First I'd like to thank all devs and backers for bringing this wonderful game to us, It's great! But so far, the only thing that keeps me from enjoying it fully is the stronghold turn-based tax system. I understand that it was implemented to restrict money farming by resting, but I really hope it gets reverted to fixed timescale someday. If someone wants to rest 21 times to collect ~1000 gold, for the love of Berath LET HIM. I want to be able to calculate if I can afford hirelings instead of hoping that the tax comes before payday...

Adventures are also the same proble, I'd like to know for how long a party member will stay locked in an adventure instead of guessing.

• Like 5

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If someone wants to cheat all they need to do is type in GivePlayerMoney X, it's not that hard. Right now with hirelings I just lose money. Even without them I get 200-300cp. With the thousands I have put into it I will be lucky to make any real profit by the end of the game. Now if this game had a randomly generated quest system or something then that would be fine. Or, in the very least, put hirelings  on the same timetable. It's kind lore breaking that time stands still for the whole world save for the select few that you hired and a small handful of events. Time passes or it doesn't. I'd prefer if time DID but both is just kinda awkward. 

As of the moment the Stronghold functions as little more than a money dump, getting rid of thousands of coppers that would fill our purses to the breaking point. I do like our little prison and the ability to send people there, even if its bizarre that they just get transported there without any inconvenience to myself. Otherwise the place is just player housing on top of the single largest dungeon in the game. But after Caed Nua is finished the resting bonuses acquired there might seems weak sauce when compared to the high end tavern bonuses we see later in the game. 

Edited by Venatio
  • Like 1

I agree with this.  The tax system first confused me, then I figured it out finally.  Well sort of.  I end up with unpaid hirelings.  Even if I have coppers I can't contribute to the pay and I have no idea when or how much tax I will get.  I even did a search trying to find an explanation with no luck.  I love the stronghold but it can also be annoying.

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg

The most annoying thing for me is not how I collect taxes but how and why I do it. I reside in a ruined castle and somehow for some unknown reason some people of the countryside acknowledge me as their lord and start paying me taxes I didn't even ask in the 1st place. And what do I do with them? I go and buy gear for my adventure. How stupid is this whole idea?

• 4 weeks later...