If you have the 3d unity asset file for the missile, copy over it with an older version and it should work. It's like what happened to the "draining" attribute. Twice. Should be in assetbundles/prefabs

Also fixing some companion animation glitches could use that method as well, I found out.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Unfortunately I do not possess an older version of that file : \

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It is a shame that wizards are a liability to the grp 80% of the time cuz he isn't casting spells like a wizard should but just shooting his weak pew pew rod while the rest of the guys are laughing at him. The "spell mastery" is a joke, one spell per encounter? :|

I like the missile spells coupled with penetrating shot to take down the dangerous opponents early, but they work as scrolls too on any other class!

Wizards and druids are hands down the most underwhelming classes in this game.

Edited by Dorftek

It is a shame that wizards are a liability to the grp 80% of the time cuz he isn't casting spells like a wizard should but just shooting his weak pew pew rod while the rest of the guys are laughing at him. The "spell mastery" is a joke, one spell per encounter? :|

I like the missile spells coupled with penetrating shot to take down the dangerous opponents early, but they work as scrolls too on any other class!

Wizards and casters in general is what makes poe too easy even on highest difficulties imo . Edited by Blunderboss
  • Like 1

The 3 casters are easily the strongest classes, and Wiz the best of best. Not sure why anyone would think them underwhelming.

Agreed. Wizards are absolutely incredible. I know when I first started PoE I didn't think they were such good dmg dealers until I realized I normally used buffs on my Priest! Get a wizard going with some good Priest buffs and god watch out.

@Dorftek....if the casters could spam spells they would be so OP it would be ridiculous. Even 1-2 well placed spells can totally turn the tide of a tough fight. A couple self buffs with Concelhauts staff will even put out a ton of dps. And on those tough fights when you really want to unload....my god. I just did the first round of bounties at level 7 with my current team. Let Aloth unload in each fight....it was a joke.

• Like 1

The 3 casters are easily the strongest classes, and Wiz the best of best. Not sure why anyone would think them underwhelming.

Agreed. Wizards are absolutely incredible. I know when I first started PoE I didn't think they were such good dmg dealers until I realized I normally used buffs on my Priest! Get a wizard going with some good Priest buffs and god watch out.

@Dorftek....if the casters could spam spells they would be so OP it would be ridiculous. Even 1-2 well placed spells can totally turn the tide of a tough fight. A couple self buffs with Concelhauts staff will even put out a ton of dps. And on those tough fights when you really want to unload....my god. I just did the first round of bounties at level 7 with my current team. Let Aloth unload in each fight....it was a joke.

No kidding, Mocker.

If Wizards or any other spellcaster class were able to constantly cast spells at will with no limitations, the game would be so  unbalanced in favor spellcasting that it'd be utterly ridiculous.

Yap if you need to get any fight over quickly just have wiz cast alacrity, eldridge aim, followed by a shadowflame and 3-4 normal fireballs into the middle of the mob. And notice I still did not unload my level 5+ spells. Delayed blast fireball? Freezing rake? Lol.

I hear ya, but I mean in-between those tougher fights where you go "should I waste a spell? Naaah!". I dunno maybe it's just me being cheap and not wanting to rest before my health pools forces me to.

I did play a sword and board solo wizard on Hard up until lvl 9 and he was a monster when buffed up, but eventually I got bored with all the need to rest. Playing a solo sword and board cipher now and it's a lot more satisfying because he has strong spells AND a strong autoattack.

Don't underestimate the wizard's aoe raw 2/encounter. Made a huge difference when they added it/balanced it in.

Of course back in 1.0, people should have heard the complaints about people's wizard not doing any damage. Probably because they were using those very weak minoletta missile stuff, because they think "oh,it's magic missiles right, that's always op". So I find it rather ironic that even after the per encounter spell changes, people are saying such about the wizard. Very different from what people complained about back then.

Later on, as people did more research, they found out how "OP" Slicken was. And all other kinds of stuff, which got rebalanced or nerfed.

