun. 

When it comes to resting. If you're having to constantly run back to an inn to buy supplies, you're using way too many abilities per encounter. As you go along, you should get a feel of what things are dangerous and what aren't. A large number of fights can be moved through only using encounter abilities, especially if you're only playing on Hard. Abilities are there to control things more than they are to kill monsters. One too many trolls to tank? Focus one down with a couple spells and front end the fight with defense and accuracy buffs. Even the large fights should only take a few casts off your hands, it's the fights that start turning into death that warrant a full deployment of everything you've got. Buy and craft food, it'll do wonders in dungeons and extend how long you can go before having to rest. If you're resting for spells with no one near threat of running out of health, you're doing something wrong. 

You could easily get by with a mixed team of Druids, Priests, and Wizards. You'd just have to build and play them correctly. It's not stupid at all, actually it'd probably be a whole lot of fun. 

When it comes to resting. If you're having to constantly run back to an inn to buy supplies, you're using way too many abilities per encounter. As you go along, you should get a feel of what things are dangerous and what aren't. A large number of fights can be moved through only using encounter abilities, especially if you're only playing on Hard. Abilities are there to control things more than they are to kill monsters. One too many trolls to tank? Focus one down with a couple spells and front end the fight with defense and accuracy buffs. Even the large fights should only take a few casts off your hands, it's the fights that start turning into death that warrant a full deployment of everything you've got. Buy and craft food, it'll do wonders in dungeons and extend how long you can go before having to rest. If you're resting for spells with no one near threat of running out of health, you're doing something wrong.

Well, actually, I guess you're right, in that while I'd still consider it stupid, it could probably be a lot of fun, and pretty far from viable. The two priests and druids could probably fulfil any tanking duties quite competently. Especially Priests should have no issues building for being battle-priests, which could save you from having to use a whole bunch of spells per encounter.

t50aJUd.jpg

I have to say DnD priest/druid/wizard spells I liked a lot better. Basically because of prebuffs and duration of those buffs. Iron Skin. The Emotion Buffs/Debuffs just to name a couple.

Its not that the priests buffs here aren't as good in terms of gameplay its just adds so much more micromanaging to their classes. I mean the DnD buffs not only lasted hours in the game but hours in real life. Not 30 seconds per spell per encounter.

It just a lot more clicks. Honestly prefer real time pause combat. But if you are going to add that much detail I would have been partial to stronger enemies, less quantity, and tactical combat. Especially without NPC scripts. Where you could just set the script up and the NPC would fire off their buff spells or AoE attacks etc. Plus DnD also had them Wizard Spell Containers (forget name) where you could preload 3-5 spells in there. Cast one spell and all 5 would happen.

So really the game is just missing Scripts. That would solve so much and eliminate so much clicking, time, and managing.