The game is good but 0/10 for the useless crap NPC talk about quit now

Sorry but there's too much useless banter with my NPC,s and other comms, keep it simple I feel like im having to click through 10+ messages when a simple 3 line explanation will do, ie like icewind dale II.

The game mechanism is great but you made me quit after 5 hours due to senseless talking for talking sake, i dont want 7 convo options.

im just clicking as fast as i can to get the summery because i dont have 10 minutes to wait to be told how to boil a egg..

This waffle ruined the best game possibly ever

Wow... just... wow.

Wow.

Wow.

WOW.

Nope, I'm still awake. Sad.

[/too much text for OP]

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

i dont want 7 convo options.

Would it help if OE color the right, polite answer blue and the bad, wrong answer red?

Nonono... it's not bad ... it's renegade. You know... like being da cool pimp vs. the virgin...

Edited by Zwiebelchen
  • Like 1

Sorry but there's too much useless banter with my NPC,s and other comms, keep it simple I feel like im having to click through 10+ messages when a simple 3 line explanation will do, ie like icewind dale II.

The game mechanism is great but you made me quit after 5 hours due to senseless talking for talking sake, i dont want 7 convo options.

im just clicking as fast as i can to get the summery because i dont have 10 minutes to wait to be told how to boil a egg..

This game isnt for you.

I heard GTA just released today.

The game needs more voice acting. I cannot read continuously without my brain flying off to a different plane of existence.

Having trouble with the games combat on POTD, Trial of Iron?

- Hurtin bomb droppin MONK - [MONK BUILD] - [CLICK HERE]

- Think Rangers suck? You're wrong - [RANGER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

- Fighter Heavy Tank - [FIGHTER BUILD] + Tactics/Strategies - [CLICK HERE]

Despite what I may post, I'm a huge fan of Pillars of Eternity, it's one of my favorite RPG's.

Anita Sarkeesian keeps Bioware's balls in a jar on her shelf.

Always choose 1st line - it will help and...YES, you will skip all this useless and boring "speech stuff"

Assuming this isn't a troll attempt:

Are you complaining about the banter/talks with the recruited NPCs? If so, just make your own and leave them behind. Or ignore them.

Or are you talking about the dialog/script in the overall game? If that's the case, I have to ask if you did any research whatsoever into what you were getting with this game? All that onerous reading is one of the big selling points of the game, as it's heavily story driven. Having said that, it's probably easy enough to just ignore the dialog, click through it without reading, and just choose options at random. You'll still be able to finish the game, I think.

Conversely, perhaps it's just not the game for you. I'd say you may want to avoid CRPGs and concentrate on ARPGs instead. And just a heads up: don't bother with Torment:Tides of Numenera when it releases. It's going to have even more dialog than this one.

I agree with you OP. Except that I have a different quarrel with some of the design decisions made. The game would be good and I would give it 10 out of 10 if it weren't for its complete lack of first person shooting sequences and car tuning. I mean, why would anyone make a RPG without some fast-paced World War II shooting and some nice, technical vehicle tuning? wtf?

• Like 1

Not sure if serious or just trolling...

If those are your preference, I'm afraid, Colwyn, that you picked the wrong game, and one made by the wrong company. This game was known before release to contain a lot of writing, and Obsidian and the team working on it was quite famous, and appreciated for, their previous titles which also featured a lot of writing and 10+ conversation options.

PoE is (sort of) suspposed to be more about the narration of a story than it is about ploughing through hordes of enemies (which you get to do anyway), and that is probably why you're so disgruntled with it.

And, to be fair, I find the dialogues in PoE to be more similar to those in IWD than to those from other, more writing-heavy games.

I’m selling these fine leather jackets.

Not sure if serious or just trolling...

lol this is the kind of posts you see over at steam, apparently they can no longer contain them over there

OP, I hear Golden Axe is like PoE but with much less dialog- maybe you try that

Edited by Exyll

Re: useless crap

• make your own game
  • write your own story
  • create your own characters
  • do your own voice acting
  • see if anyone wants to play it

I find the title of your post to be laughable. If you think the banter is useless crap talk about it with your friends over a beer or take it up here with maturity and respect. I'll leave it to others to tear the rest of your nonsensical post apart. Good grief.

Also, hi everyone! I love how stupid posts like these bring us all together. :grin:

Edited by cloudline

The game needs more voice acting. I cannot read continuously without my brain flying off to a different plane of existence.

Isn't that rather the point?

• Like 1

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -Marcus Aurelius