I think other than ranger and ciphers, wizard got the most rebalance passes.

Edited by Ymarsakar

Really depends on the playstyle preference. If you're the type that does the RPG beginner's mistake and conserve everything to the end, yeah they can feel like a liability. But if you're willing to go through their resources in most encounters, you'll find they have a huge edge over the other classes. I myself am very trigger happy with spells, so I find my Wizard usually dominates in overall efficiency.

Druids are a little underwhelming though, since all their best spells are congested in 4th and 5th level, so it does feel like they have less casts than a Wizard at times.

• Like 1

Really depends on the playstyle preference. If you're the type that does the RPG beginner's mistake and conserve everything to the end, yeah they can feel like a liability. But if you're willing to go through their resources in most encounters, you'll find they have a huge edge over the other classes. I myself am very trigger happy with spells, so I find my Wizard usually dominates in overall efficiency.

Druids are a little underwhelming though, since all their best spells are congested in 4th and 5th level, so it does feel like they have less casts than a Wizard at times.

The former is my biggest issue playing as a Wizard. I need to stop conserving spells, only resting when HP gets low. It wouldn't be that way had I used spells more often.

• 2 weeks later...

uh.  no.

a blast wizard is pretty much on a par with a ranger for both crowd control and damage.  they can use one of the few decent soulbound weapons in the game (the scepter).

free mass domination 10% of the time?  fast attack? slash/crush damage? yes please.  plus, it's the most accurate weapon in the game, AND does bonus raw damage AND can cast a stun if needed.

don't like that?  hell, there are really nice wands and rods galore in this game, all of which will apply their damage like a barbarian's carnage attack, if you build a blast wizard.

...pew pew, indeed.

I think perhaps you really haven't explored these classes very well.  The wizard is the only class in PoE I find entirely indispensable, even though I never play one as my primary.

plus, they are HUGELY flexible...hell, if you don't like blast wizards,  you can easily build a melee wizard that can fight AND tank, and they just keep getting better at that as they level with summoned weapons that do massive damage and specials.

Druids are great for fighting beasts (very low level charm and paralyze beast spells), and call lighting in and of itself can win a lot of fights for you.  massive wildstrike damage in shifted form is easy to get; treat them like you would a rogue (squishy), and they do just fine, though they also have spells to bail themselves out of trouble too.

Before 3.0 I would have said a cipher is better, but now with the nerf to starting focus, they are really only better than druids at very high levels.

Edited by Ichthyic

oh, and now that I've played a good amount of time with the latest patch... yeah, shadowflame is actually the best spell in the game, hands down.

fast... reasonable damage... good radius... paralyze... AND you can cast OUTSIDE of combat.  put a few stealth points on your wizard, and you will be able to cast it right into the middle of a group before they have any clue what's happening.

why would you start combat against a large group of tough foes with anything else?

I find that druid spells just tend to be less straight-forward than a wizards. Wiz you just look a spell and go "yay a nuke" or "this'll stun em"

I feel like Druids are a bit more intricate to learn to maximize but I'm really starting to love them.

Sure relentless storm isn't straight forward. You cast it without aiming and it wins the battle for you :-

But you're right. Especially at high level. I think they wanted druid to feel really different from wizards.

Edited by Elric Galad

( disclaimer: i play solo most of the time, my opinions are oriented in solo play, where you need always to be tanky enough to survive)

I love wizard over druid, because you have so much more flexibility... What really disappoint me of druid is that they lack any kind of good self buff... Wiz have alacrity of motion, llengrat displaced Image, a skill with +75 defence,citazel martial power, awesome evocated weapon... Lots of option, lot of power, lot of flexibility. Druid is like : cast storm/ insects/ aoe nuke or cast storm/ insects/ tranform and buthcer people ( but you will die anyway much faster than wiz). And a full buffed wiz with citazel lance fell much better that a fully optimized shapeshift druid, the druid maybe can do more DMG every hit, but will die really fast. And i don't want to speack about a wiz with llengrat blunt wisdom optimized for blast :D

• Like 1