No Passionate Deities?

Doesn't anyone find it strange that none of priest deities favour passionate behaviour? I mean Passion is condoned by all priest Deities...I wanted to play passionate priest but i guess its not very efficient as per the game, although its very hard to see why it is so......

There's no reason why you couldn't play a passionate priest. You can easily max out three separate dispositions. Though it is odd that they didn't put in a deity that was pro-passion - Hylea would definitely want that in her priests - but maybe that'll come in an expansion or sequel.

Yeah I think the god choices is mostly just a matter of number of talents and a match for Paladin orders really. No real reason why all the gods shouldn't be available otherwise when you think about it. Like ya said Prudent, hopefully we get more options in the expansion when they can add more talents for that in.

Def Con: kills owls dead

Yeah I think the god choices is mostly just a matter of number of talents and a match for Paladin orders really. No real reason why all the gods shouldn't be available otherwise when you think about it. Like ya said Prudent, hopefully we get more options in the expansion when they can add more talents for that in.

I can see why some Priest Deities, Paladin Orders, Cultures and such were specifically avoided to avoid the hairy situation where they should be very well-integrated into the storyline, but would require a disproportionate amount of work. For example, I would argue that Priests of Eothas are already quite shallow in regard to how well-integrated they should be, and all the Cultures available are specifically from outside the Dyrwoods and the colonies (The Free Palatinate of Dyrwood is originally Aedyran, but the player Aedyr Culture clearly relates to the Aedyr Empire itself, just like Old Vailia is not the same thing as the Vailian Republics).

Imagine...

Being able to take Woedica as your Deity as a Priest.

Being able to play as a Godlike of Eothas and be recognized as such... in Dyrwood.

Being able to take the Fellows of St. Waidwen Martyr order, from Readceras, as a Paladin.

Implementation would either be underwhelming or overwhelming, compared to other deities or orders and so on.

The lack of Passionate deities may be annoying, but I think it's interesting that they still opted for interesting thematic consistency rather than equal balance in these regards. I especially like that Magran, a deity of fire, is actually Rational and dislikes Passion, as a deity of war, tactics and industry, rather than passionate red-headed-ness and wild flimsy flames.

The only thing I think they dropped the ball on in these regards are Bleak Walkers, made into basic blackguards. They have the Favoured Behaviour of Aggressive and Cruel, and the Disfavoured Behaviours of Diplomatic and Benevolent. They were originally described as being motivated by quick resolutions to conflicts and essentially letting the hammer fall, no quarter given. But in practice, they're little more than blackguards, especially with the way the Cruel options tend to be implemented ("kick the puppy").

They should've had the Favoured Behaviour of Aggressive and Rational (or Stoic) and the Disfavoured Behaviours of Diplomacy and Passionate, to emphasize that they're dispassionate get-the-job-dones that believe that the fastest resolution to a conflict is swift and merciless warfare and making a point to discourage others from starting **** again.

I think Galawain might. But you can't pick him because... I don't know?

I would expect Galawain to Favour Aggressive/Passionate (maybe Passionate/Deceptive) and Disfavour Diplomatic/Rational (maybe Stoic/Diplomatic).

And I can't think of a reason as to why Galawain wasn't an available Deity, other than priority and constraints. He has no major part in the story and wouldn't cause any problems that I can think of, but I might be wrong.

t50aJUd.jpg